2nd grow / first journal

Update time. Both girls recovered well from the first topping and were both topped for the second time last night. Now we wait for them to bounce back lol.

SS before

SS after

GDP before

GDP after

1 Like

How do the clones look?

The clones look like they’re doing good, I think lol I’ve really no idea. They look alive, I’ve been missing them and have them in a humidity dome that I try to keep around 80% RH. No signs of roots yet.
image image

3 Likes

@Jimmygti

1 Like

Quick update. I tied the fan leaves down to allow more light onto the new tops. Also feed them each with 1.25 liters distilled water, PH’d to 6.63 and a PPM of 445. SS runoff (~100 ml) measured at 6.53 and 328. GDP runoff (~150 ml) measured at 6.28 and 594.
My assumption is the PPM is a little low on SS, and good on GDP. PH seems near perfect on SS but slightly low, yet still good, on GDP.
Today is day 1 of week 5 from sprout, what should be my target PPM? And I’m assuming target PH is 6.5?
And of course a couple pics lol

image image

As long as they stay in soil, they’ll want the PH around 6.5 throughout their life cycle.

1 Like

They are staying in soil, thank you for confirming the PH. Any idea on PPM? I’m using ILGM nutes, they call for 750 PPM. I’m assuming I should be shooting for 400 - 500?

1 Like

I think the target range, for this stage, should be 500-700? I’m not 100% sure though, because I don’t use bottled nutrients.
@MattyBear @elheffe702 @dbrn32 Anyone have better insight?

1 Like

I would probably just stick with the manufacturer’s recommendations for the feeding schedule.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m just the mustard on that knowledge sandwich you listed :joy: But, I’d say with most nutrient lines, start with about half of what the manufacturer recommends, see how the plants react, and adjust as needed. Every plant’s needs are a little different, and it’s better to underfeed them a little. You can always add more, but if you overshoot, you might have to flush. That said, if you do go over a little what you’re shooting for, just give them water only next time, measure, adjust and go again. I hope that helps! :v: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I would just use schedule as baseline and adjust based on how plants react.

2 Likes

Major update. Well a major up to report. Both plants were doing well… however I was attempting to tie down the tops on SS and broke one off… I’m so pissed right now lol,

image image

A little late now but, you coulda tried to make it a clone

1 Like

I’ve got the two other tops that I’m trying to clone. They’re still alive, but no signs of riots yet. If they take, Ive no idea what I’ll do with them. I don’t have the space. My have to gift them to someone lol

1 Like

Are you using lst or supercropping? Personally I use the supercrop method it looks more brutal but it seems to reduce the chance of snapping branches and stems when done correctly

I snapped a main branch on the plant in the top pic using last, luckily it didn’t come away completely and some insulation tape had it repaired although it was weak for a long time it’s now strong and has big scar to show for it

3 Likes

I was only planning on lst combined with the mainlining. My dumbass broke the top of cuz I was messing with her when I shouldn’t have been, should’ve let the tops get a little longer before trying to tie them. Lesson learned

1 Like

Moving forward I’d consider the supercrop method I’ve managed to get a nice mainline using that technique, and had no more accidents since I stopped using lst. I’m not sure if your supposed to supercrop as often as I have but if I see something that needs moving inline with the rest of the canopy I’ve just pinched it and moved it with a soft tie. Generally 24 hours later the plant bounces straight back. Now I have the shape I want I’m hoping to flip to flower next week.

1 Like

Apologies for lack of any updates, anyway girls are looking great. They’re currently 38 days into flower. I upgraded my light a few weeks ago to an HLG 550 RSpec, and it’s kicking ass. Buds are already fat af and feeling dense.
Hers a few pics.

SS
image image image

GDP
image image image

I did almost kill her a couple weeks ago. Was away for work, and left her too long without water, she’s recovered well but lost some leaves. image

1 Like