2018 Autumn Autos-dropped 8/27

Sad news on the seed front. My place ran out of panama lime and called to ask what I wanted instead. I said anything sativa so they sent me the Jamaica berry. Hopefully you get a good result with it so I know what to expect lol. I’m following your lead I guess. First bloody skunk now the jamaican berry lol.

2 Likes

The blind leading the blind? :grinning:

So far, both strains are doing very well. Jamaican Berry is starting her stetch, looking more & more sativa-y by the day. Bloody Skunk is growing exactly like the breeder’s description.

Bummer that your first choice was n/a. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Yeah he said they sold out fast and I was seconds to late. I was really looking forward to it. Hopefully they’ll get it back in stock and I can grab some.

1 Like

My goal over the next week is to get my runoff pH down to 6.2-6.4. So far, not showing any pH problems…I don’t think.

Sour Melon is really hungry for phosphorus, though (red/purple petioles, and one or two leaves with red veins). Think Sour Melon is hungry b/c she’s so bushy & laden with colas? Or is it from the run-off pH being 6.6? She has double the foliage & buds of all others, but I’ve been feeding her the same strength of food as the others.

2 Likes

Sounds like she is hungry because she is hungry :joy:. No tds?

Not for this grow. TDS doesn’t really work for Earth Juice. She was fed Monday (er bloom nutes only) and yesterday. I have been using the medium strength dose, but maybe I need to boost that up to the strong/extra strong dose for her, especially now that she’s a qb girl.

Remember, she started drooping Sunday & showed red petioles, then. Monday, moved her to the qb tent (had to move a a tall qb girl to the blurple tent) & gave her 1 gallon of er nutes. 3 days later, Thursday, was a regular feeding day, and she got 1.5 gallons of nutes (run-off pH of 6.6).

I guess it takes longer than 3 days to see improvement…but b/c of my stupidity re: not calibrating my pH pen, I’m just worried. Not showing any signs of a typical pH lockout, though, so I know I shouldn’t be overly worried.

So far, seems my microbes are holding up their end as best as they can. If this had been a grow using chemical nutes, I think I’d be up a creek without a paddle.

This is why I went with promix & Earth Juice. I know I am a crap farmer & need all the help nature can give me.

2 Likes

Well…I did some things.

Today was watering day for Sweet Tooth. I watered her til runoff with pH 5.6 h2o; runoff was 7.2!! So, since she has purple petioles & her run-off was super high, I decided to go ahead & give her bloom, catalyst, nirvana, and some Persephone…unbubbled & unpH’d at 3.6 (eek); runoff was 6.3. Barring any stress issues stemming from my method, Sweet Tooth should be peachy keen.

Sour Melon…well, after my “success” with Sweet Tooth, I threw caution to the wind & fed SM a gallon of the same mix as ST, but the run-off was still 6.8. I said screw this, took her to the tub and gave that girl 2 gallons of pH’d 5.5 tap water, which brought it down to 6.6…and flushed most of the food I had just given her out. So, I re-fed her a half gallon of strong mix of unpH’d bloom/cat/meta k/persephone/nirvana/root trio, and got a final run-off of 6.0. A bit low, now, but…

From here out, I will only pH their bubbled nutes up to 5.5-5.8 max (they tend to be at about 4.8, once bubbled) & pH water to 6.3 (unless problems develop). I need to let the microbes do their jobs. I will check runoff once a week. This is not a promix issue. This is a dumb lady thought she knew what she was doing with organic nutes but ignored the pH thing because she’s a dumbass…a dumbass who also didn’t calibrate her pH pen at any point during this grow until Monday.

Like I said: I did some things. Not sure they were the right things, but I did them. I only did them to my 2 droopy, purple petioled girls, though.

Guess I’ll find out soon enough.

1 Like

Also, my vpd is now in range, albeit low, at 1.30. That’s the daytime. Will add heat at night.

Do u have that chart handy?

1 Like

I do, but I can’t get anything to upload, right now. As soon as my internet is back properly, I’ll post it. I used the info & chart shared up above by nostril.

@PurpNGold74 here it is:

2 Likes

Getting ready to prep Monday’s meal for Sweet Tooth, Blue Cheese, J Berry, Blue Dream, and Pineapple Crack. Thought I’d post a pic (if the internet lets me) of my nute cupboard & feed station. The white powder you see everywhere is diatomaceous earth. I don’t play around with bugs getting in/on/near my grow supplies.

At one point, a few years ago, I used this cupboard to start seeds.

3 Likes

To 4.5 gallons of r/o water I added: 9 tbsp bloom, 2 tsp grow, 4.5 tsp catalyst, and. 4.5 tsp meta k. After it’s bubbled til Monday a.m., I’ll add 4.5 tbsp of Persephone. Then, to 2 ¾ gallons of the mix I will add 4.5 tsp each of Root Trio, for JB, BD, and PC.

I am using a 4" disc & 2 4" bars to bubble the nutes, using 2 5watt aquarium pumps.

Only pHing up to 5.5, if necessary.

Here’s a pic of everybody. They’re all between 42-51 days from germination.

You can see a few leaves on Sour Melon showing phosphorus deficiency, which I hope I corrected yesterday.

Also, Blue Cheese & JBerry are showing some burnt tippy-top tips, but that’s from having the blurples too close for a few days while I was trying to gauge the best height for them in the new tent configuration. I think I have the heights ok, now, but since Blue Cheese was a qb girl, she’s still adjusting. JBerry is just going so fast, every day I have to move the light higher over her. Soon, I’ll be able to take her off her booster seat.

4 Likes

Set-up a heater in my grow room during lights out. Hoping to get my tent temps at 70 over night & keep the humidity in range for proper vpd. I have daytime dialed in, but I have been letting my lights off temp alone…as I’ve always done. Figured if I’m going to worry about the daytime vpd, I also need to worry about lights off, too. Otherwise, whatever good I do during the day will just be negated at night.

Also, Sweet Tooth has no droop whatsoever, not even bedtime droop. Only Sour Melon & Jberry (just started a few days ago) are showing any bedtime droop. During the day, Jberry is perfect! Sour Melon is getting there.

After doing more reading, I’m feeling better about my new game plan of pH adjusting (or not). Funny, I had already read that, but for some reason I didn’t trust it. Too often pH has bit me on the ass, so I didn’t want to risk anything. Well, wtf do I know, seriously?! Luckily, this time it was just a butt-gumming…so close! Lol!

402cc1c6a59cfa28d3cbdc4849d0ea9689b9bcf8_hq (from the movie, “The Scout’s Guide To the Zombie Apocalypse”)

4 Likes

Click the link & download this pdf from Cornell University on managing pH in container media: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.greenhouse.cornell.edu/crops/factsheets/pHarticl.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjqobX8n5feAhVmqoMKHWEQAg0QFjAOegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3ZIOlhppqPu-at2h4V2euj

2 Likes

Never heard that one before but its safe to said ill be using it. :wink::joy:

2 Likes

Yes one day I would love to see the Northern Lights also. They look so amazing! My dog loves that kind of weather also. The colder it is getting here the more he is loving it.

2 Likes

Got my dehumidifier set-up for lights off. So, once the lights & humidifier are off for the day, I’ll switch on my tent’s dehumidifier, and my grow room’s heater.

All’s looking good.

4 Likes

I’ll be feeding 5 of the girls in a few minutes. Thought I’d share some pics. They’re getting too big for me to be able to fit them into one of those collages w/o cropping a lot of the pics, so you’ll have to slog through individual pics. :grinning:

Ok, well, I did make one collage, but Sweet Tooth is slightly cut-off. I’d say Sour Melon (aka droopy drawers) has out grown that nickname.

Here’s my girl, Pineapple Crack. Damn, can you believe she started out weak & twisted?

Here are the Blurple girls, minus blurple, plus camera flash:

3 Likes

They all look much better since you got the humidity dialed in.

2 Likes

But wait, there’s more!

Jamaican Berry is growing like a weed! Check out the 2 different humidity readings, too. I will never negate humidity, again. Even if I don’t get the vpd perfect, it’s waaaaay better than it has EVER been. The plants love it.

Bloody Skunk is turning into one ginormous monster cola! I love it!

4 Likes