2019 Late September Drops--Bountiful Buds

Not much change with September debating on what to do with her. I may just chop pictures to come. I am pretty much giving up on her. I may just put her in south facing window and water her and see what happens.

Curious, have you tried leaving her in an extended dark period?

1 Like

Will try that tonight going to give her 3 days darkness can’t get much worse going to close the tent for 3 days no light. Thanks @Konflict

2 Likes

If your throwing in the towel why not. Id see what 5-7 days total darkness would do if everything is still going smoothly on the 3rd day of dark.

2 Likes

So, what was her final say?

hi blackthumbbetty
can I ask a question I saw a post with self watering containers are you still using their style and maybe can you look at my post I had a couple questions and tell me what you think?
It’s the only post that I have made someday I’ll learn how to add the link on my phone
You’ll have to cut and paste sorry

2 Likes

Hi! @nubeseed Use the @ in front of someone’s name to tag them. Like this: @blackthumbbetty

1 Like

You won’t want to do any top feeding once the roots are established. You want the roots reaching down into the reservoir, which is where their food/water will be. If you top feed with this system, all sorts of nutrient issues can occur.

It looks like a nicely made set-up.

2 Likes

@blackthumbbetty thanks for the info

Thank for the complement on my construction skills :smiley:

I did not think this was a hydro system but i guess in the end it turns into one thinking about it.
My concerns maybe you can clear my thinking up LOL

If the wick is wet all the time can that cause fungi to grow on the roots I have been this could happen? have you seen this in your system? is it a concern i need to watch so, what should I use for the wick media?
and Air stone with air pump is needed?

Thanks for the help :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am not an expert on this method, myself. The wick medium can be the same as the rest. That’s what I did. Best medium mix is coco and perlite OR peat and perlite.

If done properly, your roots will stay healthy.

An air stone spreads out the air better than an open hose.

It’s a hybrid system. Do not let hydro people get you in trouble. This has slightly different rules than straight hydro or straight soilless (coco & peat).

Search “autopots” in the search bar to see a myriad of different grows/techniques

1 Like

Maybe @kettle @peachfuzz
could be of assistance?
They both know hydro exceedingly well :v:

2 Likes

I have made hybrid soil/hydro systems in the past with a wicking system for watering… :+1::grin:
Didn’t see any pics of the system that the poster is using…
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Is it just me

Or does this fabric have Pot leaves?

4 Likes

It’s not just you :grin: It’s filled with very colorful pot leaves :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

This was such a fun entertaining thread. Quite a few peeps I don’t see around anymore like @Haildamaged and @DoobieNoobie I haven’t seen @Witchhouse either

5 Likes

has anyone heard anything from Jimmy? :sleepy:

3 Likes

It’s been a while but I’ve heard he is ok. Idk what happened but I hope ok is good and I hope we see him back one day. I think @DoobieNoobie was who had some contact with family or something. I don’t see him around either though. I hope he’s doing good too.

3 Likes

:pray:

4 Likes

I remember this post it was just from over a year ago :frowning:

2 Likes

typical asshole cop… get a sense of humor