21 days flower fan leaves yellowing

I’m ending week 3 of flower on my first grow. The lower fans are turning yellow like nitrogen deficiency. Is it ok to begin this at 21 days flower? Seems early to me.
Tops look good.

1 Like

3 plants in 3 gallon smart pots. 2 are train wreck. They are yellowing the most. 1 is northern lights and it’s a not as bad. Super soil 8 weeks veg with crappy vipar light.

Ide think the yellow is normal…arealyoyo…unless it need cal.mag …I could be wrong…but they look nice.

I’m thinking I’m wrong arealyoyo…I was thinking they was further along…then that…to much watering?

I was doing a poor job in the watering but via forum I think I’m doing better now.

1 Like

Getting those curls on the ends but that seems to have stopped for now. The yellow is my concern. Tried feeding insect frass 3-2-4 1.5 tsp in water over the 3 plants but I think that’s not the proper way to go about it lol made a mess on the floor and my foot. Also have been supplementing since week 8 with. 0.5-0.5-1 tea every 3rd watering.

3 Likes

This was a recent change to my watering pattern. Was watering every night 2 l over 3 plants. Now watering until run off then again when dry and light.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community ! Now that you are watering to runoff my first thoughts I would check the pH an the PPM runoff and make adjustments accordingly. Good luck

2 Likes

Still too wet to water tonight. Will check tomorrow for run off ph. Input is 6.3. Stems are pretty purple.

1 plant seems to be the worst but it has slowed down on the creep up the plant.

2 Likes

So I think it was chronic over watering with no dry cycle. I am not sure how that ends up looking like nitrogen deficiency? I’ve since changed my watering habits after reading @Hellraiser and his gorilla glue tutorial. What a wealth of knowledge.
The yellow creep has stopped for now. I am going to carry on with just proper watering and just the tea every 3rd water.
3.5 weeks into flower and I think ill see some leaves still turn yellow as it progresses.

2 Likes

I’m enjoying the result so far and can’t wait to see what a light upgrade will do. Currently Vipar 450 reflector.
Thinking either hlg 320 xl rspec or electric sky 300.

This is the northern lights starting to turn purple.

3 Likes

Looking good, nice job on the recovery, happy growing!

blue donut. You figure it out arealyoyo.

Things are coming along nicely. Entering 6th week of flower.

Trichomes are looking pretty clear still

2 Likes

I’m close to harvest and I’m showing a deficiency it not sure what it is? Only on the top leaves so immobile but not sure what. Its directly under the vipar so could it be the hot zone of the light.
I’m completed 6 weeks flower still some time to go on the trichomes and pistils. Should I worry about it at this point? It’s not drinking very much either. My temps are pretty low at 70 due to a/c. Could this slow the drink rate down? Like 1/2 gallon per 5 days in 3 gallon pots. My thoughts are root bound and the temps. Rh is 50s. Trying to get it down lately with flower ending.

1 Like

Looks like they are going through a deficiency of some sort but as close to harvest as you are, I’d just ride it out.

Thanks. That’s my thought too. From the plant pic on google I thought magnesium or potassium. Super soil is likely used up pretty well. Would perhaps add some epsom salts in mid flower with this soil.

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking potassium as well as a couple others, I’ve seen plenty of “super soils” give out halfway thru flowering, should keep some flowering nutes around and start low doses in mid flowering if you’re going to use that soil again.

1 Like

@Hellraiser I changed to using dehumidifier water because someone recommended it as similar to ro water. This dropped my ppm to 20ish. Could this be a reason I am seeing deficiency. It just occured to me that it showed up just after I changed the source water.
You had mentioned that using ro or distilled would require cal mag too?

Getting some swelling in the buds now too!

2 Likes

Nice looking bud. Yes, water from a dehumidifier is very clean like distilled or RO, so you would need some CalMag.