2700k or 5500k for flower?

Ok time for flower 101 class lol, I’m working my lights down to 12/12 over a week for flowering period, my 4 ( 2 chocolope, 2 white rhinos) plants are 12 weeks from germination, I have 2 600w phlizon led grow lights from amazon, and 2 5600k cfls in a 4x4 grow area ( I will expand as the plants grow) with Mylar up 4 ft from floor on all 4 sides open on top, at 12/12 should I replace the 2 5600k cfls with 4 2700ks? Or should I just add 2 more 5600k cfls?

The 2700k is better for flower

3 Likes

Ok thx, I know I’m probably on the min for lighting so I want sure if I should pull any light out of the box.

1 Like

2700k and 3000k are the best for flower.

Pepe

6 Likes

And that red or purple tinted plant is beautiful

1 Like

That’s a blueberry and I’m very proud of that one. That’s what good lights will do.

Pepe

5 Likes

How big are the cfl’s? The others have given you good information to move forward. But if they’re not that big it probably wouldn’t make too much of a difference.

2 Likes

The 2700ks are about 4” 13w equiv to 60w I would use 4 of those in a work light with 10”reflective hood; the 5500 cfls are 85watt and Huge bulbs, prob use 4 of these also if I go this route.

1 Like

I read sum where not to move the plants around the grow area, so I guess I’ll be making sum lil stands so I can just pull the drain pans out, what is the jest on that? If I may ask. I do have to pull the plants for bending and trimming for one more week. Then I’ll leave them alone at 12/12. Thx in advance

1 Like

don’t waste your money on any more CFL’s and cheap led’s.!

make do with what u have for now and save up for good to great lighting.!!

the lights u have r good for veg, but they lack intensity for flower.

Cool lights, what driver are they using?

1 Like

The driver is HLG-320H-C2100B. 76-152v at 2.1A
The lights are ChilLogic pucks from Rapid Led. Thanks to our light guru and Tdub.

Pepe

1 Like

Ok thanks, so I have 3 plants at about 18” and one that’s about 24”, if my budget is $250.00, what’s a good led to go with my two 600 w leds?. I prefer leds and I don’t have to deal with the heat. Grow area is 4x4 and is expandable and 12/12 soon. Thx in advance, you folks have been so much help.

1 Like

You can move plants around in each area all you want, but you must maintain at least 12 hours off in flower. I move my plants around constantly in both flower and veg rooms. I spent about an hour yesterday doing that.

Pepe

So you basically need at least 550 watts to have sorta decent plants. I was using 3 of the 600W leds from Amazon that put out 250 actual watts each not counting the fans inside of them and they just didn’t get it done. My plants always had airy buds on the lower nodes. I started out with a rig I made from 7 Sunblaster T5s with 3000k bulbs and 4 of the actual 125 watt 2700k CFLs. It was 950 actual watts. It grew pretty good weed for my first grow, but the heat it generated was ridiculous. With a $250 budget @dbrn32 may be able to get you into something in the quantum board arena that will help grow better.

Pepe

1 Like

I’m not aware of anything I would consider for that space on $250 budget. DIY for 4x4 usually starts around $600.

Could maybe get into air cooled 600

2 Likes