20 Days in April - The Contest!

Hey did you manage to get on to the lab forum yet?

Nope no invite yet

Ok, I’ll see what’s going on.

Today’s update, 34 days and not so happy as Butterfingers was raising the light, it slipped, and the top two inches of the plant are no more.

No sense it trying to root what broke off, not with an auto, and luckily it was only the very top of the plant which seems to have suffered and there’s still plenty more bud sites.

I’ll get something off her, maybe slightly less than I would have, but I am SERIOUSLY annoyed.

1 Like

Oh no. That sucks. Hopefully she bounces back and wants to whop u one after u cut her down

Only lost the very top 3 or 4 flowers, nothing else looks damaged so she should bounce back. I got lucky.

1 Like

Sarah, 20 Days sense cut

She isn’t now a whooping 11 1/2”! She’s freaking getting taller. I thought she was done but she is apparently wanted to grow another’s inch for good “measure” :face_with_monocle::joy: no pun intended lolol

4 Likes

Thelma had a baby today! One of the tops kept insisting on outgrowing everyone else so off it came. This is her where I cut her baby off

And this is her bouncing baby girl!

Wonder what it will grow like since I just topped this less than a week ago

5 Likes

Think I got the humidity high enough ? Lol

4 Likes

Well I accidentally flipped Mari to flower last night. After I put her in the 3 gal pot I was keeping her in the scrog tent as that was the only place she would fit. Last night when I did lights out for the GL tent - I spontaneously decided it was time to go 12/12 in the other 3x3. I forgot she was in there until this morning when the lights came on. :frowning:

So we will see how she does. I would have liked her to be bigger (she doesn’t even reach the net) but maybe being in the tent with her sisters will inspire her to grow :+1:t3:

5 Likes

She will soon. That stretch will put her where U want her to b.

Nice healthy looking plants!

3 Likes

Well here’s Betty today. She jumped up to over a foot tall and 16 to 17 inches wide after her first feed. I was very pleased about this weeks growth. I have a feeling that she may be a real contender if she keeps it up. She’s certainly looking beautiful. Here’s a few pictures of her showing off.

Oh and let’s start a little side conversation about weather to top your plants or not. If grow space isn’t really a concern why should you top. Doesn’t putting extra unnecessary stress on a plant hurt growth or harvest potential? If you don’t top will the harvest not be up to it’s potential? If you aren’t doing scrog or don’t worry about room size should you top?

6 Likes

You’re absolutely right, there’s really no reason to top if you have vertical space to let them grow. Outdoor growers rarely do things we indoor growers do, like topping, because they have no height restrictions.

1 Like

I topped because I thought it would help keep me from having the top cola taller than the rest. Keeping a more even plant. My thinking could be all wrong though.

3 Likes

You’re correct. That’s a way of getting bushy and wide instead of tall and lanky

2 Likes

thanks, I thought that was the deal but I can be good at mixing info up with all I read.

2 Likes

Well, here’s the latest update on day 36 after the accidental topping a couple of days ago, looks like the little bugger didn’t skip a beat.

If you look closely you’ll see that the good old ty-raps have been put into use again just to gently pull everything in closer so everything is more directly under the panel to get as much light as possible.

So somehow she’s still alive, and is a tough little mofo

4 Likes

Betsy day 41 :grin:

4 Likes

What light are you using? That is way closer than I could get my lights. Your plant looks great though. That picture almost looks like it could be my AK I am doing right now.

Described earlier, 4.9m SMD 5730 superbright, 120 led/m, 3000k flexible strip and 4.9m SMD 5050 4 red:1 blue 60 led/m blurple flexible strip running 12v constant voltage. Indicated 50k lux is easy, total cost was €35 for parts as the plate was an old computer side panel I could carve to size and, well, my time is nothing nowadays. Hangs on good sisal string, until this idiot manages to drop the damn thing when adjusting height to suit growing plant. Pulls 137w from the wall, temp on led side never goes above 26°C as heat radiates out via the back plate.

Is on 12/12 just now, but has been running up to 18 hours per day since January without a hiccup or bad LED. Once I get a successful grow or two in, then upgrades will happen.

1 Like