2021 outdoor AZ

For the holiday if nothing else!

Exactly

My plant survived 9 days by itself in my back yard without anyone doing a thing to it.

When I got home from my trip last night at 10pm I looked at the res and it was bone dry. The plant looks fine though.

3 Likes

Fine you say? Looks amazing if you ask me!

2 Likes

Hello, fellow Arizonans! I’m at 5,500-ish elevation ('skitt, also). Maybe someday I’ll grow outside; seems a waste to not use the sun here. My current plant I put in the window sun during veg and some into flower, through an open window when the weather permitted - she just loved it.

So, maybe snow early this week, and then 80 later in the week. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I really hope that we get rain this summer!

1 Like

The white widow seeds that I bought from here seem to make very hearty plants. They certainly seem to stand a lot of less-than-ideal growing conditions.

1 Like

I, and my plants, agree! :crazy_face:

Started these 4 weeks ago. Having tbl. keeping 12hrs of light. Wind in the afternoon is vicious. Going to supplement with lights.

4 Likes

Hi and welcome! Yes, the winds have been a bit crazy; yeah, it’s springtime and yet they make me nervous due to wildfire danger.

For awhile earlier this spring, I was sunning my plant in an open window … :wind_face:

2 Likes

Im gonna try to get my greenhouse
finished today all’s that’s left is the panels and the door.

1 Like

Were putting them in the front window.
Has anyone used supplemental lightning? 12hrs sun / 4hrs light?

Were growing Gorilla Glue AutoFlower. They growing so fast, 4 weeks in and were showing lots of buds. Changing to Buds and Bloom next fertilizer cycle.

2 Likes

I have limited experience, and I haven’t done 12hrs sun/4hrs light. With my current plant, during veg to about mid-flower I aimed for a few hours of sun and then supplemented with artificial light. I don’t know how ideal that was or not.

1 Like

What is going on with the wind in az!!! I paint for a living and I cant remember wind like this. we’ve never had this much, consistent wind, Coupled with 15% humidity, we’ll be Oklahoma before long. No offense Oklahoma…

2 Likes

I will definitely be planning to do an outdoor next year. I was so focused on getting the tent going, once the law passed, I never gave it a thought. Autos might be the answer for our short outdoor window.

1 Like

Wind was crazy here in PctAz today made installing the panels on the greenhouse a challenge at times and impossible at times. I have a 2 acre yard a couple of panels took flight out of the box all the way across my yard and pinned against fence. A couple of smaller one blew into the neighbors yard. Managed to get half of them installed.

1 Like

Its been weird for sure. Adapt and overcome, is key to living in “zee desert” I’ve done veggies for the last ten years but last year, we won’t say it’s name, was brutal on my garden. Lost everything by june. On the same note, maybe I had too much time on my hands and diddled too much. Either way, I lost plants I’ve had for 5+ yrs. Greenhouse is the answer if you ask me…

1 Like

From what I’ve heard, the Valley (Phx area) has become more windy over the years. I think that central and n. AZ have been windy as a norm; I’ve only lived further up AZ since 2014 and we’ve had strong spring winds.

Bummer about the gardens, as well as plumdand’s greenhouse today.

1 Like

It will be finished by the end of the week, wind rain or shine. Luckily didn’t loose any panels. The ones that are installed aren’t going anywhere. I made sure of that. I won’t be putting anything in there until end of May. I want the soil to set for a month before I transplant.

2 Likes

That’s great you didn’t lose any panels! Sounds good, let us know how it all progresses. :ear: (that’s an ear emoji, lol)

Looks like it might rain today and the wind is howling. I’m still gonna try to get some panels up later today. I’ll post some pictures later.

2 Likes