20 Days in April - The Contest!

5 Likes

I love a good experiment. I do one on at least one plant each grow.

2 Likes

Rasta, 16 days old, think its time to start nutes? @raustin

4 Likes

Are the feeder leaves still green, or have they gone yellow?

1 Like

Light green but still there and not drooping yet. @raustin

Good mental note, is if the feeder leafs are still green and there, you don’t need to feed. When they start to yellow, and fall off, you’re good to feed! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Cool, Thanks that is what I remembered but with failing memory thought I’d ask. @psychEDM

1 Like

She looks really healthy and a nice green color. You could feed her, but I think I’d wait a few days. She looks like she could use some water though.

2 Likes

I let her get a little dry today, pretty hot outside. She has been watered and is ready for a little shut eye. @raustin

1 Like

It’s good practice to let them dry out a bit between waterings.

2 Likes

Mari seems to have taken the topping in stride. Just plain ph water today.

7 Likes

Mari is looking beautiful!

Thanks @raustin - here is a side view

She is growing nicely - these DIY lights are the bomb - I am struggling to keep all the plants in check

6 Likes

I know, I love my light. Oh, and I guess the plants love it too.

2 Likes

Further to yesterday’s pic, I did decide to measure and, at 21 days after popping the nose above ground, is 8" high and 18" wide.

“Adequate” is a suitable description in my view.

1 Like

Thelma responding well to her fim

5 Likes

Sarah’s roots have finally broke through. Technically I’m growing hydro/soil kinda thing. It’s cool. I’m excited and she hasn’t died. So I’m doing SOMETHING right. Lol

Sarah
2 1/2 inches tall! Whoohoo
Added half mil of bloom, micro and grow to water

5 Likes

I see roots! Good job!

2 Likes

Im a little worried only because I’ve read that it’s bad for roots to be exposed to light, but I don’t know what to like cover it up with. But if I like color the inside bottle(which holds the soil) I feel like it’ll infect the water. And if I color the outside bottle(which holds the water) I won’t know when to add water and such and how much water it’s been drinking and such. So I’m kinda just in a pickle. Any suggestions?

Hmm, that is a pickle. I’ve never attempted anything like that, so I’m not sure. Why not just wrap a dark cloth around the bottle so you can remove it to see the water level.

3 Likes