2022 Garden State Garden

you guys are making me nervous though. I am stoned and all this talk of bud rot is making think I should be out every morning blowing the dew off my 4 inground ladies.

I have really liked the outdoor grow but man the potential for failure or early harvest is crazy.

ideally I think I have 4 more weeks but we get a lot of heavy dew this time of year

do outdoor plants mature faster than indoor ones? (random thought)

1 Like

I can not say about indoors …but outdoor seems to be faster than what is said to be flowering time

I just go out every morning and shake the crap out of them and k ock as much dew off as i can that way and so far this year ive been good.

We have also had a nice steetch of low humidity during the day along with not super cool nights so far so its been very ideal weather for avoiding excess moisture on the plant.

Ultimately when growing outdoors youre always going to have so many more factors that can cause you to have to cut losses and harvest early, but this makes it so much more rewarding when harvest time rolls around and you have plants crossing the finish line!

1 Like

Also @blueskies i do a pretty significant bud wash with my outdoor plants befire they come inside to a drying tent, so im literally dunking them in water and then fan drying before going to the tent. Never had a problem with mold or rot forming in the tent while drying.

On that thought, ive also had indoor grows that i didnt wash, but were in a hydro box so they came stmraight out of a water environment to wet trim and dry, no issues.

Just found a small brown spot starting on a bud on Gold leaf, got it before it got bad thankfully

Just a little bit…but now im gonna check them like every hour. Taking the endoscope out to check trichs on gold leaf

2 Likes

5 Likes

Trichs are cloudy/clear. More cloudy than clear, some ambers the lower on the plant you go

2 Likes

Keep finding small rot spots on Gold Leaf, probably gonna cut losses on her and chop tomorrow

1 Like

I feel you …I’m trying so hard not to cut down the 707 …mob boss has been drying in the box since last Saturday …cabbage looper city
I probably could have not chopped it but it’s all good
Good luck it’s that time of year …worms and Morning dew trying to take us out at the last minute lol

1 Like

good luck to all! on my plants the buds are really starting to fatten up but I will keep a close eye and try to let them grow a few more weeks. I have way more than I could probably smoke in the next 5 years from the indoor grow so I will let these ride.

anyone use preventative fungicides? jacks 775 says" can be used up to the the day of harvest", there are a bunch of other offerings from other companies with different antifungicial components. I might try agrowlyte

1 Like

gold leaf

5 Likes

@blueskies looks good! Mine are pretty gat at this point, ive cut some buds off that are adjacent to bud rot and cleaned em up and ran them thru the dehydrator…seems avout ready…

I would love to get another week out of it, but with the rot popping up think shes gonna get the chop in the next 48hrs. Ill update with some pictures when I get home today.

@Lacewing 2 of the 6 spots ive cut out so far are little worms, the others must be moisture cause there is no sign of worm poop on them…:man_shrugging: pretty good so far

Also had a tip of a lower stalk on trainwreck that was rotting so that got chopped and im now keeping am eye on her too. Shes also very close to finish, would be happy with another week out of her too…we will see!

1 Like

Super windy day, girls are all beat up. No broken branches, but I can tell they are leaning in all sorts of new ways! Glad I used silicia all seasons, branches :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

1 Like

Yeah mine is leaning from it too lol it she’ll be alright lol …going to calm down by tomorrow I think or at least less wind

2 Likes

Are you removing all the leaves? I find that leaving them on extends drying some. The Ac Infinity controller is really good at moving just enough air to take the moisture out slow enough. Also I aim for temps at ir below normal air temperature. My goal is between 9 and 11 days. But sometimes it goes a bit faster. One thing you can do is pull it out of the drying room just as its getting close, even if its a tad early… jar it half full and burp them lots. Like several times a day. Make sure you pull em from the jar and font let them stay in there soggy at all or they will mold sure as rain in England.
Another thing you may try is to introduce a humidifier into the drying room and rehumidify the air as you dry. That way you can artificially slow the process down.

2 Likes

Those calyxes are still fresh, that bud is nowhere close to ready. Are you having a wet grow season? Worms? Caterpillars?

Should be able to hit low 30s without any worries, my plants often see frost on the ground in the mornings. As long as the days warm up and the sun comes out, they will be fine. The rot starts to become an issue, and you just have to cut your losses at times.
Your plants look amazing! Should be a wonderful harvest

1 Like

Its the combination of morning dew and cooler nights, i havent had too manybissues with worms. Id rather not cut it butnid the rot continues to pop up its gotta go!

1 Like

Gold Leaf

3 Likes