2nd ever grow, grizzly purp and white widow outdoor off grid

And the rain has come.
Leaving them in cuz well it is just rain and I have 10% RH and 30mph winds at night.
Dont try this at home kids…it can go bad fast.

1 Like

Universe heard me say “just rain” and said “challenge accepted!”

Watchin these girls like a hawk.
Thunderstorms, 45mph winds and fat balls of rain today.

Admitting to being a bit worried.

1 Like

Good luck, hope everything work’s out.

1 Like

Ooh, yikes! Good luck to you and the girls!

1 Like

So my wife says all my pistles are brown, all plants.
Grizzly purp is a darker brown than others.

Me being red green colorblind I am not sure what I was waiting to see.

Going to grab one branch from each strain.

Tiny bits of dark brown are on random spots on different plants.
Normally I would say oh wow the rain screwed me, however, the brown are all on exterior tips of flower. The part that experiences the least moisture and dries first…odd.

Pinched the brown off where seen.
Harvesting tonight I guess. Ah well!
At least mother nature helped with a nice nute flush.

Grizzly purp plant, all of it.

Some scum from one. This is why I h202 wash. Nasty nasty brown. So many live caterpillars.

4 Likes

After reading a bit on bud rot my fears are a bit alieviated. Lessened I suppose.
H202 hydrogen peroxide kills the spores of the rot. People that burn the rot plant and dispose of it do so to limit spread of spores. As I just experienced its beginning near harvest, I will be harvesting to nip the problem…in the bud.

Although I am annoyed I am harvesting before octobers end, I will not lose my yield to this rot. It is my medicine, and I need it. Hoping strength will not be devastatingly low.

Can always take another advil, but if you have none to take…well, youre screwed.

1 Like

A closeup of a bud from grizzly purp.

3 Likes

Running the dehumidifier in the nursery where bud is hanging to bring the RH down. Sitting at 73 RH in the mold zone is unacceptable.
Dehumidifier running 1 hr has dropped it to 68. A few more points and mold will not be an issue for environment anyway.

2 plants hanging. Will grab the rest as I can.

3 Likes

That bud looks pretty sweet, and it looks like you have quite a few of them. I hope you have some good meds! Good luck with the rest of the harvest!

1 Like

Safe zone achieved.

1 Like

Rain starting up again after a semi cloudy day. Guess I am sorta forced to harvest these…cannot risk anymore rot or mildew or anything.

Am now short a hanging rack, and space.

Remaining three plants harvested, washed, hung to dry.

One widow laid out. Not bad.

2 Likes

Sorry you had to harvest early. That looks like quite a haul though!

1 Like

Congratulations on your harvest. Sorry about the bud rot, but it’s not your fault. Nothing you can do about the weather.

1 Like

Thanks @raustin and @WonkaMan !
I am pleased with yield, as it was much better than last year.

1 Like

Oh horray my usb microscope arrived today so I can check if my plants are ready to be harvested…oh wait…

2 Likes

Dried trimmed and canned for curing. RH is balanced in jars right at 58

Grizzly purp x1 yield 6 ounces
White widow x4 yields 13 ounces

Trim: 3 gallon ziplocks packed full and frozen for use later
Dry smoke: half an ounce to smoke now mixed ww and grizz purp

I got about the same as last year. However last years weights were rough and I fat fingered the scale with all leaves and branches on. This year the numbers is of nice manicured smokables.

After doing my maths at 2 grams a day habit or dosage this will last me approximately 40 weeks. Dispensary pricing puts me at saving almost $6,000. And yes, I spend that. This is why I am growing my own. It is my actual medicine. I compare this number to $2000 on opioids and a hard lean towards kidney failure.

Although I got started over a month late I still came out with an acceptable yield. Next year I will grow enough to last me over 12 months.

Thank you everyone who watched this journal, provided insight and likes and comments. Things like that really help us newbies see it through.

@raustin , @WonkaMan

Highlighting isssues:
1.5 months late to sprout (ilgm lag / customs issue)
Caterpillar infestation (never ended)
False flower triggered by shade
Continually clogged drippers / watering system
Bud rot began, harvested 3 weeks early.

3 Likes

Congratulations on a great harvest, despite the problems. Your next grow will be even better.

1 Like