2nd Grow : Cheese, AK-47 and Peyote Critical.. FAIL ☠️

You don’t need to ph RO for the same reason. You can ph it and check it again a few minutes later and it will change. There’s not enough solids to hold the ph. Kind soil recommends you do not use RO water but distilled or purified bottled water is ok and “may be easier in the long run because you won’t need to ph”. The only reason I can think of why they wouldn’t recommend RO is because it is deionized and distilled is not. So distilled has electric conductivity where RO won’t.

1 Like

ya just trying to get at the theory of it rather than use it in my grows. but… half the folks on here use RO and Ph religiously. :thinking:

If you’re adding nutrients, then ph is needed. You’re adding solids to the RO so, at that point, it has enough in it so hold a ph

2 Likes

ok that lightbulb just went off. thanks for that.

so back to hot soil… why would they say no RO water but distilled is ok? been reading more on water purification methods in the last hour than i’ve ever cared to

2 Likes

The only other reason besides RO being deionized, is they’re trying to eliminate variances in people’s RO systems causing problems. Different systems, haven’t kept up with filter changes, etc causing not so RO water. Distilled is basically where you boil water, collect the steam and let that turn back into water and you have distilled water.

2 Likes

thanks for taking the time with me on this. today was brought to you by the letter W. i seriously spent all day learning about water.

4 Likes

Gone are the days of spraying your plants with the garden hose

ha, well sheeit i thought it was that easy when i saw the boogie filter on their website.

getting a little better grip on the humidity and my VPD is looking a little better. in the end, several towels in a bowl of water with only a 6" fan at the bottom blowing on it has worked the best. the top fan above the light is off and i turned the constant exhaust off. the AC infinity is set to kick on at 60%. i don’t know how often it engages - it does worry me a little that there’s not much air exchange going on, but seems to me the key has been to create too much humidity so that the fan kicks on more often.

i also lowered the lights to 36". didn’t realize how high they were, but they are babies, so i think it’s fine. once the sensitive phautos are outta here i’ll start cranking it up more.

4 Likes

What happened at 19:30? Lol, you open the tent?

2 Likes

haha yeah and i may have cropped out the other 100 dips because it’s evidence of how often i go stare at them.

2 Likes

Hi neighbor I am only about a hour south of your location and just wanted to let you know I’ll be watching looking for a smoke report on the cheese because that’s my next grow and not sure if you’re a baseball fan but go nats

2 Likes

hey neighbor! i’m a fair weather nats fan but the series was really fun! could turn me into a baseball fan.

wish i could give you a report for the cheese NOW lol. lord it’s gonna be like february.

I’m patient I got mine as free seed bonus so I gotta try gl on your grow

1 Like

Plushberry Update

in the 2x4 tent
ES-300 at maybe 65%
humidity is fluctuating terribly but now at 77 degrees and 53% humidity. the bowl of water with towel and tiny humidifier was working until this morning.

PB1 (in Kind Soil, different pheno) continues to get more and more hideous. i haven’t done much to try and save it because i’m not convinced this doesn’t have some genetic issues. i did spray with CalMag to try and correct a possible Fe deficiency, but if it is N tox, i could have made it worse. The clone is starting to sprout some new growth and it’s also very yellow and starting to twist.

PB #2 (In CocoLoco and dry amendments) is looking good. i topped her a second time (may have been more of a FIM?) at the four new growth sites off the first tops. need to do some LST this weekend. forgot to take a pic but her clone is looking good too and need to decide if i want to pot her up or not. i’m out of space. but maybe this smaller clone will replace PB #1.

i’ve been overwatering them and according to Kind also overdoing it on the crystals and Ph. I’m going to try and find some spring water already naturally at 7. but i hate the idea of buying plastic bottles. hoping my grocery store’s water refill station has water that will work. but so far all my other plants are fine… so, tempted just to let this finicky plant go.

4 Likes

FYI: you can not PH distilled water. I keep harping on this. If you want to get a ‘reading’ on distilled, you have to add a known solid and measure off of that. Sure; you’ll get a reading but it’s incorrect.

Experiment: take your nutrient mixture and measure the TDS and PH. Then, add two drops of PH down. Re test for PH. Now take distilled and measure for both. Then add two drops to the distilled and re-test. That will explain it.

3 Likes

yeah thanks learned that during this process. i’m out of distilled but i may consider using it as it sounds like i don’t have to Ph it at all.

I’m not using nutes. it’s water only. i have a pitcher water filter (it was suggested too many minerals were being stripped out) and a boogie filter hooked up to my hose (not sure how long i’d want to use that as it’s going to get cold and i’ll likely shut the water off). or i could buy spring water or i could use distilled from a store.

1 Like

Yeah; I have an R/O buddie and do the same thing. My seedlings see straight R/O and when I have water only days in Promix I just dump it in.

1 Like

yeah if i can just use straight distilled and not worry about Ph that would be fantastic. i’m not sure why Kind told me to try and find spring water now.

Start Week 6 Update : Cheese, AK47, Peyote Critical in the 3x5

3x5 tent with 6" AC infinity
2 plants in Kind
2 plants in Roots organics with dry amendments
QB320 at ?%, dropped it to 36" inches, everyone is handling it just fine.

off with their heads! everyone got topped today at what I attempted after the 3rd node. as i can’t seem to count, who really knows.

humidity- the struggle is real! i finally put the whole room humidifier in the tent. i had it worked out for a few days and then the outside climate changed again and humidity took a dive. so this 4L humidifier is working really well in here (today). exhaust fan set to kick on at 60% so it’s keeping a good balance now with humidity and temp at 59% and 78 degrees.

everyone seems healthy. miss cheese looks like she was going through something for a minute but doesn’t seem to be a current issue. hopefully.

solo cups… everyone was transitioned from the 2x4 to the 3x5 where i can give them more humidity. the peyote critical 2 and AK2 that were dropped later than their siblings are still pretty far behind. the plushberry clones 1 and 2 are probably ready for transplant soon, though i may just keep the PB2 as that mother plant is looking good and PB1 is probably going to end up in the composter.

2x4: Plushberries

PB2 got some LST today. i have no idea what i’m doing. and i completely snapped off a major top with 2 budsites on it. this thing is so much more delicate than my blue dreams. if i trash the PB1 i need to figure out what i’m going to do with the extra space in that 2x4. or maybe i get another 2x2 and take this plant and put it in there and use 2 of the plants in the solos in here.

humidity is a little harder to control in this one. i have a small, portable humidifier in the tent keeping things around 50%, which may be ok now that the babies are out of here.

4 Likes