2021 outdoor grow-G13, blueberry cheesecake, wedding cake auto

Hey guys I wanted to start posting again. My indoor grow went horribly wrong and I basically had to turn the entire plant into a fresh frozen for making rosin and edibles :cry:

I’m starting up my outdoor grow for the year and I just got all three seeds popping out of the soil in a solo cup. I’ve also prepared their outdoor setup by starting a cover crop in the pots for the two photo plants. I’ll be running the auto in a 5 gallon and I haven’t decided whether it would be outdoor or indoor I guess it just depends on how well it does but I have the option if needed to take it inside.

I’m going to be running pride lands organic dry amendments in deep roots soil, between that and compost tea that will be the only thing I’m adding to the regiment. I will be using organic side for my IPM in conjunction with neem meal top dressing.

@AfgVet
@Tenga
@kaptain3d
@Covertgrower

10 Likes

Following, ready for some action! :partying_face:

1 Like

What are you using as cover crop? Do you work it in the soil before you plant, or you keep it growing?

3 Likes

I’m using the 12 seed cover crop that you can buy from build a soil. Once I get ready to plant in it I will hack it up cover it with a layer of compost and do my top dressing dry organic nutrients into that hummus layer then add a barley straw on top to keep the soil moist

4 Likes

I love the ground cover action. I’ll be following.

2 Likes

Following along and looking forward to the outcome!

2 Likes

Like @Covertgrower , I like your companion crop ahead of time!

4 Likes

Feel free to tag anybody you think maybe interested as well.

2 Likes

I don’t think he intends to use it as companion crop.

It’s more of a green fertiliser approach… @krismwright correct me if I’m wrong

1 Like

You are both correct😁

what’s growing right now will be hacked up and used as fertilizer but I will also be putting down some more seeds underneath the barley straw to keep the top layer of the soil a nice and aerated

2 Likes

So I’ve been spraying these with a worm casting tea since I put them in the soil as a seed I did not pre-germinate in a towel. they literally popped out of the soil yesterday and one of them’s already 2 in tall (the blueberry cheesecake) but they’re all looking good. Don’t think I’ll be pre-germinating seeds anymore no need for it :man_shrugging:

@Covertgrower
@AfgVet
@kaptain3d
@Tenga

6 Likes

We all have success in many different ways. This is another way. I encourage everyone to find their personal style of growing.

5 Likes

Congrats on the babies! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Mind if I tag along? I have 1 month before I drop my seeds for outside. I’ll lettem grow about a month til end may then transplant outside.

1 Like

For sure you’re more than welcome!!

Feel free to tag me on your grow as well :grin::pray::heart:

1 Like

I agree 100%. There’s a million ways to end at the same result when growing pretty much any plant. I personally have had some weird growth happen after using the paper towel method but I know it works for many many people :grin: this is the stuff I’ve been spraying on them seems to be working really well but I know you can just use water too!

1 Like

Congrats on the new babies!!

1 Like

The only concern I have is the blueberry cheesecake looks like it’s stretching a lot. Is the best way to resolve that to get a light really close to it? Right now I’ve just been keeping them on the windowsill and putting them outside in the sun with the bags on for a couple hours a day

@Covertgrower
@kaptain3d
@AfgVet
@Tenga

1 Like

@krismwright mind if I pull up a chair?

@AfgVet Were you in the 10th MD By any chance?

SL out.

Nope. Not me