2nd Grow : Cheese, AK-47 and Peyote Critical.. FAIL ☠️

it smells SO BAD i can’t have it in my house. my eyes were watering and i could TASTE it. it’s still sitting in it’s pot outside but being outside can’t be good for it either. i’ll probably donate it to mother nature.

Put it on some iffy grass patch u got. Or let the rain flush it for ya and save it for next year. Dirt is dirt

1 Like

i gotta figure out how to store soil in a house that has no storage. i don’t really have much of a covered porch area either. but i could maybe swing it if i get rid of some crap.

oh and for the Kind they recommend a precharged starting medium like coco loco or roots organics. really not gonna complain about the costs. it’s a fraction of what i was doing and the amount of return all makes it make sense.

1 Like

I have my used/waiting to be used again coco in a tote that fits in my tent now that I moved the IKEA table from the back porch to my tent.

5 Likes

that table is great. i’d love to get everything off the ground. i look at jimmie’s rooms all the time and my back let’s out a big sigh.

only thing with the super soils is they should be in a cool space. i had them in my big tent originally but got them out of there.

i’m just going to have to add on to this house. i really see no way around it. the plants want what the plants want. just gotta find a way to come up with 100k lol.

1 Like

I agree :100:. That would be so much better. I don’t have the height for that though :roll_eyes:. I really really need a greenhouse like Jimmie

Those veggies are looking good @elheffe702 I haven’t gotten my hydro veggies going yet. :v::green_heart:.

1 Like

well, this is why i’m saying i need to add on to the house haha. this house was obviously not designed around pot growing.

1 Like

That’s funny, we keep talking about selling the house, downsize and get further out in the country. A great indoor grow area and good water are too priority when looking at houses :joy: and I tend to favor those with greenhouses or sunrooms. With most the kids grown, I spend most my spare time in my grow area instead of the kitchen :+1:

3 Likes

sounds LOVELY.

1 Like

Whole Room Humidifier Results!

humidity in my tents is up…drum roll… 2%. W… T… F…

i’m assuming i should keep the exhaust fan on at least 1 for air exchange and we don’t want anything static, correct? i can turn the little 6" fans back off. just given my ammonia battle i figured moving a little oxygen would be a good thing.

1 Like

I run my tent with a separate intake fan on a timer; 8 times per day for one hour. Plus an exhaust fan set up to maintain canopy temps so only comes on when temps reach set point. I do this to bump up the RH.

1 Like

are you running a humidifier in your tent or the room? this baffles me. it’s humid in the room. there is an exhaust fan lightly exhausting and should be pulling humid air in from the room.

but ok so it sounds like you do not have constant air exchange. i can go back to that. i started there. stuff got smelly.

1 Like

Because I’m in a garage I use it inside the tent. Having a continuous flow of air through the tent will make it very hard to maintain any rational RH level. Having the space filled with plant material helps too so if your plants are small that is a partial explanation too.

1 Like

ok, so i was operating under the premise that it had to be constant, so if i had the whole room humid, it would balance out. but if it doesn’t need constant exchange, this will certainly help. thx

1 Like

everyone got a drink tonight, water filtered through the Boogie filter, Ph’d to 6.9. phil seemed to think my previous 6.5 was too low, so went higher. i tested the runoff in the messed up plushberry, and the ph of the runoff was 8.0. what does this tell me? i didn’t test any of the other Kind plants because they’re still pretty small and recently transplanted.

@BobbyDigital, @Skydiver have you tested your Kind Ph runoff and does it tell you anything? used Coco Loco for the base medium.

I have flushed with it once (Kind and roots original) and the Ph was high. I think around 7.6 or so but that ended up not being my problem. If you can take a soil sample from 3 different areas and depths and do a slurry PH test. Also hope your PH pen is calibrated. Also the saucer the run off come out was it clean before watering?
If your only watering and not adding any nutrients the soil has buffering capacity that may affect the readings. Also what water did you use? Tap, RO etc

Just some thoughts
My issue ended up being low humidity and under watering I never got the flush to bring down the run off PH to anywhere near the 6.5 I think may have gotten down to 7.4 or something and stopped trying and they ended up finishing fine after adjusting RH and better watering practices. I also have 2 soil PH meters that work fine and they were reading the soil PH in range before and after the flush. They aren’t the cheap $10 ones and they do work fine and accurate in my experiences to date.

3 Likes

ok, so just for clarity, this is too high? 8 is what my water is coming out of the tap.

i used water filtered through the recommended boogie filter. dish was clean for catching the water, normally don’t even water to any runoff.

i do have a low humidity problem. just got a humidifier.

pen is an Apera and it’s calibrated and checked it against my cheap chinese pen and they’re close. haven’t done a slurry test yet, but again, top is cocoloco and bottom is Kind… so, what would it tell me?

wasn’t sure if Ph readings in Kind were valid since it’s kind of a mixed medium system and the plant probably hasn’t dipped too far into it yet.

I have 2 tents in adjoining rooms and my humidifier is near the doorway that joins them in the room it’s about 75% RH and maybe 71F in the Rooms and the tents lights on at 81F the RH sits between 50-58% because of the temp difference of 10 degrees makes a huge difference in needed RH in room where that gets drawn into tent.
It’s all about temp relative to humidity
Previously I had small humidifiers in the tents but they weren’t very accurate in maintaining what I set. My humidifier I parted together from house of hydro is hooked to inkbird and sensor is in one of the tents and this set up is much easier to dial in and unless I don’t add water for 4-5 days it keeps up pretty good as it has 20-25 gallons of RO water with a splash of tap for 50 ppm to keep system sensing correctly.
Inside tent I have a fan on each end of floor pulling in from both passive bottom vents. My inline runs constantly usually around 40-50% speed but will ramp up if temps get over a set point and then back down.

2 Likes

both of mine are in the same room and there is no return within the bedroom, so thought this was the golden ticket if i kept the door closed.

i just turned off a fan in each tent and set the AC Infinity to start spinning up again if the RH gets above 65. so hopefully that’ll periodically exchange enough air. both tents still have small fans in front of the passive air intakes. i’m still cheating right now though because i just watered. true test will be tomorrow if this all helps.

what inline do you have that has incremental control? i have the AC infinity and it’s either on or off. unless i’m missing something, cuz what you describe is certainly what i expected.

1 Like

I have the hyper fan with their optional controller

1 Like