2nd grow, 1st Auto super skunk ILGM seeds

A bunch lol. Old scales were packed away. Was my 1st grow back after over 20 years away from it.

2 Likes

how long did you veg it ?

1 Like

Thinking back. I think a lil’ over 3 months. Was transplanted from 5 gallon bucket to a storage tote.

3 Likes

Bet it was epic!

Oh yeah, you betcha. Wasn’t keeping a detailed journal on that grow other than in my head. Was my iintroduction​ to the wife on growing and what can be accomplished. She heard me tell of my grows, but she never really saw it.

1 Like

No auto pots. it’s a full RDWC system. And I think the largest volume one here. Not that it matters. Well not until I get it working perfect and can make the most out of it. But it’s definitely a bigger challenge and yet sometimes easier as I can leave for a week and not even worry about it.

1 Like

It does seem to impress the ladies this growing business, lol…

2 Likes

That would be convenient, and it’s really supposed to be able to grow bigger plants, I remember you saying that you put some real time determining your set up, as I will also, I do have a habit of cross referencing any methods I’ve never done before, I’d be curious of why you went with DWC versus autopots, which I’ve never done either so I’m not bias at all just looking for real growers opinions, to much of you tube is sponcered by equipment suppliers to be completely trusted.

3 Likes

I just didn’t want a second media. Rdwc is just water. The auto pots require coco or soil plus the setup. And price wise I was able to build my setup for probably a lot less than the auto pot system.

2 Likes

Good points, I understand saving that money, I’m guessing the autopots would just give you a small buffer ?
Seems like there’s a lot of chking dwc conditions alot and temp, water changes, uggh I’m going to have to go watch some vids!
If you have any links to some good sites I’d really appreciate it.

Well DWC and RDWC are different to an extent. With RDWC you have a larger volume of water and it’s more stable. Mine is big enough I haven’t changed the water at all in 6 weeks. I have only adjusted PH once in 5 weeks. It’s much less work than smaller systems.

Look up Hygrohybrid on YouTube. He’s long winded but has had some great setups

3 Likes

Thanks @DoobieNoobie, I’ll definitely be looking that up tonight, I’m ready to start preparing for this next grow.

1 Like

5+ is felony here too, then again so is possession over 30 grams. I was looking at it from standpoint of having 2 plants in a tent, one could be in soil and the other in anything else growing concurrently right? In fact if you were going to change anything that’s what I would suggest based on your needs. Phase in on a small scale.

4 tents 4 lights makes sense to me. In which case I wood still prefer to size each light to each tent. Saying you need a light for one plant is too subjective. I flowered 12 plants in a 2x2 one time, there was about 180 watts of solid leds in it. Another member ran a 5’x2.5’ plant in a scrog that had 3 different lights on it, you don’t really need that either. I just know if you have a 3x3 tent and light it properly it doesn’t really matter if you have 1 plant fill it, or decide to grow 4 plants in it, the light requirements of canopy that size will be satisfied.

4 Likes

DWC or bubble buckets as some call it is more work. But if you’re just wanting to dabble in it it’s the cheapest way to try hydro. And if you have the time to check up on it you can grow killer plants in it.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m lucky to be home every day minus regular 50 hr work week.
Well I’ll look this stuff up, I’d rather do the Rdwc if it could be plummed to 4 separate tents, or two 4x8 tents with two plants in each, but I can look into bubblers also for individual plants.
Thanks for the direction to look.
Also right now I’d take on the spiders, Bic lighter and some can of flammable areosole ! Lol
Staff infection is scary shit little bastards!

3 Likes

I see your point on how many plants are in one area doesn’t matter, as the light coverage is the same either way if I’m understanding correctly.
So I want a QB light to cover a 4x4 area.preferr a single unit.
What would you recommend to use to peak out that area?

2 Likes

I agree with Doobie. I’ve been a follower of Hygrohybrid. He definitely knows his shit and grows ridiculous plants in his setup.6 plants 9 pounds. The numbers speak for themselves. When I mentioned in other posts about building a 4 - 6 run RDWC system. His layout is what I am basing it on. That’s why I plan to get away from soil. Other than regularly​ checking your pH and nutrients, it’s s basically a set it and forget it system. Plus the added benefit that RDWC provides. Shorter growing time and bigger plants.

2 Likes

Alright, sounds like I need to check him out , I’ll just find my over there , I know Doobienoobie likes the Rdwc says it’s a better set up thanks @Oldschoolgrower.
I’m watching vids on this stuff trying to learn the lingo and different concepts there seems to be.
I’m wondering if I’m pushing my exp level to far. Lol but I can learn it would im sure .

2 Likes

Never worry about pushing your experience to far. That’s how we learn new things by challenging ourselves. Taking that 1st step as a child was challenging, but you did it and moved onwards.

2 Likes

One important thing to remember when choosing to go the RDWC route is choosing bigger PVC. Reason is smaller hoses and PVC can get clogged and blocked by the roots restricting water flow.

1 Like