260W QB V1 vs. V2

What is the big difference here?
https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/kits/products/260w-qb-v2-led-kit
https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/kits/products/260w-qb-led-kit
For $50 less the V1 looks like a good purchase for my needs?

Any input is appreciated

1 Like

I believe the difference is rspec but I was wrong. I looked it up and it’s different voltage

1 Like

The r spec comes after the v2. It adds some red to the spectrum.

The difference between the v1 and v2 is efficacy. The v1 doesn’t put out as much light, at the same intensity, for the same amount of power consumed by the v2.

So, the v2 is $50 more, and uses slightly less power for the same light as the v1.

If you want the latest and greatest, go r spec. If you’re looking for a great light for as little upfront cost as possible, go for the v1.

6 Likes

Curious what is the deal with the red???

1 Like

@Drinkslinger @Carol4486 @Audiofreak have you guys seen these. Just like the photo boost 200 real watts and way cheaper
https://www.amazon.com/ONEO-Spectrum-Flowering-Thermometer-Hygrometer/dp/B07KW3H82Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=oneo&qid=1568490155&sr=8-1

The specs say it is 200W and I wonder about that.

No real data as to efficacy.

$90 for 200w is pretty cheap for any led.

But, I’m not convinced.

Go ahead and try them and give us a report :sunglasses::blush::sunglasses:

I’m not a led guy. I like my cmh. I would like to see someone get one and try it. I’m about to come into some money so I may give it whirl myself

@HornHead it does sound intriguing but so did my blurples

1 Like

You are absolutely right. But when cheap Chinese lights catch up to American standards, it’s gonna be cheap

1 Like

Not far away. For them to catch up but I totally agree 90 for 200w sounds interesting

1 Like

You can get 2x 288 QB v1 $90 with a hlg-240h-c2100 $57

You ain’t kiddin. That’s about. 50cents a watt. You can’t beat that with a stick. Did you go to link and check it out?

1 Like

Whome is “Oneo” ??? Sounds like a knockoff and much too cheep. Reminds me of the old adage. .If it sounds too good to be true…it is!!!

1 Like

The light spectrum is similar but efficacy is going to be way lower. You can tell by chart they provide. Ppfd measurement at 18" on 200 watt light significantly lower than on something like qb 135 kit at 18". So even with the extra power still can’t provide light intensity levels of higher performance leds.

8 Likes

So everyone knows I bought some enfun off brand boards for like 150 each supposed to be like the 260 V2 with far red and uv but uv never worked lights work good but get way hotter than any of my hlg lights so heat plays a big factor on the cheaper lights. The heat sinks are super chinsy usually besides the fact with name brand like hlg they hand select the chips that are on boards where as china made light use a machine that installs all so top shelf quality diodes xs just any ole diode is another plus on hlg

2 Likes

Efficiency is what you need to look at. Cheap diodes, cheap drivers, cheap heat shink all contribute to a light that has little light penetration and produces more heat. Samsung is not the only diode that is excellent but they are very very expensive compared to Phillips diodes which are just as good. Matching the driver with good quality diodes and a great heat shink design makes a great efficient light which will produce the strong light that the girls love and need. Check out MiGro on YouTube if you can. He’s very knowledgeable and reviews just about every light out there.

Off topic: I have a Grower Choice 680 in a 4x4 running at 85%, do you think it would overdoing turning it at 100%/just be a waste of electricity?

1 Like

You would probably get a little more weed running at 100% if you can keep up with environmental conditions.

2 Likes