2nd Grow : Cheese, AK-47 and Peyote Critical.. FAIL ☠️

That looks like they got hit with a BIG PH departure. Notice the clawing of the leaves? They are dark which is a possible N toxicity issue. The pale growth is normal.

@elheffe702 @dbrn32 @blackthumbbetty @peachfuzz @PurpNGold74

3 Likes

that was my initial thought but we went with Fe def but giving it a calmag feeding didn’t do anything and i’d postulated maybe could’ve made it worse. can’t flush as it’s in Kind. this is also the plant that is a cloned sibling to a friend’s plant also having the same problems. the second plant i have from him is same strain but not the same momma.

if all my other plants stay fine, it could be this plant is a genetic mess. or my ph was way off and it’s more susceptible to swings than it’s sister. if my other plants develop issues then need to consider my pen, my water, the crystals.

1 Like

and FWIW these are the clones of both plants. so far the clone of the healthy plant is looking good but the sickly plant also has a clone that’s starting to look maybe similar?

1 Like

Definitely looks like too much Nitrogen. See how the leaves have that kinda steel blue color to the green? Does that make sense? They’re so dark green they look almost inky? I often over Nitrogenate (is that a word?). I know this problem well. :joy:

As long as the new growth darkens up in a couple of days, that pale color is completely normal. It looks extra pale against the dark leaves.

Have you done any slurry testing? I don’t know much about Kind soil, but when I started growing I used very hot organic soil and had lots of nutrient/lockout problems.

2 Likes

I’d say he’s a touch heavy on the N and there is clawing too but the way the leaves look (a bit of wilt too) that leads me to believe the PH went wonky fairly recently. But a reduction in N would not be a bad thing assuming correct PH now.

This is in Kind soil. so… would’ve had to have put roots into it way too fast. I watered it’s sibling same time so Ph couldn’t have been too terrible, right?

Possibly the pH is causing the Nitrogen issue. 2 birds, one stone.

1 Like

it’s been like this for… maybe two weeks now? new growth is sh!t.

Slurry test?

how do you do that in layered soil? it’s cocoloco on top and Kind in the bottom

Get in as close to the roots w/o disturbing them. Grab about a tbsp from 4 different areas/depths. That should be good for an average sample.

1 Like

for SCIENCE i’ll see if i’m up to it. tempted to just let this thing go. it’s so far behind now gonna mess up my scrog. but an autopsy would be helpful moving forward. also wanna see if my other plants also develop this.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, slurry test, for sure. I didn’t see the leaf close-ups. Those leaf edges are not normal. Let’s see what your medium tells us.

1 Like

Don’t let em go. They can easily recover.

2 Likes

also, this may be related or not, but this is my friend’s plant, clone from the same mom.

FRIEND’S PLANT/SIBLING

4 Likes

trying not to panic but now 4/6 plants are showing more yellowing. i know new growth can come in yellow-er but this seems like more than yesterday. IF these progress to problem, given my friend’s plants, and given these were watered in 3 separate batches of ph’d water and I tested my pen… i’m going to the store today to buy some spring water and take the water source out of the equation. i’ll pick up some distilled so i can do a slurry test.

3 Likes

Like they said. New growth is typically lighter. Id triple check that ph pen nust in case. Hell with checkingg, recalibrate that sucker.

4 Likes

Pretty plant. All looks fine. I could show you dozens of pictures of my grows with the same light green new growth.

3 Likes

The leaf margins here are not normal, though. Or are they?

1 Like

which clone are we talking about? the greener one or the yellow?