20 Days in April - The Contest!

I think 7 oz dry on a plant is a decent yield. I wouldn’t complain

I never try for a pound plant nor would I.

@Justgrowin… I just try to grow nice plants and hope for a decent yield… I took an up close pic of more amber color on the buds but it wouldn’t take, it was too big… I’ll take a pic of the cola after she dries & weigh her again… :seedling::+1:

5 Likes

That’s right before harvest?

Oh man I hope not. That plant has weeks left. Nice looking plant just not ready for the chop. :grimacing:

1 Like

@Justgrowin… she doesn’t have weeks left! She’s 14 wks old, in flower 8 wks or more, I don’t veg for 2 months anymore. The pic of the cola was taken in my bathroom and it was too dark. She’s full of amber & trichomes and getting very dry… she’s good, you’ll see after I take pic in a week it’s always hard to tell in my pics.

She has lots of white pistils and looks like she will fatten up a lot more.

I blew it up. She has several weeks to go

Anyone see what I’m seeing?

@raustin @dbrn32 @TDubWilly @BIGE @Sirsmokes @FloridaSon

6 Likes

@Justgrowin… how many weeks are you growing your photos? The lighting looks that way but she’s fat & ready and a lot of amber. When the trichomes start to disappear I get nervous. It’s all good… several weeks? How many?

Man I hate giving people bad news. That plant has at least 3 weeks left. I would even say it may have been 4. All pistils are white. The trichs mature and die off all through flowering. That’s why it’s best not to start checking them until the pistils have 80% turned orange and start receding back into the bud. That set of trichs are the set u want to “color”.

I feel bad. U have been here a while and no one has said anything. U have lost a lot of yield. The most bulk comes in the last 10 days or so.

1 Like

Photos I veg for 6 weeks on average. Depends what I want to do with the plant and how much room I have in my flower room. When 1 gets harvested another gets flipped from my veg room.

Depending on the strain they will take anywhere from 10-16 weeks after flip to b ready.

I haven’t even started checking trichs on this plant Bc the hairs are still too white. And yours are more white

Your leaves will b a sign as well. Yours are still very green and show no signs of canabolism.

2 Likes

There are VERY FEW plants that will b ready 8 weeks in. Is that from flip or pistils. If it’s from flip she has been in flower around 6 weeks or so. Ya she had like 3-4 weeks left. How long u veg makes no difference. Flower time is the next phase and count starts all over.

1 Like

@Justgrowin… I tried to use pic that I blew up but it was too big and I already cut her so I used another pic but… she looks white but she’s not. I know about the leaves drying up. I really don’t have the room or weed so I took her. She’s got more yellow and amber than you can see from that particular pic but I guess I’m not as good a grower as you. I feel bad… I have never grown one plant for 5 months, I must be taking all of them early, idk :neutral_face: it’s ok, I don’t need to be in contest, I’m having a rough summer… thanks, it’s all good to know, it’s all good :grimacing::seedling:

1 Like

Oh no I sure hope I didn’t come off that way. I’m just trying to help u have the best harvest u can. I know I come across short sometimes. It’s not really that, I’m just a lazy typist.

An indoor photo on average takes 5 mos. 2 weeks as a seedling, 4 weeks veg, 1-2 weeks transition and give or take 3 mos flower.

Yeah, I agree with @anon95385719, that plant could’ve gone a few weeks longer. There are still white pistils on her.

2 Likes

@Justgrowin… no you didn’t come off that way… I was being serious. This wasn’t a good time for me to enter a contest with my husband in hospital and I ran outta weed… but the pistils are not white, they are white/yellow/amber & according to Robert it is ready if you want it to be… I tried to tell you just not good time for me to be in contest & I NEEDED MY WEED :joy: the yield is smaller but the quality is great & I’ll take a pic of that cola when it dries & you’ll see all the amber. I’m sticking with autos until I have enough weed to wait the 5 months out… thanks for all your help & I’m fine with everything you said, I still need to be taught & reminded. Right now I need to chill out & enjoy my weed & the rest of the summer, it’s been a rough one… now driving company to airport got ticket for “move over law” I knew nothing about! I need a break :grimacing::seedling::leaves:

2 Likes

Ok I just don’t want to come off as condescending to anyone. And believe me if anyone can understand your summer it’s me. I am redoing all 3 of my grow rooms Bc they flooded. That is how my summer has been going too.

U can harvest your plants as u like them. I just wanted to pass some info.

Thank you @anon95385719. I’m happy with it as well, it didn’t need cold temps to change, my grow room was in the 80’s to 90’s. I have her clones and I’m ready to get my next grow goin. Hope everyone has a wonderful day

1 Like

Damn @bonnie1 I told you on your thread she had weeks left! :frowning:

Damn @Blasting… I won’t be scolded anymore!! What don’t you understand… I ran out of weed & this plant is done enough for me! That’s all that matters… you guys are toooo much, wow :joy: I’m chilling out now, :v:

4 Likes

I really hope u don’t think that’s what’s going on. You are a grown woman and can chop when u want. We are just here to help u get the best product possible. If that’s perfect for u, it was harvest time

2 Likes

Im sorry if you got it that way! You were asking for advice earlier this week and I tried to help, I love to grow and I love to help so I find this sad but hey just as @anon95385719 said youre a grown women and you do what you want :wink: also sorry if im sometimes hard to understand english is not my main language!

Hope you have a good day and that weed is still good!

Going by the trichomes, if you are sure they are amber, trumps all other ways of recognizing when a harvest is ready because you are literally looking at the THC, however they all go hand in hand for the most part.

What I mean by that is when you reach the amount of amber you want then there is usually a certain amount of withered pistols that go with that, the bud have fattened to a certain point also.

If your trikes are amber then harvest but what I think @anon95385719 is saying is the other tale tale harvesting signs are not lining up at this stage with the trikes being amber

4 Likes