2 plants in 1 container

Planning out my next grow. I will be growing blueberry autos indoors. I know you can use smaller pots for autos, will 5 gallon pots be enough room for 2 plants?

You really shouldn’t grow two plants in one pot. You’re better off growing each plant in 3 gallon pots, rather than two in one 5 gallon.

3 Likes

Best to keep to one per container. Sometimes one plant will grow faster and block out the light to the other plant.

Actually there is some science behind growing more than one plant in a container
I have the best guy to help explain it
I would try but could not do it as well as my friend @Niala could
Al can you help explain the science or place a few links ao they can research gorbthem selves
Thanks inadvance brother
I would use a bigger container myself maybe 7-10 gal
I actually just finished 4wwa in a 20 gal pot pulled 8 ounces of them bot bad for autos imho
@Hogmaster also has grown multiple plants in same pot
You need mycrocorize in the soil though a product like promix bx has it in the medium already or you can add it
I use both promix bx and mykos
This is what i mux in my soil

https://www.amazon.com/Xtreme-Gardening-Fertilizer-Mykos-Granular/dp/B0799R27RN?tag=greenrel-20

4 Likes

Thank you. I couldn’t resist the sale so I got 20 blueberry autos coming. I already have 5 gallon bags so I figure I might try one double grow in a pot and single plants in the other 3 bags. I have the time to give plenty of attention if needed like some LST and stay on top of needed nutes or water.

2 Likes

Sure Give @Niala a min to see the tag
Im sure he’ll lay some knowledge on you lol
Again 5 gal maybe a little small but they are autos
When they grow close together they will try to out grow each other

3 Likes

Yea I have seen a few people using flower pots and having multiple plants in one pot with zero issues.
I hear a lot of people saying that one plant will over take another plant but from what I’ve seen that just isnt true.

2 Likes

Here’s some interesting readings behind this idea and the subject. Enjoy :wink:

https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/plants-and-trees-communicate-help-each-other-and-even-poison-enemies-through-an-unseen-web

So the idea behind this is the plants will help and share information between them via a mycorrhizal network, the mycoz will also make macro and micro nutrients more available.

Well, I don’t recommend it for beginners, but if you still want to go ahead with this here’s some important things to know

The bigger the pot is the better it works, even for auto’s, I recommend 10 gallons pots at least 7 for 2 autoflowering plants.

Always use good mycorrhizal sources like @Countryboyjvd1971 have you linked.

Always give enough nutrients, otherwise, they will fight for it. Don’t overfeed, tho, you’ll have other problems, just follow the recommended feeding chart of your nutes line and a little more if you see the beginning of deficiencies.

In hope that’s helping you understand the magnifical word of plants and mychorrhizal relationship,

Don’t hesitate if you have further questions just tag me or CB or anyone of the experience member here, we will gladly do our best to help you, @Painfree

Truly yours

~Al :v: :innocent:

13 Likes

@Niala thanks for helping out
Your a rockstar :wink::+1::v:

4 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971

Thanks brother :+1: :wink: :sunglasses: You know that I always like to give that kind of support, thanks for asking me in , it’s appropriate and appreciated, my dearest friend, :+1::ok_hand: :v: :sunglasses: Rockstar to you too, lol :joy: :wink: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

for sure! a rock star without a guitar…plays a majic flute…lol

4 Likes

Lol, like Ian Anderson, Jethro Tull…

5 Likes

@Painfree @Niala In my experience they thrived and as Al mentioned the larger the container the better
Ill be doing another grow with multiple plants in same pot maybe ill start a new thread on it ?
@Aolelon what i found is that they will give way to each other and almost super crop them selves if need to
they will try to out grow each other but if feeding properly they thrive

2 Likes

YES… exactly the picture in my mind!

2 Likes

Pretty much, it can definitely happen.

2 Likes

Thank you both for the wealth of information you share. When I start I will start a journal on it. Failure or success maybe it will help others

3 Likes

Exactly what I found too brother, you’ll almost always have a big sister :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:

2 Likes

You’re welcome @Painfree we are here for that and it’s always a pleasure to help a fellow grower’s :grinning: :v:

5 Likes

These are bagseed i startd outside and just let grow as they went. Originally in 5 gall ceramic pot. They became root bound after 2-3 months. So i put into a huge 5 gallon bucket and they are THRIVING. Plenty of bug damage so dont judge me but the girls are living well.

4 Likes

@Smokin_ernie check out the post above by @Niala :+1:

2 Likes