28 hour photoperiod

Well i still have a square meter of bay 11, and 2/3 of a meter of pineapple haze. Like i said, im fighting laziness.

You deserve a break! Donā€™t be hard on yourself for occasional laziness haha got your hay in anyway now just counting your bushels :rofl:

Spent a few summers in the prairies and picked up some farmer lingo. :farmer: Thatā€™s about all of it though

Problem is that they may be over-dried bushels. Got a lot of good kief from the trim leaves though. Perfect tan color.

1 Like

Im starting to get a big picture here. I did half of the pineapple this morning, and im estimating that i will have just under 3 pounds of top cola bud, and over a pound of 2nd tier bud. That would be over 2.5 grams per watt on a 2 year old HPS bulb. My guess is that a good LED under the same conditions could produce close to 4 grams per watt. And if better techniques (living soil, bloom boosters, etc) were utilized, maybe as high as 5 grams per watt. I wont know for sure for a few days, but i think it is pretty conclusive that the 28 hour day does increase yield by a significant amount. Probably close to double.

3 Likes

Damn laziness! And Christmas decorations. Just cant get my bay 11 trimmed up. Ive done 2 jars of it in 3 days.

the mountain is tall and the valley is deep, nice job. lotta work to do without smoking it.

Probably explains the lack of motivation. Hey look at that. A case where NOT smoking weed makes you lazy.

What was your final weight?

I got 2 1/4 pounds of top buds. Still weighing the second tier buds, but i pushed my scale too hard. I thought it had a 200 gram limit, but it was only 100. Now it wont tare correctly. Its about a pound though. I cant be off by too much. So im just going to say 3 1/4 pounds. Im getting it tested so i could release all the info at once with comparisonā€™s to the breederā€™s stats. But its over 2 grams per watt.

2 Likes

Even though it isnt really done curing, 4 jars are already gone. Its been hard to keep track of the weight. People love the Bay-11. It isnt the best smelling of the 3, but it must have a really nice high.

2 Likes

I forgot that i did put the trim leaves over a screen and got 12 grams of kief from it too. I dont know if that is a lot, but its pretty cool to me. Im wanting to do a bubble bucket on the second tier buds and see how much more kief i can get. It would be pretty cool to have an ounce of kief. I sure wish Biden would take it off schedule 1, so i could just taste test it just once. I used to love getting baked and watch a good movie.

4 Likes

Huge haul man! I can imagine the space over three pounds would take, to dry and cure and store. What an effort

1 Like

Food grade buckets with gamma lids. Lab crushed it, and could probably use some :rofl:

Itā€™s the trimming that kills you

1 Like

Grove bags makes trash can liners :rofl:

4 Likes

That just made me laugh out loud :joy:

1 Like

YES! The trimming SUCKED! I had nobody helping me. The first jar i filled had already cured for 2 weeks when i was finishing with the last jars. Think Iā€™ll do one plant if i get to do it again. 4 ounces would be just fine.

1 Like

Sooo, youve grown some Bay 11ā€™s eh??? I have some Bay 11 seeds I got from growers choiceā€¦ So, howā€™d they turn out??? You are the only person Iā€™ve seen mention this strain to dateā€¦ I have yet to put mine in the dirtā€¦ I kind of went crazy buying seeds for a while and now have enough to last for YEARS!!! How was the yield??? The quality of the smoke??? Do you have any pics??? Ooooh do tell, do tell!!!

Actually, I think you can get away without doing 12 hours of darkā€¦ I had a couple of big buds going in the same tentā€¦ I had read about gradually moving your plant to a 12/12 schedule. So I thought Iā€™d try to simulate a more progressive time changeā€¦ Starting with going to 14/10 from 16/8ā€¦ Within a week, one went to flower, the other did notā€¦ I then went to 13/11 and both were in flowerā€¦ I speculate the 2nd plant would have done it even if I hadnā€™t shortened the time that extra hourā€¦ I did put them on 12/12 the following week and towards the end of flower brought them down to 10/14 in hopes it would convince them to hurry upā€¦ This was one of my 1st growsā€¦ Not much scientific about my little experiment, but I can say definitively that even a small reduction in daylight can result in the plant going into flower

1 Like

The Bay 11 is a decent yielder. The problem is that it doesnt grow fat colas, but they are longer colas. That means more trimming. I dont know how much of the thread you read through, but i dont smoke it. I just love growing it. I had 3 strains going. Of the 3, the Bay-11 seems by far the favorite. It smells the least appealling to me, but the high must be pretty nice. It was a cannabis cup winner back in the day. I think you will not be disappointed.

Your top colas will average about this size, unless you want to see stem. Not the biggest, but there are a lot of them.

1 Like