2nd grow Bruce Banner ILGM

Today was a good day! Finally got a day off and got to spend time with my daughter and the girls have been looking like they enjoyed this flush might’ve definitely had a minor lockout or salt buildup in the soil nonetheless the ppm of the water going in today was 180 and the ph was 6.4-6.5 I got just about a full red solo cup each of runoff for each pot as this was another water only. The ph of the water out was 5.7-5.9 and the ppm of the runoff was about 1080 for both which is definitely better than the 2000 last watering which was only a couple of days ago on Monday.

4 Likes

The plant on the right is definitely a weird looking one, I haven’t done any trimming since the top and honestly I didn’t want to LST that one because of how weird it looks but I figured with the growth at the bottom and the fan leaves blocking the light from the top I would bend em to the side with LST. As you can see I did have to bandage one leaf because I was a little rough with it and I’m debating whether I should keep it and see if it fills out due to the break or if I should just cut it. I’m not too focused on this plant anymore as it’s going to produce sure but the other plant just the way it’s growing, I love it! So I will probably make sure I get the most out of the one on the left rather than the one on the right. I’m gonna have to come up with names like Lucy (left plant) and Rhonda (right plant) to make it more interesting :smirk: Who knows maybe Rhonda will be the better of the two. Right now I have my bets on Lucy

4 Likes

I went ahead and performed some LST on Lucy she has so many possible bud sites I had to make sure she spread her wings

4 Likes

She looks good can’t wait to see her pop back up

4 Likes

Figured now was a good time to take off the fan leaves that was shading a lot of the potential bud sites on both plants in total just 7 leaves defoliated. I didn’t go too crazy as I just wanted to free up the light that could’ve been hitting all the other spots

1 Like

4 Likes

Well this is teaching me all about how the seeds can be the same fem strain but with completely different phenotypes. They are growing completely different even though I am pretty much doing the same thing to both plants. They reacted to the topping way differently. Lucy( left) is beautiful and thick while Rhonda is tall and proud with a little girth at the bottom but mostly at the top.

3 Likes

Lucy measures 10 inches tall while Rhonda measures 16 inches tall, quite a difference.

2 Likes

I would say I’m starting to see the beginnings of the flowering would I be right? @Hellraiser

2 Likes

Possible or pre-flowering if you haven’t flipped to 12/12 yet.

2 Likes

Yessir that’s what I meant

1 Like

So I did a thing…lol

2 Likes

new tent/light/fan?

:joy:

1 Like

@MaD-VapoR no I’m going to move Lucy into my smaller tent where she can be a SCROG and I’m going do a little experiment and see which one I can get more/better buds from. As Rhonda is an ugly duckling I don’t much care to what she does or what not but Lucy she’s a beaut and can be a scrog in my smaller tent and since she is preflowering already kind figure why not go ahead and switch, even with the stretch I should be fine I believe since I can now get my light all the way up with the ratchets and and not only that I will preform some LST again after the flip just to keep her low and growing more outwards

1 Like

1 Like

Lucy was moved to her new home where she will be in flowering schedule 12/12 while Rhonda will continue her growth in 18/6 in the other tent, she sure looks lonely though

Lucy looks likes she’s gonna fill this tent up nicely. Did not put HLG on full power want to see how she reacts first, i gave both plants same feeding as it was 1/2 jacks formula with 1tablespoon of molasses and 5 mil of silica, ph was about 6.5-6.6 and TDS reading was about 600. I used RO water to keep my Ppms down, excited to see what happens. Didn’t get any runoff as I wasn’t worried about it this time. Watered with very little runoff if any.

2 Likes

I wish I could get a new light but as I’ve just had unexpected car issues I’ve had to shell out a few hundred for parts and labor probably even more coming soon lol so right now I’m stuck with what I have which is why I decided to work it this way

3 Likes

Lucy is looking really beautiful. I haven’t put the HLG on full power yet I need to get a fan for the inside of this tent to bring down humidity as it stays in the 50s or 60s

3 Likes

Thinking about defoliating a few leaves near the bud sites or preforming some LST to bring her down some more and expose the many bud sites some more. Does anyone know when you want to stop training a plant or can you do it even through flowering? @Hellraiser @MaD-VapoR @dbrn32 @Davyg

1 Like

Oops nvm I had something bookmarked on LST and it says you can still continue during flowering, which is perfect because I wanted to fill the tent out just a lil more

3 Likes