28 hour photoperiod

Yeah; solid exotic wood humidors. Bubinga, Padauk, Goncalo Alves, Imbuia, Chechen, Cardinalwood, Canarywood etc. Sold 'em all over the world.

Here’s a jewelry box I made for my wife out of some leftovers…

6 Likes

Absolutely beautiful man!

1 Like

You must have some workshop. How do you find the time? Were your humidors all dovetailed?

1 Like

I did this in the '90’s and early 2,000’s. I still have some of the equipment but haven’t done a project yet since we moved to Colorado. The last thing I did was this Craftsman style coffee table for my wife:

I also did this for a friend:

14 Likes

I made this headboard. Never could get around to the rest of the bed.

8 Likes

Back to the case at hand though. So many of my top leaves are dying out. I have not flushed yet because it just doesn’t seem far enough. This didnt happen last time i think because i used GH A,B, and Bloom. There was no combination of these chemicals that didnt contain a fair amount of nitrogen. Im using more specialized mix this time, and have cut way way back on the nitrogen. They are starting week 9, so no significant nitrogen for at least 3 weeks. Can i see these leaves dying as basic fading?

1 Like

How about a picture? Many cultivars behave differently towards light during flower so sure; it’s possible.

Yeah im about to feed. Ill snap a few after that.

Its hard to get a good picture of it under such yellow lights.

1 Like

Away from the light it looks like this.

1 Like

I also found some amber trichs on some sugar leaves. These things have not really started swelling yet. If im seeing some amber on sugar leaves, how much time might i have?

1 Like

Ignore the sugar leaves which mature way faster than flower.

I don’t see anything that you should be too concerned with. Remind me again of your nutrient schedule? Are you running cal mag? And how many weeks in flower are you?

1 Like

Im eight weeks in flower. I run cal mag plus, and potassium sulfide. Im running about 1000 ppm. I feed, water, feed, water. 3 days in between. Running 6.5 ph.

1 Like

I prefer about 20% amber. I know sugar leaves are not an indicator of bud readiness, but it doesn’t seem time yet to leach the soil.

1 Like

Flower does seem small for +8 weeks. I would have said 4 or 5.

Well 8 since flip.

1 Like

The plants wake up today at noon. The swelling does look like it has begun. Im believing more and more that it is the number of “days” that dictate the flower time. So the 16/12 will prolong a 63 day strain to take 74 actual days. Will it increase my yield? If so, now we are talking about adding maybe 30 bucks to the electric bill. Under 12/12 these ladies would have received a total of 756 hours of light during those 9 weeks. 1008 hours of light over those 10 and a half weeks. To be equivalent to the last grow, i need 6 oz of grape ape, 7 oz of pineapple haze, and 8 1/2 oz bay 11. If this experiment worked, i should have 8 oz of grape ape, 9 1/3 oz of pineapple haze, and just under 11 1/2 oz of bay 11. So i maybe 100 grams light of 2 pounds. Which would be 1.3 g/watt. I would say it could be considered a definite success to be at those numbers since everyone tries to achieve 1g/watt. Would you disagree, or would you have a different goal?

My experience has been that if you support the plant through the entire lifecycle, keep a green canopy 'til harvest and provide enough light, you will get your best yields.

I’ve never gotten to 1.3 g/watt but hit 1.25 doing that with an RDWC run. IIRC I had three plants produce a hair over 2 pounds in a 5 1/2 month photo grow with GH nutes.

I have also seen better yields with media rather than soil and my preferred medium is Pro Mix HP. Currently running Jack’s and won’t go back to any other nutrient line.

Here’s a fascinating video well worth watching:

4 Likes

Ive seen quite a few of his videos. Ive used a lot of his information.

Back to my parameters. Being that 1 gram per watt is the generally accepted goal that most are trying to acheive (which is harder with HPS due to less efficiency), then on a linear scale if i give 33% more light hours, then 1.3 grams per watt should conclude that 16/12 works exactly as expected. So ive concluded that 2 pounds is my goal to prove my theory.

Keep in mind though, I am, AT BEST, an intermediate grower. Im using walmart brand soil, a three year old HPS bulb, a hodge podge of nutes, and tap water. If i can get to that goal, then anyone could.