2021 GDP. SWOG. CAL DRM . In NE USA

They are a bit angry u will see some leaf damage but they will survive for sure

4 Likes

A no till living soil should have ample drainage material ( pumice, rice hulls, lava rock etc) it so there won’t be an impaction issue. Is this no till bed indoors or outdoors?
But I just dig a hole large enough for my transplant, add more mychos and plant her.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. This will be an outdoor grow. Have tilled it for years. I appreciate the advice. Is it ok to be this excited? Possible the two hits of the GL. Do you think the earth is loose enough and just going to do it?! It’s an interesting balance now with no till. I dont want to disturb it although they do have to be planted. I agree with you and isolate holes and go.
My acute droop bye the way was a water issue. Sorry to alarm y’all. Dried out quickly yesterday. Little pots and big sun. I thought it was something seriously terrible. They have mostly recovered. Thank you very much.

3 Likes

They are so pissed at me​:rofl:. You hit the nail on the head. So funny! Maybe they will get a sense of humor from the experience. :disappointed_relieved: Whew! They are recovering and still upset. :+1:

2 Likes

Could I go about the same size as the biodegrade jiffy’s and Just place them in?

1 Like

Definitely, especially after gold leaf :grin:

So your going straight into a ground bed? If you have clay in your area, causing the hard ground, gypsum mixed in the hole will help. It all depends on what soil your dealing with to start. Is it good fertile soil? Without stuff (plants, animal, bugs, etc) dying and decomposing on top of it over time, then there’s no nutrients being added. If it doesn’t look like a handful of soil from the forest floor, then you’ll probably need some biochar, compost and other amendments and minerals to start. Grow after grow you topdress layers of organic materials and that breakdown. Layer after layer becomes good fertile soil.There is then, no need to till. Tilling kills off the beneficial microbes that break stuff down and help feed the plants.
I hope that helps. Sorry if it’s more info than you wanted. The Peyote Zkittlez has me rambling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

I do love Gold Leaf
Here’s my GL from last year

5 Likes

Yup that’s right but as mentioned by @GreenJewels it depends on soil condition you have at hand if not a tried and tested mix then u will want to condition the soil on your first run at no till, do it right from the get go and you will never look back

3 Likes

Thank you for noodling…yes, straight into the ground. I do from time to time have a clay issue In This area. I think it is not to bad after all of the years in this bed. . my soil I believe is pretty healthy. I have composted every other year. I Doug some small holes this year and topped w compost. I treated the ground with a mycos mix from Kelp 4 Less.

Did this in late March. The soil looks rich and lots of worms. No major rot on top. A couple heavy weed/grass clusters. O will weed this out. I feel it is healthy.:sneezing_face: Trying to incorporate companions as well for nutrition and pesky bug and people distraction. . A handful of sunflowers dill chamomile basil and some marigolds. Will be growing amongst tomato’s and peppers and the usual.
That GL was one beautiful sista! I am happy For you on that. My GL ended up Hermy.

2 Likes

And thank you for the gypsum idea.

2 Likes

Sounds like you should have a successful outdoor grow. The companion plants are a great idea.
Sorry to hear about your GL.

3 Likes

Happy belated Mother’s Day to all. ThAnk you for the positive support. Much appreciated.
Children pets and seedlings :heart: Nice caring! Question: Do you think when i drop the girls into their outdoor growing homes, (ooh baby, about two weeks) it would be ok to plant them deeper to compensate for the stretch that has occurred. …Kind of burry the pots in the earth up close to the first leaf on the stem?? Thinking I’ll maybe a make shift cut worm collar out of newspaper to wrap around to protect them Initially. I used to do this w tomato’s and it worked well. We did touch on this a little and I think it would probably be fine. How deep would you sink them?:grinning:. I hope all is well!:upside_down_face::crossed_fingers::blush:. Thank you and be safe.

2 Likes

Most of us do it with our seedlings. So you should be good! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes