260w qb v2 rspec led kit

Thanks for clearing that up MrPeat. I was skeptical about going led to say the least, but these things are MONSTERS! I couldn’t be happier with the company and product!

2 Likes

You are welcome. Glad I could help. :+1:

1 Like

@Cannacure that model driver has a internal pot on the bottom of that driver. it has a little rubber plug pull it out there is an internal pot under the plug. I would make sure the internal pot is turn to 100% and use the external pot to make adjustments.

2 Likes

I think your plant looks good ! I see nothing to worry about.

I would recommend a kill-a-watt meter. With it you can tell exactly what your wattage is set at. Just a slight turn on those onboard pots can raise the wattage quite significantly. Link is just so you can see what it is. You can pick one up at places like Home Depot in the lighting section.

https://www.amazon.com/P3-P4400-Electricity-Usage-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU

And also, turning the pot all the way up is pushing the driver out of its efficiency point.

1 Like

@kellydans I’ll be damned. I went and looked at my fourth one that is still unassembled. Who knew.

1 Like

@BobbyDigital does the internal pot or the external pot when maxed out drive the light beyond efficiency? I use a meter to measure my lights instead of wattage. Now I need a kill a watt plug. :rofl: I didn’t even know it had an internal pot on the bottom until just now, so I obviously haven’t adjusted it.

1 Like

I believe they will both act the same. If I had both, I’d adjust the onboard pot to full current and use the external pot to do the adjustments. My 135w kits will go to like 160w with the pot maxed out. But their efficiency points are around 135w.

2 Likes

My plants are young, so I just cranked it up and kept raising it until it hit about 300 PPFD. I tried lowering the light and dimming it, but the footprint was not great in the veg tent at that closer distance.

1 Like

You having a hard time hitting the phillps head under rubber plug I have to use 2 different phillip screwdrivers they seem to be offset in the driver, pia!

2 Likes

Mine was simple. Just remove the black grommet and bam. My screw is really small.

@Chasfitter

2 Likes

Can’t remember if small screwdriver came with HLG, did yours?

1 Like

Mine came with a screwdriver.

1 Like

That’s what i thought I’m having a brain cramp trying to find it, what color is yours?

Mine didn’t have one added and I bought two of their lights. :pensive:

1 Like

@Chasfitter it has a clear handle.

2 Likes

Guess I need to find a smaller screwdriver

Ok thanks

I have had this philips and a flat head on the same tool. Makes it nice. I use the flat head to clean out the bowl of Mom’s bong.:joy:

1 Like

Do you adjust your 260 very much?