20 hours and it opened already - what next?

This is my very first attempt at growing.
Just 20 hours ago I put two ILGM White Widow Autoflower seeds into glasses of water. One of them has already cracked open! Should I still move it to a wet paper towel and let it grow for a little bit, or transfer it directly to one of the Rockwool cubes I bought?
I’m excited, impressed and full of anxiety all at the same time…

2 Likes

@TommyBahama Are you doing soil if so you won’t need the cubes they are for getting wet putting seed in hole and let it germ that way and it will grow in it if it’s soil I just make a 1/4 in hole and set it in and spray it a few times a day You can let it get longer or start it

2 Likes

Mazel tov​:tada::tada: :beers::beers::beers:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your first seed pop! You can put that seed straight into some soil, or you can do the paper towel thing. Personally, I don’t like the paper towel method. Your seed has a nice taproot showing, so I would put it into a pot of soil and mist the surface. That’s it.

3 Likes

Yes what @raustin said

2 Likes

Welcome to forum!! I am new to growing but my advice in addition to @Hogmaster 's advice is to use a humidity dome. A 20oz clear soda bottle will work, cut in half…you now have humid dome. Hope you do a journal.

2 Likes

2 L bottles I’ve used Powerade bottles even clear solo cups for a dome hell even plastic wrap

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! I am planting in soil, so I will get it moved over and make a humidity dome ASAP.

3 Likes

Congrats!!

Your first grow is so exciting.

I know you’ve been around so you have done some homework. Just keep in mind it’s a plant. Let it grow. Don’t over love it. Let your plant tell you what it wants and needs. There’s no true guide Bc they all have different needs.

I’m sure u will love growing. It’s awesome. Happy growing.

4 Likes

Don’t over love it is the best and hardest advise to follow

3 Likes

Took the words right out of my mouth

Courious… what is the purpose of the “dome” over the seedling???,

It keeps the humidity up for small seedlings. They need the high humidity.

1 Like

@TommyBahama congrats on your start.
I’m going to be doing the same thing as soon as I figure out what medium I plan on. I have five seeds, Maui W. Love the pics, I hope you keep posting and do a grow journal.
This is my first time growing and first time on this site.
Aprildog

Thanks. I did start a grow journal. I’m going to update it in just a few minutes, as a matter of fact. You can find it here:

https://ilgmforum.com/t/100-beginner-on-a-reasonable-budget/23547/27

Nice looking little girl!! Thanks for the reply. I tried to reply via IGLM but it seems to not always like my user name and/or password.

Happy growing.