2nd grow Bruce Banner ILGM

I’ve tried 2 of my banner seeds out of 5 and can’t get them to pop. I tried the paper towel method and soaked one water and in dirt but nothing. I watched the temps and followed the guides. I’m not sure what to do with last 3 :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah having that experience with blue dream , I got ready too late , just know to read about it and be ready for it to buck a lil , definitely will not be the same after this plant

6 Likes

I’ve got 1 BB seed popped, the other (one in the peat moss) I’m not sure if the peat moss just sucks or what but the seed was sprouting except it wasn’t inside the peat moss. It was weird it was sitting outside the peat but you could tell it wanted to grow, so I went ahead and cut another solo cup and stuck the seed in the solo cup with FFOF. The one that was originally planted in the FFOF soil is already popping out of the soil! So I don’t have any problem getting it to pop. They both did seem to take a lil longer to germ but in the end all I did was stick the seed in water first for 48 hours and didn’t see a tail but saw that it looked like they wanted to open so I stuck them in the soaked coffee filter (out of paper towels) and it worked after another 48hours. I will definitely keep this updated and I will ask for help if i need to. I had a good run my first time so I’m hoping to keep that luck @Randy_Marsh here is a pic of the one that is already popping out

2 Likes

2 Likes

@bonger i haven’t had any issues with the 2 seeds I’ve tried. Like I said though I did have to be a little bit more patient than I felt like I was with the last grow. The peat moss is what is giving me the issues and I’m not sure if I even want to attempt to use that stuff again. I like the solo cup method. Seems to work for me better and the seeds seem to like it

4 Likes

I agree, it’s a totally different learning experience when you physically do it :heart_eyes::sunglasses:

4 Likes

@pptrsha1 @Davyg haha heck yeah I think I read and did research for almost a year before I attempted, to be fair I never had good enough genetics to try but I got lucky with that gelato bag seed and I couldn’t let it go to waste. I had an amazing time growing it, and my cat loves the stems that I kept after I trimmed all the buds so even she got something out of it!

5 Likes

So I just Germinated 4 ilgm ww and 2bag seeds. Just like ilgm site suggested,1/3 hydrogen peroxide and 2 parts water on top of the modem .Most popped in less than 24 hours. I of the bag seeds went 36. Then I put them in peat that I put in the big pot. Seems to be doing well.

starting day two in peat.

2 Likes

I tried hydrogen peroxide too but nothing. I had GG and GSC the same time pop. Usually just paper towel method works

1 Like

Not bad bother not impossible but not the easiest, good job keep it up

3 Likes

If you have any other seeds I would say practice first Get your pooping going ,sadly I waisted a lot of good seeds - due to the curve , but we keep trying now we here

3 Likes

How would I practice lol? I’ve started 100s. Some are just bad. But I usually don’t find 2 in a row

The 1st seed i tried the paper towel in a baggie method. 2nd try I soaked in the hydrogen peroxide water solution 72 plus hours… then put that seed directly in the Happy farm soil and kept moist. Im not sure what to try on the last 3

I saw a method using paper towels but not in a baggie, just on a saucer and you want to just let it start to dry out without letting it dry out… something about being exposed to oxygen :man_shrugging:

Definitely open to ideas

1 Like

I dropped 5 ilgm gg autos in a cup of water. Less than 24 hrs, all popped and are in soil. More beginners luck?

1 Like

And I guess I should start that journal too.

1 Like

Well definitely they are different methods and some might fit better to your style than others , mmm I would say keep it simple , I put them in a cup of water for 24 -48 until I notice they pop then i would place them in a cup , don’t need to bury them , half an inch should be enough , the medium should had already been presoaked , put a pinches of the same soil on top of the seed a few mist with sprayer and cover with clear cup put under light , try to use non fertilize soil until you get the hang of it , mist top soil to make sure it’s moist , make sure that your pot has good drainage to avoid overwater … good luck ler me know if it sprouts

2 Likes

Bought some fancy lil sprouting cups w/ lids. Numbered them as they popped. 1-5. Let’s go girls!

I am planting them in the same order regardless of sprouting. Trying to keep a clean journal of each one

2 Likes

I used a 50/50 of ffhf and ff salamander

2 Likes

And on that note… let me start my own instead of jacking this thread

2 Likes

Cool bro looks like you ready to go , those cup look awesome I want some , tag tag tag

3 Likes

@Randy_Marsh of course