2nd grow, 1st Auto super skunk ILGM seeds

Oh I think I watched that one too. Hold on

1 Like

I’ll hang out. You know I burn the midnight oil. Wish I had some hash oil though…

2 Likes

I can’t really tell what he’s doing. It sounds like he’s running the water to much to call it NFT but at the same time its not DWC or Flood to res either. I thought about and still have plans in the future for a NFT addition to my grow room. But he kind of is running something in between those styles. It obviously works. But since I can’t tell for sure there’s not much I can comment about it. I can tell you that getting a good flood table that will hold up for long term means not buying cheap ones.

Or it could be a flood to reservoir system and he’s just not explaining it well.

The water pumps continuously same as a recirculating system. 2 long flat airstones either side of table. Oh I agree would not advice a cheap table for this setup.

Yeah that isn’t quite the same as anything I’ve really seen. Most systems don’t run full time. Mostly because water temp is something that needs to be watched and pumps create heat. I try not to watch guys that have multiple sponsors because you never really know all the details and they tend to just push the items their given non stop. But he is doing great with it. I think you could do the same with a simpler system though. Same setup just only running it on a flood drain schedule to keep from running water non stop. Let me find a example for you.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I would definitely run a chiller with it and perhaps an inline pump. I can see some improvements for it. But to run 25 plants effectively in a 5x5 space would give some nice harvest. I would run Indica dominant strains with similar traits and run a strain in each row.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the biggest hurdle I’m up against. For now I’m going to be running all 4 the same. Or I’ll split my system in half and add a second reservoir. It’s not gone well with different strains. Part of that maybe the fact the two were way more sensitive to environment then the others. But heres a view to really see the difference.

They’re all the same age and all been fed the same obviously. And being autos there’s no way to slow the big ones down.

4 Likes

I’m familiar with the ebb and flow systems. But I’d be more comfortable with my roots submerged.

1 Like

Me too lol. That’s how I ended up with my setup. To me it just the thought of the roots drying out just a bit too much and bam they’re dead.

Yeah and whole grow shot to hell. I’m wanting to do a system like yours or hygro’s. I want to be able to run at least 4 - 6 totes with a chiller. Plus with totes sitting on floor can deal with any height problems.

1 Like

Yeah there’s a bunch of ways to do it. They all work it’s just a matter of choosing the one that fits your space and your budget. My setup is pretty damn cheap. I think around $200 for all of it. I can check prices but it’s close to that.

2 Likes

Yeah once you have decent water and air pumps doesn’t cost much to add on additional totes.

1 Like

Yep. Although to be safe have a spare air pump and water pump and air stones for each. The good news with both water and air pumps in the system is if one fails your plants will live long enough to fix it. But not long enough to wait on shipping.

Couldn’t agree more with you about that. Same as people runnin’ hps/mh lights. They better have extra bulbs.

Yep the best plans always include a plan b lol.

1 Like

And the P’s come out.

" Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance "

3 Likes

Haha I’ve never heard that but it’s perfect. I’m unlucky so I always have a plan and about a dozen backup plans lol.

My younger brother fights with me on all my projects from building bait tanks out of 55 gallon plastic drums cut down to about 43 gallon with a bilge pump inside recirculating and oxygenating the water. Also Y fittings to fill and drain it. Have to find my old pics and show it to you. Because I really think things out and he calls me a perfectionist. But always gives me props when things are done.

2 Likes

Morning @OldSchoolGrower and @DoobieNoobie, wow you guys are night owls, I have to get up @ 5:30 a m , just can’t hang anymore, :disappointed_relieved:
But any way good conversation on the hydroponics, so many questions to ask and hopefully vidoes will answer most of them , I hate asking questions I haven’t researched, just seems lazy to me and I want answers form a varied group till I see a consistent reply/result.
I feel so far the pure hydrophonic grow is easier and less time consuming on my part, the ebb and flow seem to be more labor intensive but that’s all I know right now, so while you to are getting some shut eye I’m going to go watch some videos and try and learn something ttyl🤯

2 Likes