28 hour photoperiod

I’m going to have to run through this article tomorrow but the excerpts you quoted are very interesting.

1 Like

I just read through the article as well. Some of it was hard to keep up with, but if i understand it correctly, there is an acclimation process that MJ is capable of that pushes it beyond where the accepted DLI maximum was always understood to be. And the fascinating part was that they were not really supplementing with excess CO2. I was almost flabbergasted by that. One thing im sure of though, HPS is absolutely inferior in this type of growing. I think there is just too much infrared that gets emitted that just cooks the closest leaves. Makers of HPS fixtures need to put a coating on the inside of their glass to block some of that. Well, i will keep posting updates when possible. This week should start the swell.

2 Likes

In light of that article, it poses another question. Under these circumstances, would you think that a rise in TDS would be warranted? If the plants are able to utilize more light, would that maybe require more nutes? Im not doing it myself, but i am currently at around 1100. Theoretically, would you guess more might be required? I dont know. More pioneers needed. I wish i could run 2 tents, but it was hard enough to get the boss to agree to one.

1 Like

I mean you seem like an experienced grower. Run a couple of 2x4’s. Run it twice. Once with 12/12 nutes and time. And try one unorthodox, with extra nutes and cranked up 16/12. If it works you can put your name on it, and become the next Kyle Cushman. You could have commercial growers beating down your door. Unless its all a bust. Then shhhhhhh!

3 Likes

Yes i believe so. I was in a hurry once when i fed and forgot to ph it. I believe it was low and ive been paying for it a bit. I think it locked out my magnesium. I believe the ph is under control, but i cant get that leaf material back. Im in that weird phase now where i have to just get them through the next few weeks. Im running up against a deadline though. Im going on vacation in November, and these have to be dried by then. I may end up having to go 14/14 to hurry these along. I didnt want to do that, but 4 weeks left is really pushing it. I cant go away to come back to a botrytis infection.

2 Likes

I forgot to say that the deficiencies i experienced were worse directly under the light.

Im trying to get an estimate here. How many grams would a semi-dense dried bud measuring 6 inches weigh?

No way to know. Bud density can vary so greatly.

Ballpark? Rough guestimate?

Is 7 grams out of the question?

Not it’s not

Thi have about 200 colas here. Trying to determine a best and worst case scenario.

This Durban Poison I did looked like this at harvest:

And ended up like this:

So; almost 1 1/2 oz for that top.

13 Likes

Good grief!

Im not going to figure that into my best case scenario. Thats insane. Good job!

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 what a beautiful table top to show that bud off on

2 Likes

Didnt even notice. Is that a burled maple?

I built that table in 1998 out of some gorgeous bird’s-eye maple our local lumber yard got in. I cherry-picked out 150 board/feet of it: rough sawn 5/4 which cleaned up nicely. Conversion varnish top that was block sanded and buffed but is due to be re-polished. It was much less pretty when I made it as maple has light and dark streaks but over time the whole thing took on a honey color that you just can’t duplicate.

Thank you for the compliment!

8 Likes

Maple is my favorite wood to work with. Mahogany is a very close second. Do I remember correctly that you made humidors for a time as well?

Sorry to fun up your thread @Labweed :metal:

2 Likes

Looks like its covered in glass. Must have taken a while to sand the wood grain out of the varnish for that glass finish. Bet you say “USE A COASTER” a lot.

1 Like