2nd chance or start from scratch?

good morning to all of the experts. not sure if this will be in the right place but need some guidance.

i germinated four seeds, planted in good soil, they came up. now story goes astray. in hind sight i underlighted, overwatered, transplanted too early. if you could make a wrong choice on a first grow i did it. plants were almost dead, so i took them out from under the light and just put them in a window rather than just pitch them. 10 hours of so so light a day from outside, you get the picture. i backed off on the watering and basically left them alone. not to say i have completely ignored them, but no special lighting or environment.

lo and behold they are recovering it seems. 8 weeks in and they’re perfectly formed, tiny little pot plants about four inches tall. they seem to be trying to get my attention even after the unplanned abuse. even with the sub optimal conditions these babies are growing.

my main question is this. with the new knowledge i have from this site (water less, heat up more, etc. etc.), a new grow tent, a new outlook on the process, is there any chance putting these plants back in the regime will produce any decent result or should i just start over with new seeds from scratch?

i have more seeds and can start again, but if these plants can still produce albeit in a longer time frame than expected can i just put them in the tent and tend them from here?

thanks in advance and best regards to all.

1 Like

Pictures would help, but if they look reasonably healthy and you feel like you are now properly prepared then give it a shot. :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @jdouglas36542
Your story sounds familiar as I tried hard to kill my first grow unintentionally of course. If you have some pictures don’t hesitate to share them. We love pictures and they help these knowledgeable folks here to help you. Happy Growing! :v:

3 Likes

I find myself out of likes already this morning so here are some :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Auto? If photo and recovering you are golden. If auto will just be less harvest. I NEVER give up on a plant till it does very good opportunity to learn. Harvest isnt my thing then…saving the girl for reference is.

3 Likes

Welcome. We learn from others but mostly from our own mistakes… me included

4 Likes

Welcome to the community ! Don’t give up on your plants if they look good put them under the light they’ll grow. Each grow will get better . Good luck my friend . :v::+1:

2 Likes

thanks for all the encouragement. i tried to upload pictures of these plants. you can see that i started germination on 08.06 and transplanted them to the gallon containers on 08.19. by then they had started down a spiral, but now they seem to be coming back. i’ll continue to monitor this thread for further thoughts, but think i’ll give them another shot under the lamp based on previous comments. i appreciate all the knowledge. best regards to all.

1 Like

Absolutely :100: grow those out.

2 Likes

Yup , I 2nd that :point_up:

1 Like

You have made it over the first hurdle. They look fine. Maybe add a little soil to the tall one for some support. Put a light breeze on them to strengthen them, get your light set right (height & intensity) and all systems are go.

3 Likes

You never mentioned what light you have
Got any pics of the light or a model

3 Likes

i have two mars hydro ts 1000’s and my intention is to put them about 20" from the lights with the lights on highest intensity. in a 3 x 3 grow tent. neglected to mention in original post that i didn’t have them in a grow tent originally, i bought it as a response to my “near death” experience. i asked lighting questions in another thread and that seems to be the consensus for my model of light. still will welcome all thoughts. thanks in advance.

That sounds good, I just wanted to make sure you didn’t have the 40000 watt Amazon 30 dollar light that has independent lights on wands

3 Likes

Faith brother
Let go let god
At least that’s what they tell you in 12-steps

No but weed like all weeds seem to be pretty resilient the grow is far from over good luck!

1 Like

@Starless Curious, are you in the program?

I have one of those with 3 lights my house plants love it.

@jdouglas36542 the question is still hanging and it matters a lot. Looking at the pics, I think I know the answer but are they auto or photo?

Looks like your gonna have to re-veg them two of the 3 appear to be flowering. Expect to have some weird leaves for a bit after. Once re-veg happens you will be able to salvage em.
Below is a clone in flower and this is what you’ll be looking at if you don’t up the light schedule. My flower clone was on purpose because I’m closing my tent down for a month to vacation.

1 Like

I’m betting photo, auto would be done by now.
We thinking the same?

2 Likes