24”x48”x60” set up

I’m looking to start an indoor grow. I was thinking a 24”x48” tent but have no idea what size inline fan 6” or 4”? What type of light? Etc…

I have some blurples and a 4x4 tent already from a previous grow but I want to do this one right. With the good equipment. Any and all info would be appreciated

1 Like

@4eraGrow
I would go with the 6" fan, one with a variable speed adjustment, that way you can adjust it to your needs, and still be big enough if you decide to switch to your 4x4 tent in the future…

As for lights, HLG seems to be a popular light around here, cost more than your blurples, but enough people around here use them with great reviews. @dbrn32 is our resident lighting expert and could probably recommend the right size light…

4 Likes

Hey bro !! For fan 6" lights I have used spider farmer since they came out and still have a couple . there is a new company SONO FARM!! these lights are QUALITY. better PPFD rating and CHEAPER​:+1::dollar::smiley:!!! The support unmatched .

1 Like

Awesome thanks guys @Ron330 that’s kinda what I was thinking so it’s nice to have that second opinion

I’ll look into those companies @Smalls do you know if they are American made?

Horticulture lighting group is US company and most of their products made in house. Chilled tech also.

Fan size kinda depends on type of fan you get. I would probably get a 6" mixed flow fan, something like ac infinity or hyperfan

2 Likes

Long time no talk @dbrn32 what would you say the total watts for lighting for the total area of a 24”x48”x60” space? Around 2400w? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sounds expensive!

1 Like

I haven’t dug much into things as far as lights are concerned but I saw a buddy using these chilled LEDs for his babies What’s your input on say the 65w chilled tech led for cloning and light vegging @dbrn32 Also what a good PAR for veg vs flower.

I’m looking at the AC infinity T6, along with the AXIAL S1238D dual fans.

If I’m gunna do this I want to do it right from the start.

Chilled tech makes good lights. If you are in market for low powered light, this one would be as good or better than anything else out there.

Ppfd average 400-500 umols/s great for veg, and ppfd average 600-800 umols/s great for flower.

I like the cloudine fans, but have gone to buying s series or running t series in manual. What are you planning on doing with the axial fans?

Chilled X1 mini 65w veg spectrum over a bunch of clones

I wanted something for this specific space and it does a nice job. Somehow the space expanded

The one on the left in 55 days and in a holding pattern until other space becomes available

1 Like

I was just thinking of adding them in there as auxiliary fans if need be. Unless you think it’s unnecessary @dbrn32

[quote=“dbrn32, post:9, topic:70535, full:true”]

Chilled tech makes good lights. If you are in market for low powered light, this one would be as good or better than anything else out there.

Ppfd average 400-500 umols/s great for veg, and ppfd average 600-800 umols/s great for flower.

I> like the cloudine fans, but have gone to buying s series or running t series in manual. What are you planning on doing with the axial fans?

[/quote]

You will want something to circulate air in your space in addition to exhaust. The axial fans could work for that, but may be tricky to find mounts for.