šŸ‰ Indoor RDWC grow adventures HLG Jacks 321

Well the other day when I tagged everyone, I ended up adding half strength nuet feed, it was 1.1 ec 5 gallons. Added it to system, ec came down but not much 2.3 - 2.4

Today my ec is back up to 2.6-2.7 so I added tap water, ph to 5.8 and then hydroguard ec of 0.3 going to let it mix for a while then check my e.c of the system,

Still thinking about doing full flush, but I really donā€™t want to lol

I do need to do some more plant trimming and will do some top canopy maintenance.

I had no idea there are so many specifics about just red lights, I feel like I am only scratching the surface of the ever long journey of best grow lol.

@LateNightGardner when you say a light amount of phosphorus and potassium that stuff you linked looks similar to the MKP stuff I bought

The green on your plants is very nice looking

1 Like

In flower , I dump everything in the system every 3 weeks and refill with freash nutrients and only top off with good ro water in between dumpsā€¦
My systems only hold 19 gallons when fullā€¦
Everything runs turn-key that wayā€¦
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I measured my EC it only came down to 2.4 so I guess I should change it completely, might do it tomorrow, guess I need some more buckets lol

Only 19 gallons, I guess you have to add water every other day or daily?

I have not setup a way to get RO water yet, I guess I shouldā€¦

2 Likes

No , I have all of my systems hooked up to an ro system that automatically waterā€™s them with swamp cooler floatsā€¦
3 bucks at home depo ā€¦
5 stage ro filter system was 190 ā€¦
In all honesty, I could be away from home for 6 weeks and not worry too muchā€¦
But plantā€™s might be pretty hungry by thanā€¦
Itā€™s the fans and lights and timers that I worry aboutā€¦
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes that should do the trick. I use General Hydroponics Koolbloom Dry for the last ā€˜Ripenā€™ week before flush week. I also have been adding a 1/4 dose with my top off water for three weeks prior to Ripen week.

2 Likes

Dude - After I tripped over the UV rabbit hole and started seeing what I thought were good results, I totally fell down the rabbit hole of Far red! :rofl:
Red and Far red both can have profound effects on the plants.
Thatā€™s pretty much it in a nutshell up above.
The Emerson Effect is a whole different beast than just using Red and Far red blasts. I want to play around with the blasts a few times before I try that, but from what Iā€™ve gathered so far it involves using a lot more of the reds and far reds in conjunction with the bluer spectrums to achieve phenomenal growth rates. Iā€™ve read a couple stories of plants literally filling a tent from small and manageable to busting out of the top in just a few weeks.

I got my bar too late into flowering the clones to get the most effective use out of it, but the next run - itā€™s on!
I should be able to flower and still run the lights 13 hrs a day vrs 12. With some heavily indica strains Iā€™m reading that you can push it another hour to 14 on and still go into full flower! Heavily strain dependent obviously and sativas generally donā€™t get as much benefit as indica as theyā€™re a more equatorial strain.
An extra hour of daylight increasing that building phase by like 17% and the use of far red at lights out starts the next process 2 hours faster than it would naturally, introducing an even further increase of actual ā€œgrowing timeā€.

Iā€™m no expert, so donā€™t quote me, but it all sounds promising! LOL!

1 Like

Lighting and electronics have always been a passion of mine. So Iā€™m willing to explore the need of these red lights.

I wouldnā€™t mind adding more lights especially if they are beneficial.

Right now I just want this grow to finish, then I need to decide if I am really doing my build to make adjustments.

Well the girls got all new water yesterday.

Emptied entire system as much as possible.

Filled it back up with jacks, hydrogaurd, pH to 5.8

Added small amount of mkp

Hopefully this will get them through flower phase.

1 Like

Well I have figured out and fixed a few things over the last few days.

First, my blue labs pH pen has a check mark that displays when calibrated and disappears when itā€™s time to calibrate again. Very useful information. I have also ordered some more calibration fluid.

If I take a small amount of calibration liquid to use when I calibrate, can I save it and use it multiple times for calibration?

When examining my govee data and noticing how high my rh was getting over night inside my tent but my rh staying at 40 or below in the house I determined my tent was not effectively exchanging air enough.

I had been running my t-6 fan at level 2 constant. I turned it up to 4 and the data last night shows a noticable difference.

Now Iā€™m worried my rh is lower than it should be during the day lol

Finally seeing my first bit of orange on the far right girl, she is the furthest along. I hope she finishes first so I can get some of her out of the way lol

3 Likes

I second this. Based on what I have read even two would be a bad idea. Babies go explode if all is in order.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have to change my setup after this grow, either drop to 2 plants or upgrade tent to 4x4 or 5x5 for 4 plants

2 Likes

This is the way.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got my fingers crossed that I can convince the wife.
This is the way.

2 Likes

I figure Iā€™ll be a widower before I can upgrade my tent! LOL!
She hates me growing now!
I mentioned that the clones were getting close to the end and her remark was I could stop growing for a while because ā€œYou have plenty alreadyā€
Didnā€™t have the heart to tell her - Nah - Not gonna happen!
Thatā€™s a battle for another day! LOL!
I know EXACTLY where I could put a 4x4 or even a 5x5 with no problem at all.

Hopefully that first Ethos box has a nice surprise in it!! LOL!

If I had a 4x4 or larger, I might could go for one of the RDWC set-ups. The growth on those girls is amazing!!
Iā€™d have to buy a kit - Iā€™m too lazy to actually build it myself! LOL!

1 Like

Is that a Mandalorian reference up above?!? LOL!

Book of Boba Fett is getting better after a slow start. Iā€™m hoping it ends up being as good as Mando and Co. .
I enjoyed the Sandpeople back-story in episode 2. Iā€™m gonna get caught up tonight hopefully!
Too much damn crime in NYC for 1 teenage Spiderman! LOL!

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m an episode behind on book but I agree the start was a little slow, but I also appreciate the quick story catch-up now that things are moving.

1 Like

My wife isnā€™t the biggest fan but she eventually came around when she saw how happy it makes me just having something to focus my nervous energy into that isnā€™t work. She would rather me be home with the plants. :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah - mine is never going to think like that!

well another read down thanks for all your info . and in Va. what can we get for silica ? wont ship anything to me .
:alien: Happy Growing

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BB4XF3B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Recommended by @Hellraiser and it was delivered just fine!

3 Likes