2019 Mid North coast aussie grow

Hi all im going to try to keep a grow journal for this year’s aussie outdoor grow ( mid north coast ) im only new to the area so its a learning experience for me this year as im from a hot dry climate far NW NSW and now im here warm humid climate, soil and everything is different.
**here we go ** “pulls cone” :kissing::dash:
Off to a hit and miss start from reg seeds found in weed ive brought over the years i sowed 2 times so plants are 2 to 3 weeks apart sown 26-8-19 and 6-9-19 … 10 seeds each time. 4 and 6 germination
Im going to be lazy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and skip the long details up til now sorry but ask if you want to know anything.
5-11-19 lost 2 plants ( male ) 5 are showing female preflowers, 1 flowering, 4 still to sex and 3 female clones i cut 2-11-19 (1st time cloning)
2 plants finally in the ground today :grinning: roots were starting to grow around pots hopefully get the others in tomorrow.

Bit long so ill leave it here for now :v: :kissing::dash::call_me_hand::green_heart: thank you for reading hopefully i might teach you something or give you ideas and some people hopefully can help me learn too :slightly_smiling_face::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Curious to see how it’s done on the other side. ( I’m eastern Canada ).
Good luck with ur grow. :+1::v:

1 Like

Thank you @Oldguy ill definitely do a full journal next season this one is a late starter due to only just finding this forum (been reading ilgm grow advice for a year or 2 then stumbled apon this )

1 Like

Days are getting longer hopefully they turn back to veg as i had them at my veggie garden and a security scare made me move them and the only safeish place is a little more shaded in the afternoon

1 Like

Clones are doing well day 3 slightly rasied crate for more air flow colder today than i would like 5-11-19
Clones done 2-11 late arvo in rooting powder, jiffy pots and soil and domed in my veggie garden part sun which i use shade cloth to lower the heat.
1st time cloning pot done other stuff before so a bit rushed/slapped together

1 Like

@kettle come along for the ride mate :call_me_hand::green_heart: im west of nambucca heads around 15km from the beach :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

By those photos I now understand how you have tremendous brush fires! I’d fear for my plants nestled in among all that dry kindling. I wouldn’t sleep at night if that were my backyard! I’d have outdoor smoke detectors!

Yea its dry here atm hopefully should green up within a few months from what i seen in February last year when i visited up here :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

5-11 got 2 more seedlings from what i planted months ago well 1 on 3-11 and 1 around 15-10

1 Like

Hopefully it will rain one day soon til then im setting up water storage close by to cut the trips so stay tuned for my wild ideas to also catch/store rain water in a bush grow

2 Likes

@420LifeAUS , G’day , I’m in south Qld . I’ve been thinking the same thing . How do I minimize having to take water to my bush site . I’ve been reading lots on this forum . There’s people who’ll dig 3-4 foot deep holes and either use those water crystals or something like composted material at the bottom of the hole . And slowly fill in , soak more water in and fill more . One person dug down and planted at bottom of the hole ( plant was about 16 inches i think 45 cm appox ) then filled in till four leaves where only showing . Just to get roots closer to water table . I’ve been thinking about putting a 20 ltr bucket filled with clay ball and covered with kucks cloth and put into a 60-70 cm deep hole then fill in . Oh and add water to it before covering it . Then plant off to the side . Have you thought about using beneficial bacteria, like white shark ? Happy growing

1 Like

@Kan72 hey mate Ive heard/ read many ways to catch and store water some to be covered soon and as for soil retention i previously have used water crystals but this year i haven’t due to the rush with moving and being broke from the move, its always super dry where i moved from so water was a big problem, i was hoping the coast i wouldn’t have to water as much ( so far watering every few days as they are in pots). I haven’t really looked to much into the beneficial bacteria but you now have me intrigued ill have to have a read up on it

1 Like

I’m researching from the mid north coast too, kinda worried about growing outdoors so close to the coast. And level 4 restrictions coming in within months they reckon

1 Like

Main thing i learnt in the desert is water storage is key for when you do get rain save what you can ill be posting more tonight on it as im going scrub again to plant from pots to soil this arvo and tomorrow ill be setting up water capture/ storage :slightly_smiling_face:

6-11 clones are 4 days old looking ok no wilt yet im misting 5 to 7 times a day depends on their dryness

1 Like

@FLF the coast is beautiful grow country most soil is good and lots of forest with cover and its meant to rain heaps but yet to see that lol … avg 1500mm rain here and where im from avg is 400mm annual big difference plus i use rain water and pond water

1 Like

6-11 plants looking ok i give the 2 i planted out yesterday nutes and watered everything else i ran out of time so never got anymore in the ground but i will tomorrow and ill post photo of nutes used soon.

3 Likes

looking great bud, yes water harvesting may be vital if the summer is anything like last summer…
I love gorilla grows, best of luck to u… leave no tracks…:grin:

2 Likes

Thank you …Yes ive got a few ideas im going to post later tonight on water, leave no tracks is one of the BIGGEST rules same as rubbish or anything that stands out :slightly_smiling_face:… there are deer and wallabys around here which i use there pads as much as possible and try to travel under trees/ cover but super worried about them eating my baby’s tho so ive been taking extra beer when i go so i make sure i can piss around there as much as possible :joy:

2 Likes