2nd grow / first journal

My 1st grow is 2-3 weeks from completion, I’m 16 days from sprout on my 2nd grow. Both are photos from ILGM, 1 Super Skunk & 1 Granddaddy Purple. The plan is to mainline both to produce 8 tops with fat kolas.
I’ll do my best to post each mainlining step, and progress.
Here my 2 littles, currently in 1 gallon pots with FFOF and 20% perlite. They will end up in 5 gallon grow bags.
SS
GDP
@imSICKkid
@beardless

8 Likes

Good luck!! Set to watching

2 Likes

I’m gonna tag along as well, if you don’t mind :v:

2 Likes

All are welcome to tag along

1 Like

Looking good! I’ll be around too :grin:

2 Likes

hope you get an excellent harvest. :us:

2 Likes

Just a quick update, and a question.
Girls are 20 days old. SS is pushing out her 6th node, while GDP is slightly behind pushing out her 5th. My plan is to top at the 3rd node once both have established their 6th and or 7th nodes. Here’s some pics as of this am.

SS

image image

GDP

image image

Now for the question, these spots showed up on 2 of GPD’s leaves on day 16. They have not spread, and besides these spots, she looks overall healthy.
Any ideas?

image image

1 Like

Looks like you got a magnesium deficiency going on. Since your plants are pretty dark green already, I would add some epsom salt into your feedings. Around 1g/gal should do the trick.

2 Likes

I started the seedlings in FFHF, the 1 gallon containers they were transplanted into have FFOF. So I’ve only been giving them water PH’d to 6.4 - 6.5.

2 Likes

Ffof should have everything in it for now. But if it gets worse then you know how to address it. Also make sure your ph of the runoff is in check. It could also be locked out

Thanks! It doesn’t appear to be getting any worse. Showed up on day 16 and looks no worse today, at day 20.
I’ll check run off after next watering. If I’m putting in 6.5, what should I expect the runoff to be?

Runoff should be the same. That ffof soil like to drop alot…especially in mid to late flower the ph will drop alot.

1 Like

@imSICKkid, I just watered both with 6.52 PH distilled water. Runoff tested at 5.6 PH on GDP & 5.7 on SS. Should I water them with 7.2 - 7.3 to get the soil back up to 6.5ish?

No, you dont want to overcorrect it by going in super high. Stay around 6.7 and pour a half gallon at a time until the runoff reads 6.5.

2 Likes

Should I flush till I get to 6.5? Or just gradually over the next few times they’re watered?

I would do it all at once. Pour a half gal…check the runoff…then pour another one. Just keep doing it u til your in range. I would also suggest looking at the ppms of the last runoff pour.

2 Likes

If you have dolomite or garden lime, this will bring your PH closer to neutral.

2 Likes

I was able to get the runoff up to 6.0ish on both plants. First half gallon of runoff from each, had roughly 2200 ppm. By the end each are around 500 ppm.
That was so different than anything I’ve done in my first grow :joy::rofl::joy:. Shit, I didn’t even buy a ph pen till just before flower. Bought a $15 one of amazon, just bought an Apera and a cheap TDS meter 2 weeks ago…
Im assuming I’ll need to get the ppm up at the next watering?

2 Likes

Yes indeed. But not by alot. Maybe a mild feeding if they look hungry

2 Likes

Ok guys, first major update. Both girls recovered very well from flushing a few days ago. SS is pushing out her 7th node, while GDP is still behind pushing her 6th.
It’s time to start mainlining! Both girls were topped today at the 3rd node, and fully defoliated below. I’ll bend and secure the new tops down after they’ve developed a little more. I’m also trying to clone tops that I removed from both, just for practice. If they take, Ive no idea what I’ll do with them lol.
Thanks for following along. Any and all comments will be appreciated.

Here’s a couple before pics of SS

And after

I got a little excited and forgot to take before pics of GDP :man_shrugging:t2:

Here’s my attempt at cloning

1 Like