2nd grow, grow journal

Heat isnt enough stress on its face. Your plant shows no signs of heat stress. Yes I think you will be ok.

I might have deleted the message by mistake. But yea, I trust you my friend Im not going to worry for now. And as I said, that is the only stress I can think about… What usually is the kind of stress that brings a plant to turn herm?

Extended light stress us leading cause as far as I know.

Might have been the moisture? I probably watered that one too much and didn’t leave the time to the roots to breath… well, I don’t want to rush conclusion before it is too late… I’ll give it another week to see if it’s a fake alarm or if I have to get rid of it. it hurts cuz I thought I was doing good and knowing might be my fault bring me down, but hey, it is my 2nd grow and I’ve been kinda okay so far, better then the first one for sure. My 3rd grow are going to be the perfect one.

This was my first grow, plant was all stretched and I got very small buds out of it. Did better than that for sure lol

1 Like

You can’t hermie a plant with a little water.
#1) Not all femanized seeds will be female. Just most. At the same time respect that like 99% are, thats why we get fem seeds.
#2) moisture and water are not the same thing, otherwise flushing the soil wouldnt be a thing. Every 4 weeks I put 15 gallons if water through a 5 gal pot. Never had a hermie 17 months of growing.
#3) a single instance of these things is not enough to push the plant to hermie. It is unfixed, continued HIGH stress. You can reveg photos so even light leaks arent a guarantee to hermie a plant.
#4) although you may see alot of threads on the issue, the reality is there are easily 100:1 unhermied burnt, bugged, plants with tops touching the light and bleaching white. It isnt as common as it seems.
5) your plant is JUST old enough to THINK about showing you her goodies. Lets not assume spontanious sex change before the balls have dropped…so to speak.

Dont get rid of it till you know its a girl or not. Its easy to tell when those two white legs pop out at ya!
Check it everyday, in an abundance of caution, you are a long way from

Your plant looks awful healthy to be stressed into a sex change

2 Likes

@Menz hows that suss plant look today?

Hey there! This is how she looks today:

:pensive: :pensive:

2 Likes

@Covertgrower is this plant a boy, we are waiting to see if it develops more but thought you might know outright.

2 Likes

It looks even more like like male genitalia today. I asked a mentor of mine to look at it.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Suspiciously ball like :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

Looks suspiciously male. I would wait a little to be certain.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback man! This is the situation today:

This is “lower” body

And this is “upper body”. To be honest, in this pic I can see a white leg, but it might be having hallucinations lol What do you guys think? I dont see anymore ball coming out, I actually think that one of theme opened up and took out that white leg Im referring too. But I dont even know if something like that is possible. When you have a situation like this and say to wait what do you mean? Can those kind of balls take out a white leg? Im saying this cuz im pretty sure that where that white leg came out there was a ball yesterday.
Thanks everyone!

Also here is some pics of the plants right now:

@Docnraq @Covertgrower @Fieldofdreams

2 Likes

Never a single solitary pistil. Pistils come in pairs. As far as I know anyhow. Im like 85% sure on that.

Unless this (female example), then not female.

2 Likes

Notice the shape of the bract on the female, its more cone shaped then its pollen pod counterpart. I trust @Covertgrower, never steered me wrong. If he says wait, wait. Id like to add though to co tinue to check it every day morning afternoon and night if you can. DO NOT let those pods open.

2 Likes

Starting look very male to me. Second opinion @Borderryan22 ? Male?

1 Like

I second male parts. Hate to be a party :poop: er

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag btw!

1 Like

Any time! @Borderryan22

1 Like

If you notice the ‘pods’ are somewhat separated from the plant by a thin stem. Female calyxes are directly connected to the stem.

3 Likes