23 day Blue Dream and 9 days Gold leaf. Photo seeds from Ilgm

Just a few questions I’m not sure about. It it normal for a plant to give off that beautiful aroma before you move to flower ? And secondly do you think it will be possible for the GL to veg long enough to flower with the BD ? Will post some pictures and any info/advice would be very welcome as this is my 1st attempt to hopefully a very long ongoing hobby. Thanks

1 Like

Looks very healthy.

You should be able to flower them together but you’ll want to train the BD or top it to keep the canopy level. That BD is at a size where it’s ready for topping or LST.

Blue dream especially is known to stretch like crazy and Gold Leaf doesn’t stretch much. You’ll have a bit of a challenge on your hands to keep the plants growing at an even height

2 Likes

Do you think Scrog would work to keep the BD down and give the GL time to catch up? Also how long do you think I should veg the GL minimum before flipping them to flower?

1 Like

Yeah decided to top after this next node starts after all what could more coals hurt. That BD told me 2 days between water wasn’t quite enough as you can see in the pics that are just a few hours apart

1 Like

Scrog can definitely work to keep that BD under control. I would veg that goldleaf till it’s at least as tall as the blue dream before you flip it. GoldLeaf won’t stretch much

1 Like

Sorry if I’m blowing you up with questions but just wanted to make sure I’m looking in the right spot to sex this BD just to make sure 100%

Right place yes. I’m not seeing anything yet tho

2 Likes

Pretty sure its female :smile: I lost my pruning kit so another 2 days until replacement and yes I know she is looking wild :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Good time to start LST if you’re gonna. :+1: looks nice.

2 Likes

Hey just wondering what your views on toping vs fim are I keep hearing that fim is less stress and can lead to more than 2 new primary stalks. The internet is full of advice but alot of it is back and forth on the subject ? And also is the BD known to be super bushy just wondering becasue alot of plant pictures they look like a lot more branch and less leaves.

Well that’s just it, it’s a whole lot of discussion and a complete lack of actual scientific evidence. Everyone is just reporting what they see anecdotally.

Will FIM produce more tops than topping? Sure but are you gonna get it right on the first try? I doubt it. Most people don’t have a huge success rate with FIM.

all of these training Techniques have their uses. One is not necessarily better than the other in a general sense but some methods are preferable to others depending on your situation.

1 Like

Also about to hit 30 days with just ffo soil and water only do you think I should start feeding next time it needs water its fox farm big grow for veg stage or should I wait longer ? There in 5 gallon fabric pots?

An update on the ladies all grown up. Thanks for all the advice and help. As you can tell since it was my 1st grow I went down the all natural no real training or toping as it seemed scary :slight_smile: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

1 Like

They look VERY nice man. Well done on your 1st grow. Enjoy!!

1 Like