260 Watt XL V2 R-Spec QB DIY Kit on the way

Okay, that makes me feel better. :laughing: I was planning on starting it fully dimmed and going from there anyway.

Yes I was referring to check the temperature inside the tent . I’m running around 79-80 degrees lights on which to me is pretty much spot on. I’m running lights at night. Lights off during the day temperature will drop about 9 degrees. I was running to 600w kind lights prior to my 260 hlg Quantum boards. The kind lights did not put off as much heat was running around 74 degrees. I know everybody setup is a little different I’m also pulling cool air from the lung room at 68 degrees basement temperature. Could get a little colder depending on temperature outside. Hope that helps

1 Like

It does, the temp in my is around 74 as well, so hopefully mine will increase around the same. I’m planning on starting with it fully dimmed and go from there. Thanks

1 Like

They come preset at about 80% . That’s where I started when plants Was small I have mine cranked up to 100% now.

1 Like

Hey @kellydans, set up went pretty but I had one question for you. The wires for the connecting the input side of the driver to the power cord don’t match (because it couldn’t just be that easy :man_facepalming:) so I matched them to fit as naturally as possible in the waterproof connector without having to twist them or anything.

I put the green/yellow wire in the copper slot and matched it with the green wire. But the other two are not that easy. The driver has a brown (looks more like salmon to me but that’s beside the point) and a blue wire while the power cord wires are white and black. I matched the blue to the white and brown to the black.

Unfortunately on the video, the guy just blows past that part. Is that how you connected yours?

1 Like

I did go back and watch the video to refresh my memory I can see what you Were talkin about by him blowing through it it is pretty fast. If you click on the video you can pause it and see that you do have your connections right.

1 Like

Sorry, but to clarify; are you saying that I should pause the video to check the the wires or that I do have the connections right? :laughing:
I’ll still check the video, I’m just not sure exactly what you meant @kellydans

1 Like

Shout out to the other winter growers. What I did or actually am doing is I have a small heater and put it in that area. I have a rigid flexibleDucting and I just kind of place it near the heater and move it back and forth till I get the perfect temperature and I have had my tent between 73 and 77 like all the time every chat time I checked for the last two months.

2 Likes

There are small indicators on the terminals. probably L, N, and G or earth ground symbol. Black from power cord and brown on driver go to the L taps. White from power cord and blue from driver go on N taps. And green wires both go to G or earth ground.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

1 Like

I have 2 288 Rspec (non-XL) running in my 5x5. I run a fan across my ballasts to keep them cool, but it doesn’t address the tent temp. I’ve been thinking about running the ballasts outside the tent too. They raise the temp in my tent about 5 degrees F, even with an 8" AC Infinity set to 3/4 pulling air out and plenty of fans pushing fresh air in. It can get hard to manage with the temp swings @MrPeat talks about. It can get as high as 85 during the day and as low as 65 at night. I’ve got to do something about it.

2 Likes

Yes looking at your pictures looks like you do have your connections right.

1 Like

You’ve probably already checked this, but do you have the lights dimmed? If not, you could try that.

2 Likes

I just flipped to flower last night and have had them turned all the way up for the past couple of days.

1 Like

@MidwestGuy just my thoughts you might be able to swap an run your lights at night an off of the day. And get the differential swing down to maybe 10 degrees 10 to 15 degrees will be fine. Off time should be close to the temperature of where you’re pulling your fresh air from. Also running lights at night is not during peak time. Don’t we just love a couple challenges along the way. Good luck

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about that. I usually run them 7 AM to 7 PM, but I could flip that and run 7P to 7A.

2 Likes

@Krushiem welcome ! and thanks for sharing sounds like a good plan.

I run mine at night. Because temps during the day can swing a difference of 60+ degrees. It’s very challenging to grow during the Summer months here in South Texas.

3 Likes

I do the same, it’s in a timer to shit off when I’m at work and run over night

1 Like

@TripleB have you got that HIG 260 plugged in to check out how bright? it’s awesome.

1 Like