2018 Autumn Autos-dropped 8/27

Good, they probably all could use some more water.

1 Like

In fact, more water for everyone!

Sweet Tooth showed droop last week, as mentioned in this journal, plus her petioles are pinkish, though I just fed her yesterday. I gave her 4 cups of the er bloom solution today, as well as 8 cups of h2o.

I gave Sour Melon 12 cups of er bloom solution & 4 cups of h2o.

Getting ready to give everyone else a deep drink, now.

4 Likes

Lurking as usual… but i like this idea :joy:

1 Like

Uhoh…which one? :grin:

Incidentally, Sour Melon’s main stalk is thicker than my thumb!

and hopefully not as black huh ! @blackthumbbetty

2 Likes

Lol! There’s still a long time left til harvest. This ol’ blackthumb still has time to swoop in & do its damage.

2 Likes

And 5 gallons later (1 of bloom nutes, 4 of water), everyone is thoroughly sloshed.

That’s a total of 8.5 gallons since yesterday at 7am.

5 Likes

i just came down from watering 17 in 5 gal bags used 16 gals two gals got 1/2 dose in gal of 0-8-2 worm/bat combo they showed i tiny bit of yellow and not as perky as their sisters.

1 Like

I guess I can’t complain! Shite, 16 gallons?!

Looks like we’re dealing with the same thing. I use Earth Juice, so there’s all sorts of poo, blood, and guts in there. I am loving these organic nutes, b/c I can make these additions w/o much fear of burning the plants.

They look like Christmas trees! Your girls are looking good.

1 Like

Thanks, @MamaMia! I hope I can keep them looking and smelling as great as they do. :joy:

How’s that pineapple haze of yours smell? Looks like she’s a stanky danky girl.

1 Like

I don’t always use my carbon scrubber but I must say I had to start early this time. These girls are stinking nice. She’s a Pineapple Chunk :wink:

1 Like

Sorry…stoned. Lol! I really meant Pineapple Chunk.

After feeding her her first bloom nutes Monday, Jamaican Berry is taking off. The two tallest colas probably grew 2 inches overnight.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if Sour Melon is starting to get root bound. She’s still droopy, not much improvement, if any. No real issues besides droop & the slightly pink petioles. I went in to grab a sample for a slurry test, and even at the edge of the pot, nothing but roots. In fact, I hope I didn’t hurt her, b/c I ended up with a tbsp of roots & just a wee bit of promix.

I don’t have a bigger pot, though. Nor would I transplant an auto…especially one in bloom. Thinking, if it is rootbound, I would do the double stack the pot trick using a 2nd 5 gallon pot. I know she’s in a fabric pot, so getting rootbound shouldn’t be an issue.

Thoughts?

If she’s getting rootbound just water and feed her more. Not much else you can do.

Always gotta be something. Can’t just grow a nice plant, can I? :joy:

I just don’t want her vascular system to fail with all this drooping. One day she was perfect, next day drooping. Nothing in the environment had changed for the droop to occur, except I did change the light to 16/8 last Thursday; she started drooping Sunday afternoon.

Now, I’ve given her tons of water, even some nutes, and no change in 2-3 days. Frankly I’d rather cull her than struggle along with her drooping away for another 8 weeks.

1 Like

Fyi…I really won’t cull her…just empty threats that I hope she’s paying attention to.

I’ll post some comparison pics, soon.

Here we go, 24 hours apart:

2 Likes

See, I’m thinking that on Saturday, I may have actually over watered her, b/c she didn’t really need it. I knew I wouldn’t be able to tend to her much Sunday, so I watered everyone Saturday, but she was still damp from her Thursday feeding.

I’m clutching at straws, here, I know. But if she was underwatered, after 2+ days of being well-hydrated, I expected her to bounce back by now. If you all think she needs even more water, I’ll give her more, but the promix is absolutely thoroughly wet, right now.

1 Like