2nd Grow, First Grow Journal

Whats up friends. My very first grow journal. I have officially started my second batch of seedlings. This is my second grow. I have officially harvested my first plant(currently drying). I have two left to go from the first run. (Pictured in photo along with 4 new seedlings.) First of all I want to say thank you to everyone who helped me along with my first grow. This is such an awesome community. I want to keep detailed notes on this grow. I will provide more detailed tomorrow pertaining to soil type and environmental factors. Thank you guys so much,
Grower_Not_A_Shower

9 Likes

Little update prior to going into soil being used for this grow. I planted my seedlings into solo cups approx. 24 hrs ago. No seeds have popped through yet. Planted into soil with 1/4 inch taproots. This will be my first run with transplanting. I am doing this because I am trying to have a continuous grow. I really want to get into living soil, and truly want to produce the most organic product possible. My first grow I used Detroit Nutrient Company Water Only Soil along with Gaia Green Dry Amendments All Purpose
4-4-4 and Bloom 2-8-4. I have pretty much had a flawless grow. I top dressed at half strength because the soil said seed to harvest. This run i started the seeds in Happy frog soil only. When my last two plants are harvested (about 2 weeks) i will recycle the DNC into my Happy Frog mixture along with added perlite and I plan to pre amend that mixture with 75/25 All Purpose/Bloom Gaia Green Dry Amendments based upon their ratio for pre amending soils. I want to be a sponge when it comes to organics. If anyone has some pointers or tips to growing in organic nutrients and soil please follow my journey and spread the wealth of knowlege to us newbies.
Peace, love, and toke.
Grower_Not_A_Shower

1 Like

Update: 09/02/2022
Whats up growmies. All four of the new girls popped out of soil today. 2 Gorilla Glue Autos and 2 Blue Dream Autos. Im going to be pushing the limit of my 2x4 tent. I ran 3 last grow (two still currently in tent, and close to harvest). I have a 2x2 that I use as a drying tent, that will be my overflow tent in case I grow myself out of the 2x4. But so far so great.
Thanks guys,
Grower_Not_A_Shower

2 Likes

Update: 9/5/2022
It is day 3 for my new auto seedlings. I have been keeping them covered with sandwich bags to keep a higher humidity for them(I have slits cut in the bag for ventilation.). I still have not watered them since the initial saturation of soil prior to planting seed. Its day 69 for my my two mature plants. The smaller one is a Blue Dream Auto, and looks like its going to finish prior to the larger Gorilla Glue Auto. My plans are to pull the Blue Dream in approx. 7-10 days when I transplant my seedlings into 3 gallon pots where they will remain until harvest. At that point I will determine if I need to let the Gorilla Glue go and squeeze 5-3 gallons into my 2x4 for another week to let her get her amber trichomes where I like.
The picture below is my gorilla glue auto I pulled about 2 weeks ago. She is in her 4th day of curing, and smells amazing might add.

2 Likes

Update: 9/8/2022
Whats up all three of you lol. It is now day 6 for my auto seedlings. They are coming along wonderfully. I gave them their first watering today, I mainly just soaked the top later of soil with a spray bottle. My tent temp stays between 78/80 during the day, and drops down to about 70-72 at night. My humidity is lower than what want for a seedling, its sitting around 42-45%. This is because I still have two plants that are finishing up for about another week or so. This is the start of my second grow, while also attempting to create a continuous grow in a single 2x4. But with the lower humidity I still have not seen any issues in their growth.
Thanks everyone :love_you_gesture:t2:
Grower_Not_A_Shower

1 Like

Update: 9/11/2022
Hey everyone,
First things first, 21 years ago many good men and women of this nation lost their lives in a awful tragedy. And the lives lost that day will not be forgotten.
With that being said this is my update:
Its day 9 since sprout, We transplanted all 4 of our new girls today. Our Blue Dream #2 looked so tasty I guess our little Gremlin could not resist himself. But she should bounce back just fine. The two mature plants, the larger one being a GG4 and the smaller being a Blue Dream are on day 75. They have approx 9 more days in the tent. If they are ready at day 84 I will chop.
Grower_Not_A_Shower

1 Like

Update: 9/13/2022
Today is day 77 on my mature plants the Blue Dream is looking very tasty and FAT buds. Looks to be on track to chop in a week along with the GG4. It has been 2 days since transplant of my 4 new autos. No slouching or drooping so far so I am assuming it took well. They are now 11 days from sprout. Im curious so see the growth between week 2-3 thats when I seen my first significant amount of growth in my first grow.
Grower_Not_A_Shower

1 Like

Update: 9/19/2022
It is currently day 17 for my 4 new autos, 8 days since transplant into 3 gallon fabric pots. They got their first topdressing of Gaia Green All purpose/ Bloom dry amendments at 2/3 the recommended dose yesterday along with some worm castings. Will take about 2 weeks for nutrients to be broken down and available for the plant to intake. I have still not gave a full watering I have just been keeping the top layer of soil moist with a spray bottle. It is currently day 83 for my two mature plants. I will most likely pull tomorrow and place them into 48 hours of darkness then chop and hang on day 86. Thanks guys :love_you_gesture:t2:
Grower_Not_A_Shower

1 Like

Update: 9/22/2022

It is currently day 20 on my new autos. GG#2 seems to be the runt of the litter. I will see what happens in another week and a half, they got a top dressing 4 days ago. Hopefully will see some good growth then. I chopped and hung my Blue Dream Auto today in the dry tent after she spent 48 hrs in the dark (Second picture, Chopped on day 86). My mature GG is also on day 86 but I have not pulled her yet, I want to make her some bedtime smoke. The last picture is of the GG she has got amber but Iā€™m gonna let it get a little more.
Thanks everyone,
Grower_Not_A_Shower

1 Like

Update: 10/8/2022
My girls are now on day 36 from sprout. Picture 1 is of my two GG4 autos. Picture 2 is of my two Blue Dream autos. Picture 3 is all of them in my 2x4. Current humidity is 57%. Temp is about 76-80. I had some issues with my smaller Blue Dream plant but seem to have gotten her straightened out before her last stretch. Plan on doing 1 last foliar spray before bud sites fully develop. I will do another top dressing of Gaia Green Bloom 2-8-4 and some worm castings in about a week. I wont be using the all purpose 4-4-4 this top dressing. I may add some soil that i started with from my tub that I have had sealed It was pre amended with microbes, castings and amendments in a low dose, as a partner to the top dressing to give the plants some instant food while the top dressing breaks down. So far so good, thanks guys.
Grower_Not_A_Shower.

1 Like