2 weeks in to my first grow. I have concerns

I apologize for the length of this but I am new and this forum has been very helpful to me so I am going to lean in and grab some more help.

I am 2 weeks in and my Solo Cup plants are about 1/2" away from the rim of the cup. I need to think about transplanting very soon (within 2 weeks maximum). I live on the west coast of Michigan, USA so I am at least 6 weeks away from putting the plants outside full time but there is no way the wife is going to agree with 7 gallon fabric pots in the basement so I will go with larger clay pots in the meantime. I ordered a new LED light which will work for the bigger plants.

With all that being said here are my questions:

Did I start too early or is this a normal problem?
If I keep with 18 hours of LED every day until going outside will I have a smooth transition?
If I go outside in early May can I simply bring the plants into my heated garage at night?
What is the coldest temperature that a healthy plant can handle?
I have decided on a 3-1 mixture of FFOF and Perlite for soil and I am considering the FF trio of nutrients. I need something simple. I am a rookie. Any thoughts?

Thanks for everything,

Jeff

Early is fine, but if you are going to put them outside you should consider that you will have monster sized plants before the light gets to 12/12.

Transition shouldn’t be a problem.

Yes, you can move them if in pots.

Plants temp range is ideally high 60s to low 80s. Below 60 and you’ll probably start seeing problems.

I would recommend a less hot soil such as FF Happy Frog for a first-time grower.

Pics and a support ticket will help us give you better feedback.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

2 Likes