.227 grams per watt... what’s wrong?

Sour Diesel is a heavy yielding strain for sure.

Yeah… that’s what I don’t get… the buds started out real slow… 2 weeks before they started getting the white hairs… thought it was going to be 9 1/2 -10 weeks but the trichomes matured in 8… they got bigger weeks 4-6 then stopped… didn’t bulk up or anything… and I was feeding it bud boom (late flower) along with everything else. It’s like they needed carbs which could be from defoliating a bit too much so they couldn’t produce enough sugar…?

2 Likes

A big P, K boost can cause the plant to stall as well in my experience.

it sounds like many small issues here,
too much ‘defoliating’, high EC, bloom boost too late in flower, watering schedule might be off, short veg period, heat, not enough air movement (both ventilation and circulation), harvested too early…

3 Likes

@Grandaddy013 Thats simply breathtaking. I’m speechless :+1::+1::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I mixed the nutes like the bottle said… which is not always spot on… but AN nutes seem a bit strong…I added the bloom boost when the label said to…? Short veg? They went like 12 weeks from seed before I flowered. Not enough air movement? I had 2 400cfm fans going in a 4x4 both exhausting outside of the building separately plus a 16” oscillating fan and I harvested when the trichomes told me it was time…? To me, the pic looks like they are done…?

1 Like

How are you looking at the trichomes? Like this? If so; a loupe might be in order. I use a digital otoscope and get in close:

Then you can superzoom in and really see what’s happening.

I use a little 60x-100x mini microscope… the old school hand held one… I can see them. I am getting a something like what you have soon though… it’s way more in focus when I look through it than the pic… but that my phone camera through the microscope… and that pic isn’t just before harvest

1 Like

I’m all out of ideas; sounds like you are doing what you should be but all I can think is more time on the vine to bulk up.

Start a grow journal and from there we can see whats wrong, it is kinda impossible for us to spot whats the problem with one picture. We then can follow your journey and help you get the most of your setup. Ill say it again but genetics will play alot… you can sow two seeds the same day under exact same condition veg them same amount of time and harvest one pound of one plant and get 6 oz from the other…

sorry man, 12 weeks of good growth is plenty of veg for normal seed.!
the key is “good growth”, if they r ‘over-watered’ more time might be required.

the label is always too much, try half to 3/4 of the recommended strength.!

800 cfm is the max the fans can do, that is running with no restrictions,
how much passive intake do u have.?
what size/kind of carbon filters.?
how much duct work on the system.?

at 20% amber, it does sound like u r harvesting at the right time.

agreed, but there is a fine line line between almost done and done.!!

Pic in first post, those leaves look pretty much fried.

I’m thinking I had a magnesium lockout…

No big bud should not be cloudy it should be kind of a darker yellow

the big bud i got is a cloudy brownish red and smells metallic. sounds like its no good, thanks

… “It’s like they needed carbs which could be from defoliating a bit too much so they couldn’t produce enough sugar…?”

Hi man, i just had a plant die on me on mysterious circumstances, and while it was obviously over watered, i keep thinking i did some very wrong defoliation to her before she collapsed…
I thought i was taking" excess " fan leaves to let more air/light inside, so now i think that she was left with not enough big leaves to use water and nutrients properly.
Im thinking on never defoliate at least that particular strain ever again.
Can you describe the kind of defoliation you did?

I’m not a master grower but reading your comment I wanted to give you my opinion. I am on my sixth grow in my first one I defoliated a lot my second one not so much. Let me see the first one was some sticky ass bird it was super skunk. On my current grow I have not defoliated I did low stress training And what I’ve noticed is if you leave the leaves on there you can look at your older leaves the big fan leaves and tell what’s going on with your plant because those leaves will show symptoms of problems before any else.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response man, I’ve been reading a lot, and im coming to the conclusion that i just messed up the soil by watering too little (no runoff) with a full dose of nutes, probably causing the ph to go too low and also having all of the remaining salts trapped in there making everything worse…
I performed a flush a few nights ago, and all of my remaining plants had runoff of around 5.0 to 5.2 ph with ph 7.1 water going in…
Im hoping they finish ok as im past week 7 of flower

Good luck with everything. I only know how to DWC it gives you a faster response. That whole issue of flushing your pots and checking the runoff scares me

2 Likes