260 XL Kit Assembly almost have it, but

Does anyone else use this light? 260 XL,

so I have the Lighting almost assembled except the output has 3 wires and the dimmer has 2 wires. Wondering what that extra wire is for? I’ve watched the videos to help me get this far but the videos even those titled 260… they end up being a 240 or a 260 diablo and the output looks different. The power supply has a purple, a grey and a black wire compared to the dimmer that has a red and a black wire. @MeEasy @SmokeyMtnHighs @oldmarine @JaneQP @StonedCold13
Maybe that’s why @Graysin and @Nicky told me to go with Kingbrite?
Uploading: IMG_1233.JPG…
I just can’t afford to blow up my new lights. :grimacing:

3 Likes

extra wire is not needed on the dimmer. tape it off

8 Likes

I’m not familiar with hlg equipment or how they’re wired so I’m absolutely no help on this one

2 Likes

Oh! Thank you, I’ll just need to get some wire tape.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 is the master of the lights with my tag he should magically appear soon and he’s really helpful

3 Likes

Sorry ma’am on my BIY lights didn’t use external dimmer drivers.
But @MeEasy tag the man for ya.

2 Likes

OOOOOhhhhh!!! Look at that! You guys are so awesome. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

3rd wire is a ground I’m pretty sure some nicer dimmers have grounds

1 Like

Glad you got it. I have the 320w and my dimmer is built into the driver so I wouldn’t have known either without Google search lol

2 Likes

Yeah, I was afraid it was a ground and if I didn’t have it plugged into something, I didn’t know if it would go ok but it IS ok! Oh, this little adventure of mine is a process of learning… to be continued.

3 Likes

glad you got it together, its a sweet light

5 Likes

Disregard the Vprg wire, isn’t needed for dimming driver. You can just put a wrap of electrical tape or wire nut on it and call it a day. Looks like you did great job, congrats!

5 Likes

Congratulations on the light assembly. You will not regret it love my light I got the Xl kit

2 Likes

I would clip the wire flush,wire nut then tape the nut. Just tape probably won’t last long. And pull that tape tight, a little strech on it secures it better.

1 Like

I am late to answer. When I messaged HLG they referred me to the videos. No third wire shown there! I did the wire nut and hope to mount this week.

Just been a rough few days.

1 Like

If u guys ever have issues go on YouTube and search putting together a hlg 260xl and they have videos for just about every light u search.

I will put a wire nut on it. Thanks

Yes, I was eating up the videos, that’s how we got as far as we did. None of videos I saw had that extra wire. Hopefully, this thread will help someone else in the future.

2 Likes

Yes, right, also I took your advice on the living soil and I’ve started me yesterday. Hope everything has smoothed out for you and you have a lovely New Year!

1 Like

Enjoy the living soil experience! Do you have a grow journal I could start watching? I am looking forward to a better 2022!

2 Likes