203GodKing needs help

I started growing autoflowers about 8 weeks and im just enetering the flower stage. before having the proper knowledge, i pruned my plants. since flowering i havent though… my question is why did it take so long to enter the flower stage… and how can I increase or stimulate bud production?.. Did i mess em up?

2 Likes

First welcome to the forum. Im not an expert but in a year and a half ive learned a bunch and have grown a few autos. And since its been 8 hours since your post and the more knowledgeable folks havent responded ill take a crack at it. There is a support ticket you can fill out sorry i dont have a copy. Im sure someone will post one for ya.
My experience with autos is they will flower on their own time. Light schedule does not play into the grow like in photos. They also can be stressed easy. Big swings in temp, humidity, can sometimes stress the plant. I too had issues with bud size and density. I replaced lights about 4 times and ended up with an hlg 240 qboard light. Light density does play into autos though. Without more info its hard to say why your girls are slow.
Autos are very finicky since yours are in flower i wouldnt mess with em much.
Sorry so wordy…im bored.

3 Likes

@TheGodKing Hello and welcome I’m relatively new here as well I’ve got 3 grows all auto and 1 thing that i have noticed is the temperature definitely plays a role in it all and humidity. it seems all my autos loved it when they were between 72 to 76 degrees and about 50 percent humidity. I have a ww auto now that it has been about 2 weeks behind its predecessors and its because i live in the northeast U.S. and the temps are getting colder what I have done that has had a big impact is put a heater right beside tent to raise temperature I also recently got a HLG 300L RSPEC® light and put a humidifier next to tent to raise humidity and I tell ya within 2 days I seen a huge improvement they will flower when they are ready some will be done weeks before others even if same strain so just watch your nutes ph levels and temp/humidity and they should be fine…agin ive got only a few grows under my belt but all are autos and they seem to like that temperature… good luck and welcome all here are AWESOME AND LOVE TO HELP!! :grinning:

2 Likes

Like the others responding; I am only on my second Auto grow. I did learn much in that first grow, and still learning.
I was also concerned about pruning a Auto. These growers helped me, and sure they will do the same.
What do you think @Not2SureYet, @MeEasy, and @SRPG007?

1 Like

I agree my autos do tend to like higher temps and grow best between 75-82° but they also like to foxtail at that height but most of my autos flowered 6-8 seeks in and finished flowering about 5 weeks after I didn’t prune at all and my girls were fine with that but I think I could’ve trimmed the underbrush after the flower stretch and they would’ve been slightly better for it but I didn’t want to risk my 1st grow ended up with 2-3 ounces each plant

2 Likes

There are some who can top em and lollipop em but autos IMHO are too sensitive to be messing around like that. LST works more effectively without stunting or stressing the plants. Just don’t do anything else like that and watch for signs of recovery(growth resumes) Flowers will swell and gain weight last two weeks. They look fine. Use nutes really lightly at first feed(1/8th ) second if they respond well increase to 1/4 and then next feed 1/2. Hope this helps.

1 Like

there is nothing wrong with letting your autos just grow! no hard fast rules about them. i have only seen one grower that could get a 6 ft tall auto and thats @MrPeat. do not try to copy him. :rofl: like i did. tuck your leaves cut what u have too. autos do what they want when they want

3 Likes

Heck my shortest zkittle actually produced the most out of the trio from how crazily she foxtailed but they were nice and even foxtails with ripe trichs so im not complaining (and her Terps are easily the best , so lemony)

1 Like

I’m only putting in my two cents because @JimHigh mentioned me and thought it would be rude not to respond.

I’ve never purposely grown an auto, I think I did on accidentally had a couple outdoor plants flower in the middle of summer lol so I can’t really recommend anything other than the same things everyone else has already said. So I’ll just say good luck

2 Likes

You didn’t say what you were growing in. Autos will stretch there veg time out in coco as to soil from all I have seen. My autos would rather have 60 - 70% humidity all through flower if given the chance. I run about 65% when doing all autos. I drop it down when photos are in the tent. You didn’t mention your light. That will make a big difference on how she goes from here. When I tried using a vipar 300. I had to keep the plant as short as I could. I hated that light lol My 450s and 600 could grow a 40" plant pretty good. I needed a few of them per plant though. If this was mine. I would let her fill in a little for the next few weeks. And then look at trimming up the lower part of her. You will not get a lot down there with out some good lights. I have QBs and still trim my lowers. I would rather put all her focus on the top as to pop corn buds :grin: I am back at the top. You say you are just entering the flower stage. It looks like you have been it for at least 2 to 3 weeks looking at the top picture :grin:

1 Like