260W QB V1 vs. V2

What is the big difference here?

For $50 less the V1 looks like a good purchase for my needs?

Any input is appreciated

1 Like

I believe the difference is rspec but I was wrong. I looked it up and it’s different voltage

1 Like

The r spec comes after the v2. It adds some red to the spectrum.

The difference between the v1 and v2 is efficacy. The v1 doesn’t put out as much light, at the same intensity, for the same amount of power consumed by the v2.

So, the v2 is $50 more, and uses slightly less power for the same light as the v1.

If you want the latest and greatest, go r spec. If you’re looking for a great light for as little upfront cost as possible, go for the v1.

5 Likes

Curious what is the deal with the red???

1 Like

@Drinkslinger @Carol4486 @Audiofreak have you guys seen these. Just like the photo boost 200 real watts and way cheaper

The specs say it is 200W and I wonder about that.

No real data as to efficacy.

$90 for 200w is pretty cheap for any led.

But, I’m not convinced.

Go ahead and try them and give us a report :sunglasses::blush::sunglasses:

I’m not a led guy. I like my cmh. I would like to see someone get one and try it. I’m about to come into some money so I may give it whirl myself

@HornHead it does sound intriguing but so did my blurples

1 Like

You are absolutely right. But when cheap Chinese lights catch up to American standards, it’s gonna be cheap

1 Like

Not far away. For them to catch up but I totally agree 90 for 200w sounds interesting

1 Like

You can get 2x 288 QB v1 $90 with a hlg-240h-c2100 $57

You ain’t kiddin. That’s about. 50cents a watt. You can’t beat that with a stick. Did you go to link and check it out?

1 Like

Whome is “Oneo” ??? Sounds like a knockoff and much too cheep. Reminds me of the old adage. .If it sounds too good to be true…it is!!!

1 Like

The light spectrum is similar but efficacy is going to be way lower. You can tell by chart they provide. Ppfd measurement at 18" on 200 watt light significantly lower than on something like qb 135 kit at 18". So even with the extra power still can’t provide light intensity levels of higher performance leds.

5 Likes