2nd grow Bruce Banner ILGM

New babies in the house!

2 Likes

Yessir! Finally confident enough that I can do this :sweat_smile: I need to invest in more lights now :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

:joy:

Always more to invest in…lol. What lights are you looking at? HLG has a sale going on…might be a good time to do it.

1 Like

@MaD-VapoR definitely HLG I mean everyone uses different lights but seriously I don’t see any issues with these lights plus they are adjustable and I can keep the temps right where I want them pretty easily. I want and HLG scorpion but we shall see what happens. They’ve had a sale going on for a while! It sucks bc I’ve been struggling and haven’t been able to spend excess money like I used to. But I am very happy. I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for this forum

3 Likes

Scorpion is a cool light…I was considering it but went with the 600r since everyone thought that was a better choice. They had a refurb and with “dude” code it was a no brainer.

1 Like

Nice, what’s the difference between the 2 do you know @MaD-VapoR

1 Like

Here’s what @Hellraiser said to me months ago. Hope this helps. :wink:

Both are great lights but designed for different grow methods or setups, the scorpion will give better coverage having 6 288qb’s instead of the 4 boards the 600r has. The 600r has more intensity since it pushes more watts per board (150 watts max per board vs the 100 watts max per board of the scorpion). The 600r is better geared towards those who want taller plants (more light intensity and penetration) while the scorpion is more geared towards lighting a even canopy of shorter plants, great for SCROG or SOG type grows.

So it really depends on what growing styles you plan on doing on future grows. For a mix of short and tall plants which can happen with seed grows, the 600r would probably work out better with the better penetration, but could also work with the scorpion, just need to raise up the shorter ones to even up the canopy.

If planning on growing big tall plants like the grow you just finished, I’d go with the 600r, if planning on shorter trained plants that you plan on keeping an pretty even canopy (LST, SCROG, SOG) then I’d go with the scorpion.

If not sure, I’d just get the 600r and mount a UVA 30 on it for less than the price of the scorpion.

3 Likes

Love his explanations! Perfect that actually answers exactly what I was wondering

3 Likes

which is why I quoted him instead of me rambling on about something. lol I am not a writer by any means.

I got the 600r and UVA for way less than the scorpion with refurb and code.

2 Likes

Nice nice! Well shoot guess that solves that!

1 Like

Now I just need to work more OT so I can afford it :joy:

1 Like

Okay so today marks day 38 in flower, has anyone heard anyone on shortening day time lengths from 12hr of light to 11.5 or 11 hours? I heard of benefits one of them of course less electricity being used but I’m not too worried about that. I could’ve swore someone said if forced the plant to get ready for harvest sooner… @MaD-VapoR @Covertgrower @Davyg @dbrn32 @Hellraiser rhonda sure looks pretty

2 Likes

5 Likes

There are a few growers on here that do that Debbie. I’m sure @MrPeat does it. Shortens the day by 15 minutes every day until harvest

2 Likes

@Davyg I don’t shorten the grow lights time down. Mine kicks on at 6:47pm and turn off at 7am. I run this from start to finish.

I have thought about doing it just to see if it
helps or not. Theoretically it should work. After all the time of sunlight per day slowly shortens starting in the Fall.

So again theoretically it should work if you do it how the sunlight gets less per day. :+1:

2 Likes

Apologies mate I thought it was you. I don’t do it either but I get the idea behind it though. I’ve read someone’s journal on here and that’s what they do. Legendary memory gets me again :man_facepalming::rofl:

2 Likes

No worries…nothing to apologise for. I can’t remember which member does what either. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I flower entire period on 12 hours.

4 Likes

DJ Short (famous Blueberry breeder) likes to flower at 11/13, says it shows off phenotype expressions better and can make for a more terpy bud. Bro-science has been that shorter flowering hours can hasten the plant to finish up as well (thinking that winter is coming). I’ve tried all the different flowering hours and I’m usually doing 11.5/12.5 or 12/12.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if all of you noticed from the pictures (I’ll take some tonight) but the light was too close to the plant and I was starting to get tip burn. I thought it was from nutrients and it still could be I didn’t test Ppm (I know I should’ve? But because the leaves are getting lighter and not as dark I’m guessing it has to do with lighting not nutrients for the tip burn. Another way I came to this conclusion is by looking at the buds that had the burn vs the buds below them and those didn’t have tip burn which meant to me it wasn’t nutrients it was a lighting issue. I raised the light to about 24 inches from canopy (not sure where I had it before just eyeballed it) been getting lazy :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes