2nd Grow- Bubblegum and AK-47

2nd Grow- 14 days after popping into soil.

3 Likes

Week 6 from popping seeds in ff soil. These gals are an AK47 auto and a Bubblegum auto. These gals have been FIMā€™ed. One seems to be letting me know why they donā€™t recommend FIMā€™ing while the other one is just fine and seems to be showing her sex. In the mix, I have mixed up the two strainsā€¦but one appears to have thinner, more serrated sati a leaves. Does anyone know if this is more indicative of one of these strains, ak47 or bubblegum? @Covertgrower @Graysin @SilvaBack203

[Uploading: B46AC714-759F-4CDE-AFAB-3CBF1B054A12.jpeg

1 Like

I believe AK is more indica leaning but honestly Iā€™m not 100% certain about that. I only believe that because I have an AK autoflower and I only buy indicas or indica leaning hybrids.

2 Likes

Thanks for the perspective @Graysin. What else are you growing & liking right now?

1 Like

Iā€™m growing everything under the sun.

So far the hits around the ā€˜hood are:
Frosted Jungle (picked up as a clone, but Jungle Boys seeds are around on the internet for $)
AlpujarreƱa autoflower
Lemon Tree (history unknown, she was a photoperiod though)

I grew a Gelato and a Blueberry as well but those seemed pretty lackluster compared to the others mentioned. Probably beginner mistakes hampered their progress.

2 Likes

That is awesome!! You have been busy! I am looking forward to future grows, and trying new strainsā€¦I just wish I had a community of growers to trade seeds or clones with!

2 Likes

Get on Instagram and find @SilvaBack203 - once you find him, heā€™ll tag the rest of us in. Iā€™m happy to swap seeds. Iā€™ve got lots of weird strains.

2 Likes

They are looking nice and I really donā€™t know about the indica sativa partā€¦ Iā€™m always down to trade too but I got more reg seeds than anything

3 Likes

Thanks for the info @Graysin and @SilvaBack203! This community is great!

1 Like

Theyā€™re both hybrids, and can express both or some of indica or sativa. Best indicator is terpene profile in flowering. Iā€™ve identified a few plants Iā€™ve mixed up before. If Iā€™ve cloned one, I can figure out which one it is sometimes just on structure, but definitely terpenes later.

2 Likes

Thanks @Covertgrower! I guess time will tell:). Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to smell the bubblegum right away, and knowšŸ¤£.

2 Likes

I had a buddy that grew it, youā€™d be surprised how remarkably ā€œbubble gumā€ smell it will have. I only smelled it after a cure, so Iā€™m not familiar with the profile while itā€™s growing though.

4 Likes

Oh wow! I look forward to that! That sounds :+1::ok_hand::call_me_hand:!

1 Like

Planted 12/25/2021. 2/17 update. AK47 & Bubblegum auto. These 2 continue to have very different growth habits. How should I proceed? Any way I can get these to the finish line at the same time? Theyā€™ve been switched to a 12/12 light cycle. Also, a couple starts of holy basil, and Thai chilis :hot_pepper::hot_pepper:for some pad krapow!!

@Graysin @SilvaBack203 @Covertgrower @PurpNGold74

s

4 Likes

Not likely. Although to be fair theyā€™ll finish within 2-3 weeks of eachother either way, I suspect. The best way is to allow the short stalky one to go to more amber and the tall gal to be harvested at cloudy instead of amber - that will highlight their strain characteristics fairly well, too. Iā€™m assuming the tall lanky one is a sativa dominant hybrid, and the shorter is more indica dominant. If you aim for amber on indica and cloudy on sativa, itā€™ll bring them closer to finishing around the same timeframe (but not necessarily a guarantee).

Best thing to do right now is to what you can to weigh down the tall gals branches and get her canopy more even with the other plant and hammer them both with as much light as you can. :v:

3 Likes

Those girls are looking good

2 Likes

Thanks @Graysin !!! And GOOD read! I think you are exactly right! I think the tall one is a 65/45 Sativa dominant hybrid, and the other a 50/50. I actually would love to be able to split the harvest, emphasizing both the indica and sativa effects by harvesting the indica on the amber side of trichomes, and the Sativa on the cloudy side. Especially since I already have a balanced smoke! Thereā€™s a smoke for every occasion, and I love the variety and experimentation aspect of growing/harvesting/&smoking!!

Then you did it exactly right by growing one of each and starting at the same time. Usually their flowering times differ by between 2-4 weeks, which gives you that optimal ability to highlight lots of amber in the indica (faster flowering) and more cloudy in your sativa (slower flowering). :v: :100:

1 Like

Thanks @SilvaBack203

I believe the taller one is the AK. I havent grown them myself but the oneā€™s I see around the site seem to lean sativaish in leave structure and stretch.

Also the only Bubblegum related strain or two I grew both stayed squat. Pretty indica smoke. And I agree with @Covertgrower the bubblegum smell and flavor is amazing. Itll catch you completely off guard how overpoweringly strong it can get. Even while growing.

2 Likes