2018 Autumn Autos-dropped 8/27

Also, yesterday afternoon I started a meal bubbling for Bloody Skunk & Sour melon: 2 gal r/o water, 3 tbsp bloom, 1.5 tsp microblast, 1.5 tsp catalyst, and 2.25 tsp meta k. After it’s bubbled, I’ll add 1.5 tbsp Persephone & 2.25 tsp Nirvana.

Tomorrow is Day 49 from germination for Sour Melon, Bloody Skunk, and Jamaican Berry.

1 Like

I think you’re worrying too much. I would just treat her like the others and see how she does.

4 Likes

I am absolutely worrying too much! Lol!

My last “bad” grow started out amazingly well, then a couple weeks into bloom, it all went to shit. In the back of my head, I’m always waiting for that to happen, again.

She has no other outward signs of issues, she’s just droopy.

Plus…out of resin. Only nasty rso to puff on (oh, yeah, I’m smoking that crap). I need weed to keep my thoughts from racing & me going full out Chicken Little about everything.

Sadly, though, Chicken Little was correct, at least once. And thus begins my descent into the Land of Get the Hell Out of My Own Head.

5 Likes

In fact, just to be on the safe side, for the next couple of weeks, I will probably only post in my own thread. I don’t want to subject any unsuspecting people to my trains of thought while w/o good herb.

Me, disco skating myself to a nice quiet corner of the forumgiphy%20(12)

3 Likes

Someone send Betty a care package… STAT! :joy::joy: dang sorry the struggle has gotten real. Cmon girls… grow faster!

2 Likes

That Bloody Skunk should be ready in 28 days. That’s giving her 11 weeks.
The breeder claims 8-9 weeks, but that’s definitely not right, b/c she’s at week 7, now.

I could go buy some, but you know what: I have been very happy not to deal with those old cotchety, pervy dudes who think just b/c they grow/sell weed they can be racist & sexist a-holes.

See, sheesh, already I’m ready to just rant like crazy. Lol! I need to go smoke whatever I’ve got. Brb.

4 Likes

Haven’t smoked yet, just spent 5 minutes staring into my qb tent.

I have the light going at 260 watts, now, and those girls really are drinking a lot. I might have to water Pineapple Crack & Blue dream, today. JBerry in the blurple tent might need a drink, too. The other 4 are still nice & moist.

Ok, now time to go smoke something.

3 Likes

How the heck yall checking the wattage you have em running at? All i know is ive slowly crankd the knob a bit every 2-3 days. They are on their 3rd increase

I bought a reliance killawatt (blue meter with long power cord). I went with this model, b/c of the orientation of my power strip. You can buy ones that stay plugged in & keep constant record of your wattage. This one, you plug the device you’re testing into the back of the killawatt, then you plug the killawatt’s cord into your power supply.

My internet stalled mid-upload. I’m just going to post this to get you the info. I’ll try the pic again, later.

3 Likes

Thanks. Makes sense. Great explanation

1 Like

I decided to recalibrate my pH meter. Lol! She was off by almost 2 whole numbers. It read 9.0 in the 7.0 calibration solution.

I did Pineapple & Blue Dream before recalibrating. IN pH was 6.3. Originally, the run-off read 8.6. So, the runoff now reads 6.6. Incidentally, it took 22+ cups of h2o to get run-off from each plant.

Jamaican Berry was watered after recalibrating. I decided to go ahead & do 6.1 pH IN for her, and got runoff of 6.8.

Sour Melon’s slurry test came back at 6.6, after recalibration. It was at 8.6 before recalibration, too.

This leads to a new dilemma: I have been adjusting my pH to 6.4-6.5, using the old calibration. Now I’m all messed up. Lololol! Oh, well, guess I’ll just have to be more vigilant with feeding/watering to run-off each time & testing it until I know I’m putting the right pH in, now that I’m calibrated again.

All in all, I definitely dodged a bullet, here! I just knew the original slurry/run-off couldn’t be that far off, b/c my plants are thriving.

Hopefully, Jamaican Berry won’t show any issues, now.

4 Likes

Hey, @raustin. Lololol! Read above.

Also, grow room temps went down to 73 today, rather than staying at 79, and Sour Melon seems much happier. The temps had been staying down at 75 for most of the grow, so maybe she’s just super sensitive to temps?

My brain hurts from worry.

3 Likes

You tagged me and nothing there lol.

What you’re seeing with temps could just be vpd related and not isolated to solely temp issue.

1 Like

Vpd issue? What’s that?

Not having a temp issue with all, just one plant that all of a sudden got droopy. The only thing, besides underwatering, that I can think it being is the day it started drooping, I went away for the day, so I couldn’t open/close the window throughout the day to keep the grow temps down to 73-75; it was up to 80 when I got home. I know that’s a fine grow temp, but my girls had never gone much above 77 their whole lives.

I had tagged you before b/c my run-off tests were super high. I knew you had mentioned you used to grow with Earth Juice & promix? Was just wondering what you did re:ph-ing everything.

Then, I recalibrated my meter.

1 Like

Vapor pressure deficit. It makes my brain hurt much like I probably do to others with light stuff lol. But there are some charts that make it easier to see. To my understanding, it has to do with respiration of plants in temp vs humidity ideals.

So your rh has a range within your temp or temps have a range within your rh.

4 Likes

How do I fix that? Does that mean the rH needs raised/lowered? I understand the whole cold air holds less moisture vs warm air, and why day/night rh is different…but that’s about all. :grinning: My rh has been 38-40 day & 60-65 night.
The last day or two Temps have been 77-80 day, and 64 night.

She had been in the blurple tent, when the droop started. Next day, I had to rearrange the plants, so she became a qb girl.

1 Like

Ok, I found a chart & did some calculations. That absolutely makes 100% sense!!

1 Like

Ok good, because you would need someone smarter than me to explain it beyond getting you the chart lol

1 Like

So whats the verdict @blackthumbbetty regarding rh. Did you adjust your rh settings? Curious myself, I was under the impression that one would want a higher rh in the daytime than at night, but I’m still learning so disregard anything I say.
Enjoying your thread. :wink:

It came with a handy little equation, too. Plants work like straws, kind of, is the way I’m explaining it to my brain. The stomata are like fingers on top of the straw. They can stop the flow, hold the flow, or help the flow of nutrients/water, both in and out.

So, basically my VPD is too high & humidity is too low, causing her to close her stomata to conserve moisture, while at the same time preventing her from uptaking more moisture. I think that’s right, anyway?

Any insight into the Earth Juice/promix question?

5 Likes