2021 GDP. SWOG. CAL DRM . In NE USA

Doing real fine and I hope it’s the same for you!

No deck swabbing today, it’s raining here! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Chips Ahoy :cookie::blush:. … Any feeling on topping while still a semi seedling? I feel I will hit my 5th node this week on my lil jiffy’s. Already started. Would you top before transplanting due to wanting to do this and being at the 5th node?
I have 1 Gold Leaf that I transplanted into a larg pot for the rest of her 2021 Life. I mentioned her early on. I topped her when she reached the 5th node.

Seems to be spreading out beautifully.
Would you do the little girls while they are still in jiffy’s. Thanks @PP3121 to be in the loop as well.
Many blessings.:hatching_chick:

2 Likes

If planting outdoors, space not an issue? I would let them go naturally. If discretion and safety are issues, you may want to LST them instead of topping. Although many growers have great success with HST techniques. Fimming is more recommended for autos.

Continued success.

1 Like

Thank you. I hope all is well.
I topped them yesterday… one smushed a tiny bit. Call that a Fimm? I did leave one alone. image|375x500

I may have somehow initially represented 2021 as Autos. My girls are all Fems. No autos. I normally do not top. My plants went so tall last season I couldn’t tend the top third. Got outwitted by a couple nasty worms up there. Had to cut out some rot. That is why I wanted to try to get a little less height. I do have room. Being a little careful is always a good idea. Do you think we will be ok? Thanks for all of your help.

1 Like

Well on your way. Looking forward to the progress… especially how differently they will grow. Best of luck.

1 Like

Deffinitly seeing some growth differences already. I unfortunately have a small step backwards… something is munching these baby’s. Some munching and a couple little holes.

Any ideas? Have been all indoor and recently a little time in the fresh air and back in. Thank you.

1 Like

@kaptain3d @PP3121 took another snap this morning. Possibly aphids??. I see like some little fruit flys. The kind you would see around bananas on the counter for a few days. Looks as everything is being slowly eaten. All are kinda residing on the same table. Gold leaf is the largest. Staying in a pot is her future.

The smaller dudettes are going in the ground. any insight into the culprit. Somebody is getting fat! Thanks. Hope all is well.

3 Likes

I can’t really see anything… :man_facepalming:
Maybe @Oldguy, @Covertgrower or @shindig153, to tag just a few, might know! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag @kaptain3d

@Larryyeahmon You Don’t happen to have a cat around the neighbourhood do you . :thinking:
Looks like bite marks on the leaf with the holes in it.
The small flyers sound like fungus gnats.

:v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Hey brother. Thank you. Nice to hear from you. I am lol. Oh Flick, “ can you get out of those plants please”. That cat! How about that.

:joy: too funny! No wonder he is a little loopy. Thanks.

4 Likes

Any time. :+1:
Recognized the marks from when I had a cat.
:joy::+1:

:v::pray::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Almost every time it’s the cat. Just ask @Nicky
Puts some fresh catnip out, and it might save a few of your plants. :wink::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hahaha to funny!

My kitty is well behaved but I totally do grow cat nip and cat grass, my cat doesn’t like the catnip but he loves the cat grass.

Hes always in the grow room with me or my girl.

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful kitty next to some juicy nuggs. Great combo.

1 Like

So that’s why they come with nine lives🙀. Ok. Flick (my man) possibly left behind his pet…image any ideas on this specimen? Very windy day. This is the first time I have seen him.

Does anyone have a suggestion for planting these seedlings. I decided to go no till. Seems like a great idea… Big change for me. Garden seems a is a bit compacted. I have composted and used a mycos soil treatment formula. Garden has been waiting since end of March. No till? I always till loose and easy 10-15 inches deep by now. Not a tine spin once this year!!! Do you just loosen an immediate area to plant. I’m use to very loose soil. Trying to keep healthy soil and try to save the ozone layer. Seems like this will be a fight for the roots. Any-planting ideas for this circumstance. Im a little concerned for this entirely different change for me. For the girls!! Paradigm shift! Tilling seems very easy, although I parked the tiller. Good day all😊. Darn cats! Thank you.

2 Likes

I was also wondering about that! :thinking:
Let’s tag some big guns : @GreenJewels, @Hoppiefrog, @hoppiebunny, @Budbrother, @Oldguy
What do you say friends?

4 Likes

If u are using a living soil mix and microbes/enzymes/em1 you will not have compaction issues . All you want is a hole the same size as root ball.minimize the disturbance of the rhizosphere for best results

4 Likes

Thank you. Oh no. Take a look at this. Over night. Any ideas. Was a little dry. Hopefully will bounce back.

S o a g. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes