2022 Central Virginia Outdoor Grow

Got everything trimmed and jarred from Round 1. Looks like the 2.5 plants I harvested will yield ~6 ounces of buds. Nailed the timing better than last year. Beautiful buds. Smoke really nice.

Round 2 going well so far. WW Autos are looking good at 14 days. Gold Leaf Photo is finishing up month 3. Increased water and feedings on the Big Girl and she is filling out nicely.

4 Likes

Checking in 6 days later. Autoflowers are chugging along on Day 22. The Big Girl is getting big. She is a little over 3 months old. 3 months to go.

3 Likes

Gonna need to stake her up when she grows them giant flowers. :rofl::rofl::rofl: got to love it.

Much needed rain. 10 day staycation has started

5 Likes

Heat has been tough on the girls. Drinking lots of water. White Widows Autos are 30 days above ground today and right on cue have started to flower.
Spent a little time this morning shoring up the Photo Gold Leaf. Storm season is upon us in Central Virginia. She is still looking good considering how hot it is.

4 Likes

Girls caught a break today. cooler and a little rain. WW Autos are on Day 33. Gold Leaf continues to get bigger. Wish she was in a 20 gallon pot instead of the 10 she is in. Looking at 90 degree plus days for the next week at least.

5 Likes

Is your Goldleaf in a fabric pot or plastic? If fabric the roots are growing through the pot.

@Dforce what makes you say that?

You said you wish it was in a 20 gallon pot, if in a fabric pot the roots will grow through the bag and in the ground, she will be fine, just don’t move her. :v:

1 Like

Thanks. After your comment I researched and saw why. I guess she isn’t moving until mid October lol. Thanks for the heads up

2 Likes

@Hooscrazy that Gold Leaf is a monster, I bet she smells awesome!

On coast of Virginia myself…happy growing neighbor!

1 Like

@Dforce great tip brother! :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Double whammy yesterday. Got home to find the Big Girl in distress. Despite a heavy watering yesterday morning she was looking weak and thirsty when I got home. I work 10 hour shifts so its 11 hours before I can get back to her. Apparently too long in this heat. Probably going to have to move her again but now I am concerned knowing the roots can get through the bottom of the bag. Is it going to hurt her to move her?

Actually hate the second problem more. As I was watering her I noticed an unopened pack of camel crush cigarettes 10 feet from my plant. no one at my house smokes cigarettes so I checked my game cams and don’t recognize the person. They took pictures then left the same way they came. Through the woods behind my house. Closest house behind me is 1/2 a mile away.
Sucks

2 Likes

That’s no cool that some now knows, as for moving you probably get away with it. Good luck.

1 Like

It was one of my neighbors. His Guineas flew the coop lol. I just didn’t recognize him on cam. Don’t think he will be a problem so feeling a little better.

1 Like

Well that’s good news, so looks like maybe a drink before you leave for work, and a good water when you get home, other way around maybe better.

1 Like

My biggest girl on the deck will get the mid-afternoon droops during the heat of the day but she usually perks back up after the main blast of heat starts to subside. The smallest ones look a little peaked too but the two in the middle hold their own - go figure!
And one of the middle sized girls is a clone cut from the same mama as the biggest girl.

One thing I discovered about outdoor growing in containers is to use plastic rather than a bag.
Trust - in the Virginia heat you can’t over water a plant no matter what the container is! LOL!
I had an auto in a bag and I was literally giving her 4g a day while the plants in the plastic pots, who were twice her size, were getting 4g every 2-3 days.

Girls are looking good!

At least if something comes up missing you know where to start looking!
In my experience “friends” are the worst when it comes to your weed plants.
I learned my lesson -

2 Likes

The Gold Leaf is drinking 2x a day. I water before work and when I get home. I do worry about overwatering but even with this brutal summer heat (next 7 days 90 plus, Saturday and Sunday might make triple digits) the Gold Leaf still seems to be thriving.

2 Likes

All the girls survived the hot weekend. WW Autos budding nicely. Gold Leaf photo is filling out nicely. She sure is drink8ng a lot of water these days…

2 Likes

Cloudy and a little cooler today. The autos are starting to stack and looking pretty healthy overall. The tallest is the biggest auto I’ve grown (3rd grow). She seems to be lagging behind the other 3. Spent more energy getting tall I reckon. This is day 48 above dirt.

The Gold Leaf still seems to be thriving. Starting to pick some smaller and the yellowing leaves from her interior to open her up some. My only question is just how big she can get if I don’t screw her up somehow.

Fed all the girls this morning ahead of a cooler rainy day

4 Likes