2nd Grow : Cheese, AK-47 and Peyote Critical in Kind Soil!

@dbrn32, do you have suggestions where i should be at this point? I have a QB320, the plants are just entering their teens at 6 weeks. i need to get one of those killawatts, i have no idea at this point where i am in intensity, maybe 60% and i’m 36" over the tops. temps about 78 and humidity 59%. what should i be progressing to as they grow? many thanks in advance!

1 Like

You can probably lower your light about a foot. Go like 6" now and maybe another 6" end of week. Evaluate a few days after that, if things look good drop to about 20". You will probably be good there, and just maintain that distance until a couple weeks after going to 12/12. Then you can start increasing dimmer.

1 Like

thanks. is there a specific meter you’d recommend so i can gauge what % i have the light at? previously we’d had so much discussion on power strips and extension cords- went to great lengths to upgrade everything or get straight into the wall, i don’t know what putting a cheap piece of plastic between my biggest drawing item and the outlet could do.

1 Like

I built the one I use, but used my multimeter prior to building it. If you just want to measure your light a standard killawatt should do. This one is rated for over 1800 watts.

2 Likes

thanks again. i guess it doesn’t need to stay plugged into it either, which is what i was thinking.

1 Like

did i FIM this FIM attempt? everyone else is sporting their two new budsites. i see some tiny growth peeking but not much to inspire.

and when it comes time to top a second time, is it these top two i snip again?

2 Likes

You can leave your light plugged in indefinitely, but you would want it outside of grow space if you do.

1 Like

That looks like you topped her instead of FIM’ing. I have a spotty track record of hitting the right spot to do a good FIM but I always try as 4 tops work really well in a SCROG.

You can top any branch you want but don’t go too overboard unless the plant is in a BIG pot.

hmm. so the first pic is the one i tried to FIM. second is def a deliberate top. should i do an actual top a node down on the first one i messed up?

i just want to top twice to get four tops. each plant will have about 1.5 feet x 3ft of space to fill. they’re in 5 gal.

1 Like

Just top again. That’s what I do when I (usually) fail to do a proper FIM. (I think I was successful this time haha)

haha ok. i thought FIMing was supposed to be easier given it’s name.

for the second round of topping later, i go after the two new budsites that come out of the first top? i want that nice geometric four site growth that i always see on everyone else’s plants. or that’s what FIMing does and i screwed it up?

1 Like

Exactly. When it doesn’t take for me I usually have the node below it develop two tops which is what I use when populating the SCROG.

1 Like

damn. ok. well gonna try the double top anyway and see how it looks.

1 Like

Looks like distilled isn’t going to work after all, lol. Figured kind soil would have enough calcium but I guess not.

ha, just saw your other post. yeah that’s one of the reasons they use to argue against it. but i pressed him a little more on it and he just said the Ph of distilled was too high. my next watering is coming up tomorrow. going to make sure my pen is triple calibrated. i bought some organic calmag to have on hand just in case. going to try really hard not to mess with my Kind grows tho. the other with dry organic amendments will probably get a tea in the next water or two.

actually, if this system works out i may see if i can get a hose hooked up to the toilet water line so i can use the boogie filter. i was excited about to be able to fill up at the hose and then today the temps dove down to 25 and i see a flaw in my plan…

1 Like

FYI: this is a nonsense statement. Distilled water, by definition, is neutral PH and zero solids. Any reading taken with an EC instrument to record PH is going to get a spurious reading.

1 Like

yeah i went back and forth with him on that until he got irritated and i let it go.

just from a sustainability aspect i’m probably sticking to filtered tap. next time i hit the grocery store i’ll see if their refill station is suitable. but i’m pretty happy that my nutes came in paper bags and i don’t have to buy any more plastic bottles. well the Kind came in a plastic bag as did the Roots. but it’s still way better than the multiple AN lineups that i had purchased repeatedly for months.

Plushberry update

both PBs watered today after a week with filtered water with ReCharge ph’d down to 6.8. temps and humidity have been around 75-78 and 50-55% humidity with a tiny portable humidifier in the tent.

PB1 looks like what nightmares are made of. i’m about ready to let go of this one. i’m a little concerned and watching PB2 now. within an hour of watering, her new growth is looking a lot more yellow.

1 Like

3x5 - Notes

light lowered to 30"
Kind soil plants watered with boogie filtered water, ph’d to 6.8
Roots dry amendment plants watered with pitcher filtered water and ReCharge to 6.8
Temps 75 and Humidity 59%

if more of my plants go to poop consider my actual water as a problem as my buddy is having these same issues.