2nd grow Bruce Banner ILGM

I think the girls were tired lmao I went into the tent to check on them about 8 o’clock when I normally get up in the morning and they were dropping, soil is still moist so it wasn’t from that and not seeing any issues so I just assumed they are exhausted from growing! Sure enough I checked on them when the lights were off and they were perked up again. It’s just crazy to see these things.

2 Likes

In the 3rd pic why did you strip the bottom this early?

2 Likes

@spankyjr1 that was the plant that had some trouble with the PH issue that I caught before it was too late, so I trimmed off the discolored leaves. I didn’t want energy wasted really which I do plan on transplanting into a final 5 or 7 gallon pot as I didn’t like the slow growth I had in my last plant and I think having a bigger pot will help with tallness of the plants as I can bury it more in soil then it will also help so the roots have room to spread and the growth shouldn’t be inhibited. The other one wasn’t as bad as this one was which is why it’s a little bit taller and such but I have already been adding silica and making sure there is ample airflow in the tent so they should be just fine strength wise

1 Like

I just think it will slow growth down at this early stage
It looks healthy now

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying but I really feel this time around is growing faster than my first and I didn’t have the PH issues that I had with my Gelato. I should be okay especially once I do the topping. The new growth came in under a week and that’s the 4th nodes so if I want to top I mean getting my topping done before the 1 1/2 month mark will be an accomplishment even from my last grow. I would have rather gotten rid of that bad growth and have the resources go elsewhere for faster growth and it seems to be working

3 Likes

But like I said I wouldn’t have done it unless it was necessary, and thank you about the new growth @spankyjr1 im glad I caught the issues in time :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Okay everyone i Will be watering today now that it is officially the 3rd lol both plants are at 35 days in soil will update details soon

1 Like

Watered about half a gallon between both plants. ph was 6.7 jacks 321 with tds at 1156 (thought the PPM was too high) I wanted to half the jacks 321 but I thought meh we will see what happens I mean I am not using FFOF so it doesn’t have all the nutrients since I’m using happy frog. Now as far as the silica I used 5mil and the last thing I would say is they look beautiful. I will take a pic with the lights off to get a clear picture but nice and healthy babies to report currently. One is showing signs of needing a topping but I figured I would top them at the same time. I have some auto seeds from a friend of mine and I could start those when I flip the others but those are gonna be different than my photo babies I’m used to. But it’s his own genetics so I couldn’t be prouder to receive free seeds.

2 Likes

I want to say if it wasn’t for this place I wouldn’t have gotten this far. It really means a lot @MaD-VapoR @Hellraiser you guys have been there for me since the beginning and i could never repay you for the kindness in sharing your knowledge. @Covertgrower youre a good one too. Really I just couldn’t name everyone but those of you that follow me I want to thank you for showing me love just by watching.

3 Likes

Lights are off, gave them a neem bath to start with pest management. I’m not seeing many in the tent at all actually it’s in the areas outside the tent that have more so I’m thinking it’s the soil I have stored. I am not too worried about pests as I will make sure to keep up the ppm (preventative pest management) and I should be fine, especially since spring is the most humid. (Crossing my fingers) everything looks good

2 Likes

I do have the air going in the tent and I also shook the plants a couple of times to shake all the excess water off.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @Hellraiser not sure if I’m doing this right but I want to attempt to scrog or screen of green.

3 Likes

And a top view

3 Likes

I just wanted to start training early I figured the earlier the better.

3 Likes

here is one last top view

4 Likes

LST is a great way to start training.

3 Likes

I just feel like I’m not doing it right. It’s like art which has never been one of my strong suits, I can have an idea but putting it into a picture I cannot do. Someone said this is like a bonsai tree you shape it the way you envision it and I’m like oh shoot…lol @Covertgrower but thank you your reassurance helps :muscle:t3:

2 Likes

Wasn’t this on another topic? You should keep it all on this one and just tag people that way everything is in one place and organized. Not telling you what to do. Just a suggestion lol

1 Like

Yes I started a new topic specifically for a new Scroger. That way I could keep all scrog talk for a new scrogger in that journal. Someone who is In my shoes similarly attempting their first scrog. You’re right I totally could but honestly I’m not here to please. I’m hear to learn from the helpful people here and their first hand experience and yes I could surf the site for all the info I need (which I have) but I still have questions.

This is more of a update/progress journal. “Not here to tell you what to do but gonna tell you what to do” :rofl: I’ll take your 2cents for what it’s worth thank you