2 year old beginner

I love it here. Everyone just want everyone to succeed & of course boast a little. Got a problem just ask & if we don’t know we can probably tag someone in that can help. Happy Growing!!!

4 Likes

Plastic pipettes are the best I’ve found FYI.

Nice setup and welcome! It is a nice dynamic here. Join us in the morning garden sometime.

2 Likes

Good evening everyone,
I was reading posts and my areas water quality report side by side trying to figure out the frequency and need for adding cal/mag to my feeding schedule. ive read the report through 3 times and can find no statement by the water company regarding TDS or EC. by my meter im getting a tds reading of between 275 and 300. I think i understand the TDS number but not the corresponding EC. Anyways the water report states that both cal and mag are at 25ppm. So my question is at those levels with FFHF as the soil is the addition of cal / mag beneficial and if so how often and at what rate? Should i add with other nutes when needed or is it better to add it when im giving just ph water to keep the overall ppm lower. Im not sure who to tag but i did notice that @MacGyverStoner had several technical replies on the subject so ill tag him but all informed replies are appreciated. on a side note the severe nute lock i experienced in g2 ( reference pics at top of post) after flushing and running just ph water for two waterings is showing some good trichomes so im hoping it will at least be worth smoking. third watering is coming up tomorrow or tuesday and i will be feeding my regular nutes at 25% one last time before it goes back to regular ph h2o for its 2 week finish.

2 Likes

@Donaldj @bob31

1 Like

If you already read the technical response then the best I can tell you is; it depends. I generally give all my plants cal-mag in flowering, once a month.

If they are close to harvest and you are only giving them 25% of the recommended nutrients you are probably starving them. @itsalwayssomething

If they are foxfarm nutrients they call for two feedings per week. Most generally do water feed water feed so if you then only add 25% nutes then you are actually only giving them 1/8 the manufacturer recommended dose.

4 Likes

@Bob31 you were correct they now appear nutrient deficient. Guess I waited too long after flushing to feed them. So gave them a full feeding today they are a bit light green but with time to recover. The nutes I gave were what my teacher used and gave me all big box store brands. Actual name was Green Light super bloom. I have ordered is Dyna-grow plant food and bloomfor now cause $ is a bit tight but at least it’s water soluble so I won’t have to stir for so long . Can’t wait to get to start next grow from the beginning with the info I have now

Floated some Afghani on Sunday , moved to peat pellets in a jiffy dome Monday so hopefully they will sprout and at least give up one female

1 Like

One you get the brownish pistils take a look at the trichomes. If they are getting milky I would switch to just plain pH water for the remainder of the grow.

Do you have a loupe or a really good magnifier? @itsalwayssomething

I have cheap loupesays 30x, 60x, 90x but I can only see thru the thirty. The trichomes are still clear with 10-20% of the pistils having turned color. I will keep a close eye on it. Thanks for the info again @Bob31

2 Likes

the 60 and 90 you would need to get down very close to the plant. Like an 1/8 inch or less. But very good. Harvest is the best! @itsalwayssomething

1 Like

Hey @bob31 I haven’t used any kind of magnifying glass since I was kid trying to start fires with the sun! :roll_eyes:

Could you recommend something relatively good but not too expensive? I know I have several months to go before I need it, just don’t want to forget to ask…

~peace

2 Likes

Something like this

https://www.amazon.com/DREAMZE-Illuminated-Jewelers-Magnifier-Antiques/dp/B06WGWZ9V3/ref=sr_1_5?tag=greenrel-20

Will get the job done. You can’t take and post any pics using it, but if you can distinguish between the three different types of trichomes that will work.

Don’t waste your money on those little clip on smartphone magnifiers. They are junk. @jusgettinby

3 Likes

That’s the exact one I have. Takes some practice to use the 60&90 lens but works great.

If my h2o going in is 6.5 and my run off is 5.7 should I adjust the ph going in higher to bring up the ph of the run off?

1 Like

Your runoff ph is low but the overall condition of the plant is a datum too. If it were me I’d bias my input ph a bit high- - -maybe 6.8 and watch conditions. Make sure that your bloom nutes contain some N as well so you aren’t caught short later in flower.

1 Like

@itsalwayssomething

If your pH in is 6.5 and your runoff is 5.7 you plant is trying to tell us something.

Let’s have you do a support ticket and see whats going on.

(My guess is your soil, isn’t) When you get to that on the support ticket, include the ingredients, please.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

Indoor or Outdoor:

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: abomb

How many plants: 1 per room usually unless i have seedlings or clones

Age from Sprout and Flower:18 weeks from clone, week 3 of flower, had to hold in veg while i built new rooms and added more lights

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots: fox farm happy frog in 3 gallon smart pots

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? 3-4 days finger in soil and lift pot

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: until i found this site was using tap water of about 9.5ph. Last 3 weeks has been with 6.5 ph water .Run off 3 weeks ago was 5.85 and has been going down last reading was 5.7 on 11-24

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: phd tap water in 270-350ppm. phd water with food in 1170-1250ppm. last reading ppm out 1750

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often? veg=miracle gro tomato food 1 tbsp to 1 gallon n18, p18, k21. flower= green light super bloom 2 tsp to 1 gallon n12, p55, k6. Feeding every other time i water. water feed water , earth juice micro blast 1 tsp every 4th feeding

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent? 2.5’ x 2.5’ x 8’ per room

Light system, size and height from plants:2 300 watt galaxy hydros actual wattage between the 2 lights combined about 300 watts. kept between 18"-24" away during flower. 30"-24" from clone through veg

Temps; Day, Night:77-81 day, 70-75 night

Humidity; Day, Night: day 28-31% night about the same 33-37%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size Yes 2 4’ inline fans rated at 190 cfm. 1 fan pulls air from 2 rooms and dumps into 3rd room. 2nd fan pulls air from 3rd room through inline carbon filter when needed and dumps into attic. Both are on speed controllers. intake is passive through a 25 sq in per room opening covered in a carbon backed furnace filter

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: have a dehumidifier open to suggestions on humidifier for a 10’ by 10’ room.

Co2; Yes, No: no

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you: Flushed on 11-24 until ph out was 6.5 with food. All 3 rooms are inside a bedroom on the main floor north east corner

297.1 grams wet equals roughly what dry? @bob31

@itsalwayssomething 20% approximately of that.

1 Like

OK thanks @Covertgrower. 1 gram per watt wet or dry?

1 Like

18 weeks in veg and in a 3 gallon pot. I would be in at least a 7 gallon and probably 10 gallon. Might be running into issues of exhausted soil affecting ph. Runoff is high though but that could be the change in ph recently making nutes soluble and causing the somewhat elevated runoff tds.

I like your input tds. Not too thrilled with Miracle Gro. But that’s preference.

2 Likes