2022 Central Virginia Outdoor Grow

2022 grow. Did a lot more things right this time but still managed to screw things up (again). Main problem is I started to soon. Sprouted my seeds in early March and then transplanted into red solo cups. Because of my early start they outgrew the cups well before they could go outside. I had to lean the plants against the window screen in my garage to keep them from falling over.
Transplanted to 10 gallon bags in the middle of April. Using a 90/10 mixture of Ocean Forest and worm castings as my soil.
Despite my best efforts to kill them the girls are looking pretty good. I planted 3 white widow autoflowers and 1 feminized Gold Leaf.

11 Likes

I live in Zone 8. I learned not to plant or transfer to the outdoors, until after 4-20 or Mother’s Day. Clearly 4-1 was too early. The cold wet/damp/rain not good for seedlings. Those that survived, are doing well for outdoors, now.

7 Likes

I bet I know which are the White Widows!!! They look good. Being autos, you should be going into flower very soon, so the area with the most light possible is where you wanna be! And that Gold Leaf is going to be a beast come flower time!!!

3 Likes

They are getting direct sun from 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. or so. Had really good luck with the White Widows last year. Hoping to get two harvests from them this year. Never grown Gold Leaf but she is off to a good start

2 Likes

Hoping to get up and running on eastern shore with WW outdoors. This thread gives me hope. Have you done any nutrients in years past? This year?

3 Likes

No nutes this year yet other than way better soil and and added worm castings. Used the Fox Farms trio last year. Can’t quantity how much they helped but I ended up with 19 ounces of dried bud.

1 Like

19 oz > soil seeds castings and some nutes…I may use Fox Farm Bloom for this first outdoor in VA…i’ll add thread with experience as it unfolds.

1 Like

The girls seem to be enjoying the warm and rainy weather we’ve had the past few days.

4 Likes

Still growing. The white widows are flowering! Gold Leaf is starting to fill in nicely

3 Likes

Checking in after the big storms last night. The girls all rode it out fairly well considering the wind blew hard enough to move the furniture on our porch. Gold Leaf is growing. All three white widows are flowering. The small ww is starting to stack.

3 Likes

Rain all week. Under a tornado watch right now. Letting the girls hangout inside for a little while today.

3 Likes

Hot as heck here the past few days. Girls are holding up well.

3 Likes

12 Days later. Filling in nicely but the yield isn’t going to match last years. The Gold Leaf photo
is doing well. The White Widow autoflowers have two weeks max left. Dropped 4 more sprouted ww autos in the dirt this evening.

3 Likes

Round 2 didn’t take long. Started the seeds in wet paper towel inside a cooler on Friday morning. Planted the seeds in dirt last night. Got home from work and there they were…

3 Likes

The hay is in the barn. White Widows harvested. Gold Leaf Photo still chugging along.

4 Likes

Somebody was thirsty. First 2 pics taken 10 minutes apart. 3rd pics is round two of the ww autos. Day 12 above dirt for them.
Uploading: 20220624_171858.jpg…

2 Likes

Good job!!! Central VA can sure gro some pretty plants!

1 Like

3rd pic didn’t upload. Here is the Gold Leaf 10 minutes after being watered.

4 Likes

Yep I’d say she was thirsty :rofl::rofl: Very nice